- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with the usual intro video. Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler welcome us to RAW. Tonight’s main events will include Randy Orton vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho and Mark Henry vs. Wade Barrett in a match where Nexus is banned from ringside.
#1 Contender’s Match: Randy Orton vs. Edge vs. Chris Jericho
We go right to the ring for tonight’s opening match to determine who faces Sheamus for the WWE Title at SummerSlam. Out first comes Randy Orton to a big pop. Chris Jericho is out next followed by Edge.
The bell rings and Orton rights off Jericho and Edge. Jericho goes down in the corner but they manage to both take Orton down in the other corner. Jericho works on Orton and Edge joins the beatdown. Orton comes back and sends Edge out and Jericho down. Edge comes on the apron and drops Orton over the ropes. Jericho takes control with rights on Orton. Edge and Jericho continue the assault on Orton.
Orton counters a move off the ropes and hits a double DDT on Edge and Jericho. 2 count by Orton on Edge. Orton works on Edge now. Jericho hits a Codebreaker on Orton but only gets 2. Edge takes Jericho out to the floor and they begin brawling as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jericho has control of Edge on the outside. Jericho drops Edge over the fan barrier. Jericho comes back in the ring. Orton charges him and knocks him off the apron and into Edge on the floor. They go to come in the ring and Orton attempts a double DDT off the second rope. He pushes Edge off and DDT’s Jericho for a 2 count. Edge breaks it up and sends Orton to the floor. Back in the ring, Edge gets a 2 count on Jericho. Edge goes back outside to work on Orton. Edge brings Orton back in for a 2 count. Jericho pulls Edge outside and slams him into the announcers table. Jericho goes back in and covers Orton for 2. Orton and Jericho go at it now. Orton knocks Jericho down twice and hits a big powerslam for 2.
Jericho ends up on the apron. Orton goes for another second rope DDT but Edge comes in. Orton takes out Edge and covers him for a 2 count. Orton sends Edge to the floor and goes for another second rope DDT on Jericho. Jericho counters and goes for the Walls of Jericho, and locks it. Edge comes in and the hold is broken. Edge hits his DDT for a 2 count on Jericho. Edge goes for a spear but Jericho turns it into the Walls. Edge makes it to the ropes and breaks the hold. Edge rolls Jericho up for a 2 count. Edge sends Jericho to the floor. Orton sneaks in the ring from behind and goes for an RKO. Edge counters it and lays Orton down for a 2 count.
All three go back and forth with pins. They all collide in the middle of the ring and go down after they all try clotheslines. Jericho dumps Edge to the floor. Jericho counters an RKO. Jericho misses a Lionsault on Orton. Orton hits the mat and starts beating on it. Orton drops Jericho with the RKO. Edge runs in and Orton hits him with an RKO also. Orton pins Edge for the pinfall and the win, and the match at SummerSlam.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Randy Orton
- We come back from commercial and Edge is in the ring yelling. He’s demanding that Chris Jericho come back out and settle what’s between them. Jericho comes walking to the ring as Edge is yelling. Edge says their problems end tonight. Jericho gets a mic and says finally they agree on something. Jericho says it’s going to end for Edge tonight. Jericho says he had a conversation with Wade Barrett last week and Barrett pretty much admitted Jericho is the reason Nexus has success, because Jericho mentored him on NXT. Jericho says if he just snapped his fingers, Nexus would come out right now and destroy Edge. Edge says if he offered Nexus what he could bring to the table, they would probably side with him. Out comes Nexus to the ring.
Wade Barrett takes the mic and tells them not to argue. Barrett says Nexus would be lucky to call either Jericho or Edge an ally. Barrett tells Edge that Jericho is right. Nexus could end Edge’s career. Edge starts brawling with Nexus and they beat him down. Jericho points and laughs from the side. Skip Sheffield lays Edge out with a big spear. Jericho leans over Edge and taunts him. Jericho locks Edge in the Walls of Jericho as Nexus looks on. Jericho breaks the hold as he realizes Nexus is staring at him. Barrett takes the mic and says Edge was also right – because they would really like to shut up the guy who’s taking credit for Nexus’ success – Jericho. Jericho attacks Barrett first but they beat him down. Jericho nails Barrett with punches but the numbers are too much. Barrett mounts Jericho and wails away on him. Nexus continues the attack now. David Otunga hits his finisher on Jericho. Barrett stands over Jericho and says he didn’t teach him a thing as his Pro. Barrett leads Nexus up the ring as Edge is laid out at ringside and Jericho is out in the ring. We go to commercial.
- Back from commercial and we get a replay of what just happened. We see Nexus walking to their dressing room. Josh Matthews walks up to talk to Wade Barrett. Josh calls Matthews the most powerful group in the history of WWE. Matthews asks if Barrett can compete with Mark Henry later tonight. Barrett asks if Matthews is scared and he says yes. Barrett says Henry is probably doing the same. Barrett says he’s about to write a new chapter in WWE history and it doesn’t end well for Henry. Matthews leaves and Sheamus walks up. Sheamus says he has a proposal Barrett wants to hear. Barrett tells Sheamus to step into his dressing room. Sheamus says he’d rather wait outside. Barrett says suit yourself and walks in the room as Sheamus stays outside.
- We go ringside to Cole and Lawler. Cole interviews John Cena, who is backstage on the video screen. The crowd pops for Cena. Cena talks about not shaking Barrett’s hand at the truce on RAW. Cena says he thought he could stop Barrett and Nexus but he can’t. Cena says nobody can. Cena says Nexus are attacking everyone because they can. Cena says he wants to meet Wade Barrett and Nexus in the ring tonight. He has something to say to them. Cena says Nexus has made his life miserable. Cena says if you can’t beat them… and walks off. The crowd boo’s and we go to commercial.
Maryse vs. Eve
Back from the break and out comes Eve Torres for the next match. Maryse is out next with Ted DiBiase by her side. Ted joins commentary. The bell rings and Maryse flaunts what looks like a ring, telling Eve she can’t afford it. They talk trash and Eve slaps her. They go at it and Maryse takes control. Maryse with forearm shots now. Eve hits Maryse with an elbow and kicks her in the head. Eve covers and gets the pinfall but Maryse had her foot on the rope.
- After the match, Ted DiBiase rushes the ring and yells at the referee for not seeing Maryse’s foot on the ropes. John Morrison comes down and attacks Ted. Morrison lays Ted out with a kick to the jaw and hits Starship Pain. Maryse and Ted regroup in the ring as Morrison makes his exit.
- We see WWE Champion Sheamus heading to the ring as we go to commercial.
- Back from commercial and out comes the WWE Champion Sheamus to the ring. The crowd boo’s as Sheamus takes the mic. Sheamus says let the records show that he’s beaten John Cena in a tables match, a fatal 4 way and now a cage match. Sheamus says he has dominated Cena and now he’s in his past. Sheamus says Cena won’t be getting a WWE Title shot anytime soon. Sheamus says he found Wade Barrett earlier and demanded a truce between himself and Nexus. Sheamus says one year ago, nobody heard of Sheamus or Nexus and now they are the two most powerful entities in WWE. Sheamus says he and Barrett don’t have to like each other, they stay out of each other’s business and Barrett agreed. As of tonight, the truce is in affect, says Sheamus. Sheamus says Randy Orton has bad news now and doesn’t stand a chance against him. Sheamus says he will be the longest reigning WWE Champion. The music hits and out comes WWE’s United States Champion and Money in the Bank winner, The Miz.
Miz comes out with his briefcase and congratulates Sheamus for getting rid of his Nexus problem but he has a bigger problem now – The Miz. Miz says he controls the fate of the WWE Title because he has the Money in the Bank briefcase. Miz says he will be watching Sheamus everytime he’s in the ring. Miz talks about how at SummerSlam, he could cash in after Sheamus’ match with Orton and win the WWE Title. Miz says maybe he will wait and cash it in at WrestleMania, or maybe he will cash it in tonight. Miz goes to say he’s awesome but Sheamus cuts him off and says he’s nothing. Sheamus leaves the ring when the e-mail alert goes off. Cole reads the message. The GM says that if Miz wants to cash in tonight, he should stay at ringside and watch the next match which will be Sheamus vs. Evan Bourne. Bourne’s music hits and out he comes.
Sheamus vs. Evan Bourne
Bourne takes about a minute to appear and comes out putting his armbands on. Apparently he wasn’t ready. The bell rings and Bourne is still trying to get ready as Sheamus attacks but misses. Bourne sends Sheamus out to the floor. Sheamus hits the announce table and yells as The Miz looks on. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Sheamus is going at it with Bourne in the ring. Sheamus with a big clothesline and a 2 count. Sheamus runs into Bourne in the corner and goes outside. Sheamus pulls Bourne’s leg around the ring post. Sheamus comes back in and stomps on Bourne now. Sheamus hits a huge bodyslam for a 2 count and slams Bourne’s face into the mat. Bourne tries to fight back but Sheamus throws him in the corner and slaps him. Bourne kicks Sheamus in the head and starts fighting back. Bourne knocks Cena down with a kick to the face and another. Miz gets up at ringside. Bourne counters with a roll-up for a 2 count. Bourne with another kick to the face. Bourne goes to the top but Sheamus goes to the floor. Bourne leaps onto Sheamus on the floor. Bourne falls and hits head on the camera at ringside. Bourne comes back in the ring but Sheamus kicks him in the gut. Sheamus hits the big kick to the face and pins Bourne for the win.
- After the match, The Miz rushes the ring and lays out Sheamus with the briefcase. Miz tries to hit the Skull Crushing Finale on the briefcase but Sheamus fights him. Miz hits it and lays Sheamus out. Miz tells the referee he’s cashing in. Miz stalls as he waits on Sheamus to get up but he’s pumped. R-Truth’s music hits and he comes down. Miz tells the referee no but I swear the bell already rang. Miz goes to the floor and Truth starts brawling with him. The Miz runs off with his briefcase. Michael Cole says the match never started because the bell ring so Miz didn’t cash in. I could be wrong but I think the bell rang. The Miz runs off and we go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Matthews is backstage with The Miz. Miz says R-Truth just cost him the WWE Title. Miz says he had Sheamus laid out. The Miz is pissed and cuts a promo on Truth. Miz says he’s awesome and we go back to the announcers at ringside. We go to a SummerSlam rewind with Steve Austin vs. Undertaker.
- We see Sheamus walking backstage with a trainer. He has an ice pack on his head. Some of the Divas are laughing at something else and he yells at them. Randy Orton walks over and says it’s too bad what just happened to Sheamus. Orton says it doesn’t matter who’s WWE Champion at SummerSlam because they will be wearing a giant bullseye. Orton says he’s not going to hit that bullseye with an arrow, a spear or a bullet. He’s going to hit that bullseye with an RKO.
- Before another commercial, we see John Cena in his lockerroom looking rather worried.
Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov vs. Zack Ryder and William Regal
Santino and Ryder start the match off for their teams. They go back and forth. Santino tags in Kozlov. Kozlov takes Regal down who comes in. Santino is tagged back in but REgal drops him. Regal hits a running right hand on Santino for a 2 count. Ryder comes in and gets a 2 count on Santino. Ryder with a chinlock now. Ryder misses a move when Santino moves. Kozlov comes back in and unloads on Ryder. Kozlov hits a big back kick and a powerslam on Ryder for a 2 count as Regal tries to interfere. Regal goes to the floor and Kozlov hits a big chokeslam on Ryder. Santino begs to be tagged in and he comes. Santino runs the ropes and hits a saluting headbutt on Ryder for the win.
Winners: Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov
- We see Nexus talking backstage as Wade Barrett prepares to face Mark Henry. Barrett walks off to the ring and we go to commercial.
Wade Barrett vs. Mark Henry
Back from commercial and out comes Wade Barrett to the Nexus theme. Nexus are banned from ringside at this match. Out next comes Mark Henry to a nice reaction. Henry has a bandage on his head from the Money in the Bank match.
The bell rings and Barrett goes to the apron as Henry approaches him. The crowd boo’s. Barrett comes back in the ring and charges Henry. Henry blocks and knocks Barrett down with a headbutt. Barrett goes out to the floor. Barrett comes back in at the six count. They lock up and Barrett hits a knee to the gut and an elbow to the head. Barrett with shots to Henry’s gut and a headbutt. This just angers Henry. Right to the face by Barrett. Henry responds with a right hand and sends Barrett back into the corner. Henry unloads and hits a big clothesline. 2 count for Henry.
Henry continues to work over Barrett. Barrett comes back with a headbutt and rights. Barrett kicks at Henry’s knee but Henry catches him with a powerslam. 2 count by Henry. Henry drags Barrett to the corner and goes to the second rope. Nexus appear beside the ramp and this distracts Henry for a second. Barrett hits Henry and puts him on his shoulders from the top rope. Barrett struggles with his weight and barely gets Henry over his head to hit his finisher. Barrett barely hits his finisher for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Wade Barrett
- After the match, Barrett is clutching his back. Barrett stomps on Henry as Nexus make their way to the ring. Barrett grabs a mic and says if John Cena wants a meeting with them, here they are. Barrett calls Cena out to the ring. We go to replays of the finish of Barrett vs. Henry. Nexus theme plays again as they wait on John Cena. We see Cena slowly heading to the ring as we go to commercial.
- Back from commercial and Nexus are in the ring waiting. We go to replays again of Barrett defeating Mark Henry. Michael Tarver takes the mic and says they already made one truce tonight but they give Cena their word that they will at least hear him out. Tarver says Cena needs to acknowledge that Nexus runs RAW. And if he doesn’t, they will make the rest of his little career hell. Tarver tells Cena to come out and show remorse for attacking their members lately. Tarver says if Cena does that, they might consider ending it. Tarver says this is all on Cena. Cena’s music hits and out he comes.
Cena enters the ring and thanks Nexus for meeting him tonight. Cena says he’s had two WWE Title matches since Nexus has arrived. They caused him to lose the WWE Title and then stopped him from winning it back. Cena says Sheamus made a truce with Nexus tonight and he should have done the same a long time ago. Cena says he’s sorry. Cena says he’s looking at them all man-to-man and asking for the same thing. Barrett says their answer is no.
Barrett says he isn’t interested in a truce or peace with Cena. He’s looking for something much bigger. The crowd starts chanting for Cena. Cena puts his head down. Barrett says he wants Cena to join them. Barrett tries to convince Cena to join. Barrett says Nexus is the present and future of WWE. Barrett says together, they could be unstoppable. Barrett says this really isn’t much of a choice… because “you’re either Nexus or against us.” Barrett tells Cena to join them and make history together. Cena says no, he can’t join them. Barrett says now they have a different proposition. Cena can leave the ring with his tail between his legs like the coward that he is, or he can stay in the ring and they will give him the most vicious beating they have ever gave. Cena holds his head low and backs out of the ring and walks up to the stage. Cena says he just wants to say one more thing. Whether he does it himself or if he has help, he will take out each member of Nexus. Cena says his truce tonight was just a test. Cena says Nexus sealed their fate. Cena says he has got some help now. Cena says he’s quietly been forming a team lately. A team that will take down Nexus at SummerSlam. Cena introduces his team and out comes Edge, John Morrison, R-Truth, The Great Khali, Chris Jericho and Bret Hart. The RAW stars stand on the ramp and face Nexus, who are in the ring. Bret comes out last to a big pop. The RAW stars rush the ring as Nexus flees from the crowd. RAW goes off the air with Bret’s music playing and the RAW stars looking at Nexus run from the ring.
RAW Candids, SummerSlam Spoilers, Big PPV Match Planned and More!
Facebook comments with spam, excessive profanity, or personal attacks towards other wrestling fans will be subject to moderation. For more discussion on this topic, please visit LOPforums.com.