Posted in: Raw WWE Monday Night RAW Supershow Results 4/16/12
By Marc Middleton
Apr 16, 2012 - 11:07:34 PM
- Tonight's WWE RAW Supershow opens up with WWE Champion CM Punk making his way to the ring.
No DQ, No Count Out Match for the WWE Title: Mark Henry vs. CM Punk
Mark Henry waits in the ring as Punk comes out.
Punk starts out with kicks and offense. Henry stops him in mid strike and slams him on the mat. Henry stomps on Punk and kicks him out to the floor. Henry goes out but Punk goes back in the ring. Punk runs the ropes and hits a suicide dive through the ropes, taking Henry out. Henry whips Punk into the ring post and works him over on the floor.
Punk fights back with boots. Punk leaps up on the fan barrier and runs it before taking Henry out with a clothesline. Punk with several big kicks on the floor now. Punk jumps from the apron but Henry catches him and slings him into the fan barrier as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Henry stops Punk from making a comeback. Henry drops Punk again and stands on him. Punk brings a chair into play and beats Henry with it. 2 count for Punk. Punk goes to hit Henry with it again but Henry kicks him in the gut. Henry grabs the chair and cracks Punk in the back with it. Henry wedges the chair in the corner while Punk gets to his feet. Henry tries to slam Punk into the chair but Punk fights him off and beats him up in the corner. Henry stops Punk's offense again and clotheslines him.
Punk breaks a bear hug and takes Henry's knee out. Punk with a DDT and another 2 count. Punk comes off the top rope but Henry catches him. Punk blocks a World's Strongest Slam and kicks Henry in the head. Punk with the high knee in the corner. Punk goes for the bulldog but Henry shoves him across the ring. Henry charges but Punk moves and he runs into the chair that was wedged into the corner. Punk grabs the chair and climbs to the top with it. Punk comes crashing down with a big steel chair elbow drop on Henry for the win.
Winner: CM Punk
- Chris Jericho appears on the big screen and he's sitting in a bar. He announces Punk vs. Jericho in a Chicago Street Fight for the WWE Title at Extreme Rules. Punk points out what he just did to Mark Henry and says it's no longer about being the best of the world - it's about kicking Jericho's ass. Punk is looking forward to doing it in Chicago in front of his father, his mother and his sister. Jericho tells Punk to promise that he will show up to Extreme Rules sober. Jericho shows us footage from earlier of Punk walking into a local bar. Punk looks around as he enters and when he walks out, he puts his hoodie on and walks away. Jericho asks Punk if he's drunk right now. Punk calls Jericho out to the ring. Punk says he was having fish and chips with a friend of his. Jericho calls him pathetic and says he's in denial, just like his father. Jericho taunts Punk some more about how he's been enjoying the taste of alcohol. Jericho says Punk is on the path to alcoholism and continues running him down. Jericho says Punk will lose the only thing he has left - the WWE Title. Jericho disappears from the screen as Punk goes to talk.
- Up next is Santino Marella vs. David Otunga for the United States Title. Still to come, controversial words from Brock Lesnar. Back to commercial.
- R-Truth is backstage dressed as Sherlock Holmes and he's talking with Teddy Long.
WWE United States Title Match: David Otunga vs. Santino Marella
We go to the ring and out comes WWE United States Champion Santino Marella. The challenger David Otunga is out next.
Otunga starts the match off in control and powerslams Santino. Otunga with forearm shots and an elbow drop for a 2 count. Santino drops down but Otunga kicks him in the head. Otunga hits his finisher and covers Santino for the three count but the referee sees Santino's leg on the rope. Santino gets up and takes Otunga down. Santino hits the Cobra for the quick win.
Winner: Santino Marella
- Josh Mathews is backstage with Lord Tensai and Sakomoto. Tensai says we fear the unknown, talks some in Japanese and says he knows what we should fear.
- Up next is the controversial words from Brock Lesnar.
- Back from the break and we get the promo video for Brock Lesnar. Lesnar talks about his past and how he's always been dominant. He talks about debuting with WWE years ago and then going on to become UFC Champion. We see stills from Lesnar's UFC career before Lesnar talks about why he's back now. He's here to legitimatize WWE. He says we're tired of John Cena's bullcrap. He says Cena is only in the spot he is in because he left 8 years ago. Lesnar says if he would have stayed around, Cena would be the guy carrying his bags. Lesnar says this is real. Lesnar says Cena is scared and their Extreme Rules encounter won't be a wrestling match. He's not a Superstar, he's an ass kicker. He's Brock Lesnar. Lesnar says beating people up makes him happy.
Kane vs. Zack Ryder
We go to the ring and out comes Zack Ryder followed by his opponent Kane. We go to commercial as Kane makes his way out.
Back from the break and Kane attacks Ryder and kicks him off the apron. Kane works him over on the floor and brings him back in for a chokeslam. The bell never rang and it appears Ryder is knocked out. Kane takes the mic and talks about Randy Orton and his dad laid out on SmackDown last week. Kane says like father, like son - Orton and his dad both went down without a fight. Kane's music hits and he leaves the ring.
- AJ Lee is backstage talking with Kofi Kingston. Daniel Bryan walks up and asks Kofi if he's hitting on AJ. Bryan says because he clearly doesn't want AJ doesn't mean it's open season. Bryan mentions the LaBell Lock and stops. He says he was better than Gene LaBell ever was and re-names it the YES! Lock. Bryan chants yes in Kofi's face and the crowd gets behind him. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes John Cena. We see replays of Cena's recent encounters with Brock Lesnar. Cena says the footage is interesting. Cena says John Laurinaitis has been there every time. Cena goes on about Lesnar and Laurinaitis.
Cena says Lesnar simply stands for destruction, dominance and pain. Cena says Lesnar doesn't care about who he runs through. Cena says Lesnar has won everything there is to win so he's not coming to Extreme Rules to win. Cena says Lesnar's goal is to end and replace Cena. The crowd chants Yes to this. Cena says Brock was right - he's scared. Cena says he will still fight on April 29th. John Laurinaitis comes out and interrupts Cena as the crowd boo's.
Laurinaitis announces an Extreme Rules match for Cena tonight but won't reveal his opponent. Laurinaitis also announces a contract signing between Lesnar and Cena for next week's three-hour RAW.
- We get more hype for the WWE Title Match at Extreme Rules with Punk and Jericho. Up next is Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston. Back to commercial.
- Another segment with Hornswoggle in the library.
Kofi Kingston vs. Daniel Bryan
Kofi is out first followed by Daniel Bryan. They go at it and Bryan hits a big dropkick in the corner. Bryan drops a knee to the head and holds it. Another knee from Bryan and more offense.
Bryan keeps control of Kofi and takes him back to the mat to wear him down. Kofi fights out of a hold and hits a high elbow to the face. Bryan dumps Kofi on the floor. Bryan leaps off the apron but Kofi moves. Kofi jumps up to the corner and takes Bryan out on the floor with a crossbody. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and they're going at it. Bryan drops Kofi in the corner. More back and forth. Bryan blocks Trouble in Paradise but Kofi blocks the Yes Lock. Kofi hits SOS but can't get the win. They end up on the top rope. Bryan goes for a superplex but Kofi sends him to the mat. Kofi comes down with a crossbody but Bryan moves. Bryan applies the Yes Lock and the crowd chants yes. Kofi taps out to end it.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
- The crowd chants for Bryan after the match but he drops back down and applies the hold to Kofi again. The music of Sheamus hits and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion for the save. Bryan avoids a Brogue Kick and escapes to the ramp where he leads the crowd in Yes chants.
- Still to come tonight, Cena vs. a mystery man in an Extreme Rules match. Back to commercial.
Brodus Clay vs. Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and out comes Brodus Clay with his dancers. Vickie Guerrero is out next with Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger. The bell rings and Dolph tries for a dropkick. Clay grabs Ziggler and tosses him across the ring. Swagger tries to pull Ziggler to safety but Clay stops him. Swagger gets brought in the ring and Clay takes care of them both. Vickie gets on the apron and argues with Clay. Clay's dancers get into it with her. She kicks one of them down on the floor. Vickie gets in the ring and Clay starts jiggling in front of her.She turns around and gets pushed down by Naomi before she leaves the ring screaming. Clay and his dancers dance to end it.
- Laurinaitis is backstage talking with Otunga when Eve Torres walks up. She wants her one-on-one with Laurinaitis and they all go into his office.
- Lawler and Cole lead us into a video package for the late Chief Jay Strongbow.
- R-Truth Sherlock Holmes is backstage looking for Teddy Long a job again.
Big Show and The Great Khali vs. Epico and Primo
We go to the ring and out comes The Great Khali followed by his partner, the WWE Intercontinental Champion Big Show. Rosa Mendes is out next with the WWE Tag Team Champions Primo and Epico for this non-title match. Cole talks about how the champs have been venting on Twitter lately and now they get the TV time they wanted.
The match starts and "AW" Abraham Washington comes out to watch from the ramp. Apparently he's scouting talents looking for new recruits. Khali manhandles the tag champs and drops Primo with a bg shot to the head and a big boot. Rosa gets the titles and the champs go to leave the match. Show grabs them and brings them back in the ring to Khali. Show hits a chokeslam while Khali hits the Punjabi Plunge and they cover for the double pin and the win.
Winners: Big Show and The Great Khali
- We get a video looking at WWE's debut in Moscow before going back to commercial.
Extreme Rules Match: Lord Tensai vs. John Cena
Back from the break and out comes John Cena for the main event. John Laurinaitis comes out next and introduces Cena's opponent and here comes Lord Tensai with Sakomoto.
The bell rings and Tensai goes to work on Cena. Cena blocks a suplex twice and hits one on Tensai but it has no effect. Tensai gets right up and clotheslines Cena. Tensai takes back control and whips Cena hard into the opposite corner. Tensai continues beating Cena around the ring and hits a big splash in the corner.
Cena goes to the floor and Tensai follows. They fight and Tensai whips Cena into the steel steps. Tensai looks to powerbomb Cena on the floor but Cena backdrops him. Cena grabs the steel steps and cracks Tensai in the head. Cena brings it back in the ring but Sakomoto attacks him with kicks. Otunga comes over and throws Cena in the ring. Tensai grabs him for a big double underhook suplex for a 2 count. Tensai continues the assault on Cena as some "Albert" chants break out in the crowd.
Cena finally makes a comeback and takes Tensai down. Cena goes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle but Tensai gets up and chops him down. Tensai hits the big back splash for another 2 count. Tensai drops down on Cena's arm and applies an armbar. Cena breaks free and applies the STF. Otunga hits the ring and Cena gives him an Attitude Adjustment. Cena turns around to the green mist from Tensai. Tensai hits the sitdown powerbomb for the win.
Winner: Lord Tensai
- Cena's face is covered in green mist and he's begging for water as we go to replays. Tensai and Sakomoto do their ritual in the ring as Cena washes his face off and RAW goes off the air.