- Tonight's WWE RAW opens up with the pyro going off from the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. We go to the ring and out comes Paul Heyman as CM Punk's music plays.
WWE Monday Night RAW Results 9/17/12
By Marc Middleton
Sep 17, 2012 - 11:08:19 PM
Heyman hits the ring and introduces himself. He talks about witnessing history at Night of Champions as CM Punk successfully defended the WWE Title against John Cena. The crowd boos. Heyman admits the finish was controversial and says everyone is talking about it. Heyman calls out referee Chad Patton and here he comes.
Heyman shows a still on the big screen of Cena pinning Punk with the bridge. Patton agrees that he made the right decision last night. Heyman says he and Punk commend Patton for making the right decision. Heyman says a fan uploaded footage to YouTube of the pin but says Cena had it removed earlier today. Heyman airs the footage and we see mobile phone footage of Cena pinning Punk. Heyman starts talking about Punk when the music hits and out comes John Cena.
Cena comes out and tells Heyman to shut up. He agrees with Patton's decision. The crowd starts chanting Cena sucks. Cena says last night was an epic battle. He has his ankle taped tonight because it's as big as a football, he says. Cena wonders how Punk earned respect last night when he retained the title on a tie. Cena goes on and says he wants the rematch tonight. Heyman says Punk would love to respond to Cena's face but he's not here yet. Heyman says he's the voice of the voice of the voiceless so he can answer for Punk. They're interrupted by Alberto Del Rio's music. He comes out with Ricardo Rodriguez to the stage.
Del Rio tells Cena to quit crying and talks about the Brogue Kick being re-instated right before his title match last night. Del Rio enters the ring and says if anyone deserves a rematch, it's him. AJ Lee's music hits and out comes the RAW General Manager to the ring. AJ says she's going to make a super main event - CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus and John Cena. AJ says the match will determine who gets a rematch. She skips off as Heyman follows her around the ring arguing. AJ skips off.
- We see Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara walking backstage as we go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Michael Cole is wearing a "Long Live the King" t-shirt. Cole talks about what happened to Jerry Lawler last week. Cole shows us the Tout video that Lawler did from the hospital last week. Cole announces that Lawler is back home in Memphis. Cole says Lawler is watching tonight and says we will have footage later of Lawler's return home. Lawler will have an exclusive interview on RAW next Monday night.
- Justin Roberts introduces John Bradshaw Layfield and out comes the former WWE Champion. JBL joins Cole for commentary. Jim Ross is introduced next and out he comes as the third man.
Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara vs. Primo and Epico
We go to the ring and out comes Rey Mysterio followed by his tag team partner Sin Cara. Primo and Epico are already in the ring and here we go. Primo starts off with Cara. Rey tags in and they double team Primo as Rosa Mendes screams from ringside. 2 count by Rey.
Cara comes back in for more double teaming. Cara works on Primo's arm as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Epico has Cara down on the mat. Primo tags in but Cara tosses him. Cara tries for a tag but Primo stops him. Cara counters with a tornado DDT. Rey tags in as Epico does. Rey unloads and hits a big kick to the head for a 2 count. Rey shoves Epico in the corner and drops him face first with a hurricanrana. Rey tags in Cara and they double team him in position for 619. Primo comes in and gets put in position also. Rey hits a double 619 and leaps from the apron onto Primo and the floor. Cara hits a splash on Epico from the top for the win.
Winners: Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara
- After the match, Cara and Mysterio are celebrating when they're attack from behind by Titus O'Neil and Darren Young. They beat them down and hit their finishers as the crowd boos. Titus takes a mic at ringside and he's pissed about losing the #1 contendership last week. Titus says from now on they will do the taking. Young botches his part of the promo and they walk off leaving Cara and Rey in the ring.
- Still to come tonight, Kane and Daniel Bryan will defend the tag titles against Kofi Kingston and R-Truth. JR hypes the tag team main event with Cena and Sheamus vs. Del Rio and Punk.
- The announcers talk about WWE's new partnership with Susan G. Komen.
- Back from the break and Cole announces that The Miz will debut his MizTV segment tonight and his guest will be Booker T.
Beth Phoenix vs. Eve Torres
We go to the ring and Beth Phoenix waits. Former WWE Divas Champion Layla is on commentary. Out next comes the new Divas Champion Eve Torres.
Beth takes Eve down first but she comes back with a headlock. Beth comes back and unloads with right hands. Beth slams her on the back of her head and is told to back off by the referee. Beth goes for the Glam Slam but Eve fights out. Eve beats her down. Beth turns it around in the corner with a splash and a kick. More back and forth until Eve rolls Beth up out of nowhere for the win.
Winner: Eve Torres
- Eve taunts Layla with the Divas Title after the match. Layla stands up and they face off at ringside before Eve walks off.
- Still to come, Cena and Sheamus vs. Punk and Del Rio in the main event. Back to commercial.
- They show footage from SmackDown where Tyson Kidd and Brodus Clay got into it with United States Champion Antonio Cesaro.
Brodus Clay vs. Heath Slater
We go to the ring and out comes Brodus Clay with Cameron and Naomi. We see Heath Slater waiting at ringside. Aksana and United States Champion Antonio Cesaro are on commentary. Clay starts the match with a big shot on Slater. Clay takes him to the corner. Slater takes out Clay's leg and turns it around on him in the corner.
Slater takes Clay back down and keeps him grounded. Clay fights up and out, sending Slater across the ring. Clay continues when Cesaro jumps on the apron and distracts him. Slater takes advantage and drops Clay for a close 2 count. Slater goes to the top but Clay headbutts him in mid-air. Clay hits a splash for the win.
Winner: Brodus Clay
- Cesaro leaves with Aksana as Clay brings kids in the ring to dance with he, Cameron and Naomi.
- We see Intercontinental Champion The Miz walking backstage. He's headed out for the debut MizTV segment. Back to commercial.
- Back from the commercial and here comes WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz. The ring is setup like a typical talk show segment. Miz talks about getting his own talk show as he walks to the ring. There's an upside down WWE logo, some chairs and couches. Miz compares his show to Piper's Pit, The Highlight Reel and The Cutting Edge. He says Roddy Piper, Edge and Chris Jericho were never as charismatic or controversial as him. Miz talks about winning at Night of Champions and introduces his guest - SmackDown General Manager Booker T.
Miz says Booker must be honored to be his first guest and this must be the best moment of his career. Miz asks Booker why he's against him. The crowd starts chanting for Booker. Miz asks why he had to defend against three competitors last night. Miz then asks why Booker did what he did with the Brogue Kick. Miz says Booker misses the spotlight. Miz says Booker's time is over. A "boring" chant breaks out next.
Booker says it's time for Miz to get a new guest. Someone who's used to beating multiple competitors at once. The music hits and out comes Ryback to a nice reaction. Ryback hits the ring and Miz exits. Ryback starts tossing a couch and chairs out of the ring and destroys the MizTV set. Ryback grabs the other couch and throws it out at Miz. Ryback music hits as he chants feed me more.
- We go ringside to Michael Cole, JBL and Jim Ross. They show us last week's Tout video from Jerry Lawler again. Cole reminds us that Lawler is back home in Memphis and everyone says hello to him. Still to come is footage of Lawler arriving home earlier today. Back to commercial.
- CM Punk and Paul Heyman are backstage talking when Josh Mathews walks up. He asks if Punk is looking forward to teaming up with Del Rio. Punk calls him an idiot and says he's not looking forward to teaming with anyone. Punk asks after last night, what does he have to do to get respect.
Santino Marella vs. Dolph Ziggler
We go to the ring and out comes Santino Marella. Out next comes Vickie Guerrero and Santino's opponent Dolph Ziggler.
Ziggler starts off with more offense and takes control. Santino does some power walking and sweeps Ziggler for a 2 count. Santino with an arm drag now. Ziggler comes back and hits a neckbreaker as the crowd starts chanting his name. Ziggler with an elbow drop for a 2 count. Ziggler stomps on Santino and pulls out his Cobra. Ziggler rubs it in and calls Santino an idiot and a joke. Ziggler throws the Cobra but Santino starts fighting back. Ziggler drops him with a right hand and covers for 2.
Santino makes a comeback and hits his usual moves. He goes for the Cobra but Vickie pulls it out of the ring. Santino turns around to a leg drop from Ziggler. Ziggler with the Zig Zag for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, Vickie comes in the ring and shoves the Cobra in Santino's mouth as we go to commercial.
Wade Barrett vs. Justin Gabriel
Back from the break and we get a look back at Wade Barrett's promo from SmackDown. We go to the ring and out comes Barrett for a match. His opponent Justin Gabriel is out next.
The bell rings and Gabriel strikes with a kick . They run the ropes and Gabriel with a head scissors takedown and some pin attempts. Barrett turns it around with a low kick. They end up on the floor and Barrett works Gabriel over. Barrett rolls Gabriel in and uses the ring post on him. Barrett comes back in and works over Gabriel in the corner. Barrett continues the assault for another pin attempt.
Barrett keeps Gabriel on the mat and a "we want Nexus" chant breaks out for the former partners. Gabriel makes a comeback with several kicks. Barrett cuts him off but Gabriel counters with an inverted DDT. Gabriel hits a springboard moonsault for 2. Gabriel with more kicks. Barrett ducks one and lifts Gabriel high before slamming him down. Barrett rakes Gabriel's face and levels him with a huge right forearm for the win.
Winner: Wade Barrett
- More hype for tonight's tag team main event. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Subway Jared is backstage with Kofi Kingston and R-Truth. There's a birthday party for Subway. Jared gives them subs including one for Little Jimmy and they walk off. Damien Sandow comes in and has an idea for a sandwich named after him. Jared gives him a meatball marinara instead and he walks off. Ryder comes in and proposes a WWWYKI sub. He gets an Italian BLT instead and walks off. Jared turns around to Ryback. Ryback says feed me more and leaves with two subs.
- Sheamus is backstage talking with John Cena. Cena talks about how they need to make a statement tonight and do more than just win.
- Daniel Bryan is backstage yelling that he's the tag team champion. We see Kane in another part of the building telling everyone that he's the tag team champion. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see footage from earlier today where Jerry Lawler got off the plane in Memphis. Cole hypes the interview for next week.
WWE Tag Team Title Match: Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and out comes Kofi Kingston and R-Truth for their rematch from Night of Champions. The new WWE Tag Team Champions Kane and Daniel Bryan are out next with Bryan coming out first.
The match starts with Kane and Bryan arguing. Bryan starts off with Kofi. They lock up and Bryan applies a headlock. Bryan drops Kofi with a shoulder but Kofi comes back with an elbow. Kofi takes control and tags Truth in for a bit of double teaming. Kofi comes back in with a crossbody for 2. Bryan tags in Kane. Kofi backs Kane to the corner but Kane turns it around and beats him down.
More back and forth action. Kane gets dumped over the top and out to the floor. Bryan comes in but Kofi tosses him over the top and onto Kane. Kane and Bryan start arguing on the floor as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane has Truth in a bearhug. Truth fights out and comes off the second rope with a dropkick. Kofi springboards in off a tag and goes to work on Kane. Kofi with a bunch of right hands in the corner. Kane looks to turn it around but Kofi kicks him in the head. Kofi with a crossbody for 2. Kofi with another big kick to the face and the Boom Drop on Kane. Kofi calls for Trouble in Paradise but Kane grabs him for a chokeslam. Kofi slides out and goes for a Trouble in Paradise from the corner but Kane knocks him out of mid-air with a right hand. Kane calls for a chokeslam but Bryan tags himself in and they argue.
Bryan and Truth go at it now with Truth in control. 2 count by Truth. Kofi tags back in and they double team Bryan. Kofi with another pin attempt and then a submission. Kofi with a dropkick to the jaw and another pin attempt. Truth comes back in for more double teaming. Truth with a 2 count now. Truth takes Bryan down with a headlock. Bryan finally turns it around and drops Truth in the corner. Kane tags in and goes to the top. He comes crashing down on Truth and then dropkicks him in the face for 2. Kane with a splash in the corner and a big sideslam. Kane calls for the chokeslam but Bryan tries tagging in. Kane sees him and grabs him by the throat. Bryan drops Kane over the top rope. Kane turns around to a slam from Truth for a close 2 count. Bryan makes the save but Kofi takes him to the floor. Kane chokeslams Truth as Bryan comes in and applies the No Lock for the win.
Winners: Kane and Daniel Bryan
- After the match, Bryan grabs both title belts and yells that he's the tag team champions. He gets in Kane's face. Kane grabs both belts and yells that he's the champions now. Bryan tells Kane the people want them to hug. They hug it out once again and Bryan snatches his belt back. They start yelling about who's the tag team champions.
- We see footage from a "be a STAR" rally in Bridgeport from March of this year. Justin Roberts welcomes a group of local school kids in the crowd with their parents and they are all wearing "be a STAR" t-shirts.
- Randy Orton is walking backstage as we go to commercial.
Randy Orton vs. Tensai
Back from the commercial and out comes Randy Orton. Out next comes his opponent Tensai with Sakamoto.
The bell rings and they lock up. Orton dumps Tensai in the corner and they lock up again but Orton kicks him. Tensai takes Orton to the corner but he fights out. Tensai drops Orton with a big shot. Orton comes back with an uppercut. Tensai drops Orton with a big shoulder. Tensai takes it back to the corner and hits Orton with headbutts. Tensai with more body shots now and a rake to the face.
Orton tries to fight back but Tensai scoops him for a slam and a pin attempt. Tensai with more offense on the mat. Tensai drops an elbow for another 2 count. Tensai applies a bearhug. Orton fights out but Tensai drops him with another headbutt. Tensai kicks Orton and drives knees into his back. Tensai with a claw hold now. Orton finally catches Tensai with a slam. Tensai rolls to the floor and catches Orton with a right hand. Orton catches Tensai coming in the ring with kicks to the face. Orton goes for the second rope draping DDT and nails it.
Orton hits the mat and readies for the RKO. Tensai blocks it but misses a splash in the corner. Orton comes right back with a big RKO for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- Still to come, Cena and Sheamus vs. Punk and Del Rio. Back to commercial.
- Heyman and Punk are chatting again when David Otunga walks up with Del Rio. Otunga says they want Punk to follow Del Rio's lead tonight. Heyman says Punk follows no one's lead. Del Rio whispers to Otunga. Otunga says it looks like Punk sleeps in a cardboard box on a street. Punk whispers to Heyman now. Heyman reminds them about Survivor Series last year when Punk beat Del Rio for the WWE Title. Punk tells Del Rio he's looking forward to teaming tonight. Del Rio says it will be an honor and walks off.
Damien Sandow vs. Zack Ryder
We go to the ring and out comes Damien Sandow. Sandow is pleased to announce that summer vacation has come to an end. Sandow talks about his favorite season - back to school. Sandow tells Jim Ross that slobberknocker is not a word. Sandow has a list of words for us. Sandow goes on but is interrupted by Zack Ryder. Ryder cuts a promo and calls him professor buzzkill. Ryder has two words for Sandow - shut up now. Ryder says AJ just made this match and it's happening now. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and the match is in progress. Ryder turns it around and drops Sandow on his face. Ryder clotheslines Sandow to the floor and leaps out onto him. Ryder brings it back in the ring for a 2 count.
Sandow turns it around and stomps on Ryder for a pin attempt. Sandow drops Ryder again and smears his face in the mat. Sandow with a 2 count. Sandow drops a big knee drop and bows to the crowd. Sandow with another pin attempt and then a headlock. Sandow goes on and drops another elbow for another pin attempt. Sandow takes Ryder to the corner with shoulder thrusts. Sandow misses a splash and Ryder rolls him up for 2. Ryder with another counter and a roll up for 2. They trade shots now. Ryder comes back with clotheslines and slams Sandow's face into the mat. Ryder with a big right hand and a leaping right in the corner. Ryder goes for the Broski Boot but Sandow rolls to the floor. Ryder meets him on the floor and clotheslines him. Ryder rolls Sandow back in but Sandow takes him to the corner. Sandow goes down again and Ryder nails the Broski Boot for a 2 count.
Sandow gets up and hits Ryder with his neckbreaker finisher for the win.
Winner: Damien Sandow
- We see the footage of Jerry Lawler returning to Memphis earlier today. Cole hypes next week's interview with Lawler.
- Still to come, Cena and Sheamus vs. Punk and Del Rio. Back to commercial.
Sheamus and John Cena vs. CM Punk and Alberto Del Rio
Back from commercial and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus. John Cena is out next. Ricardo Rodriguez is at ringside to introduce Alberto Del Rio, who comes in driving a 2012 Rolls Royce. WWE Champion CM Punk is out next with Paul Heyman.
Punk starts the match by holding up the WWE Title belt for several minutes as Heyman claps at ringside. We go to commercial with Punk still holding the belt in the air.
Back from the break and Punk starts out with Cena. Punk immediately tags in Del Rio and goes to the floor to talk with Heyman. Del Rio and Cena lock up and go at it. Del Rio takes him to the corner and beats him down. Cena turns it around and gets a 2 count. Cena tags in Sheamus and they double team Del Rio a bit. Sheamus takes him to the corner and beats him down. Del Rio gets a boot up but Sheamus catches him with the Celtic Cross for 2. Cena tags in but Del Rio kicks him and tags Punk in. Cena unloads on Punk and hits a bulldog. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Punk fights out and goes to the floor after a thumb to Cena's eye.
Punk comes back in and stomps away on Cena. Del Rio tags back in and they double team Cena. Del Rio chokes Cena on the ropes as Punk gets in a cheap shot. Punk tags himself back in and they double team Cena again. Cena fights them both off but Punk hits a drop toe hold and takes Cena down. Sheamus comes in and takes Punk to the corner. Sheamus beats Punk down and clotheslines him for a 2 count. Punk gets an elbow up and tags in Del Rio. Del Rio hits a big boot and then a kick to the head on Sheamus. Del Rio taunts Cena and punches on Sheamus some more. Sheamus moves and Del Rio gets hung up on the apron. Sheamus hits the forearm to the chest as the crowd counts. Sheamus hits White Noise on Del Rio. Sheamus calls for the Brogue Kick but has to knock Punk off the apron. Del Rio sneaks up with a Backstabber on Sheamus for 2.
Punk tags back in and works over Sheamus. They trade shots until Punk dropkicks the leg out. Punk taunts Sheamus and applies a submission with his knees to the back. Sheamus counters and gets a 2 count. Del Rio comes back in and keeps control of Sheamus. Sheamus fights out but Del Rio cuts him off and stomps on his head for another pin attempt. Sheamus catches Del Rio with a big backbreaker and both go down. Cena tags in as Punk does also. Cena hits the shoulderblocks and side slam. Cena calls for the Five Knuckle Shuffle but Punk tries to kick him. Cena grabs it and goes for the STF. Del Rio makes the save but gets a Brogue Kick from Sheamus. Punk takes out Sheamus. Cena hits the AA on Punk for the win.
Winners: John Cena and Sheamus
- After the match, Sheamus and John Cena embrace in the ring before Cena leaves and goes up the ramp. Punk and Heyman argue with the referee about the count as we go to replays. Replays show that Punk had his foot on the bottom rope but the referee missed the call. The referee tries to leave but Punk gets in his face. Heyman gets in between them but Punk won't give up. Punk follows him up the ramp and yells that his foot was on the ropes. Punk follows the referee into the back and RAW goes off the air.
Must See Photos from Tonight's RAW, Backstage News on Vince-JBL, New Idea for Taker's Return, Personal Pics of Kaitlyn in a Bikini and More...