- Tonight's WWE RAW opens up with a look back at some of the events from last week - The Shield beating down John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus plus Vince McMahon being attacked by Brock Lesnar.
WWE Monday Night RAW Results 2/4/13
By Marc Middleton
Feb 4, 2013 - 11:14:10 PM
- We're live from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia as CM Punk makes his way to the ring without Paul Heyman. Punk takes a fan sign and rips it up. Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler are on commentary.
Punk makes Justin Roberts come in the ring and announce him as The People's Champion. Punk is more calm than he was last week. Punk still disses the fans and says he reacted like a normal person would last week because he was screwed out of the WWE Title. Punk says The Rock doesn't pay the price and doesn't deserve what it means to be the champion. Punk brings up the video of Paul Heyman, Brad Maddox and The Shield that was shown last week. Punk asks fans at ringside and Cole if they saw him in the video, which we did not. Punk says if Heyman says it wasn't Heyman in the video, then it wasn't. It was somebody else. Punk brings up Vince McMahon and starts ripping him. Punk says Vince got what he deserved when he was laid out last week. Punk says Vince just had hip surgery today and Brock Lesnar broke his hip. Punk says that's karma and Vince deserved it. Punk goes back to ripping the fans. He says he will get back the WWE Title in just a few weeks. Punk says Rock may have the physical belt but he's the real champion. Punk says Rock will get what he deserves also. Punk goes on and is interrupted by Booker T.
The SmackDown General Manager botches his lines and Punk tells him to get off his show. Booker says Vickie Guerrero wanted Booker to come out and decide on Punk's fate but Booker is going to leave it up to the fans. Booker says Punk should face some of his previous WrestleMania opponents - maybe Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton or Chris Jericho. Booker tells the fans to download the WWE App and vote on Punk's opponent.
- Cole and Lawler plug the WWE App and tease Bruno Sammartino's Hall of Fame announcement for later tonight.
Ryback vs. Antonio Cesaro
We go to the ring and out comes Ryback. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we see a WWE App video of Randy Orton talking about facing CM Punk at WrestleMania 27 and wanting to face him tonight. Ryback is in the ring as his opponent WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro comes out.
Back and forth to start. Ryback beats Cesaro down in the corner but is told to back off. Cesaro with a cheap shot but Ryback slams him and hits a hip toss. Ryback goes on and gets a 2 count. Ryback turns Cesaro upside down in the corner and stomps away as the crowd chants "feed me more." Cesaro rolls to the floor but Ryback follows him and brings it back in the ring. Cesaro catches him and stomps away.
Ryback with a Thesz Press before slamming Cesaro's head into the mat several times. Ryback tosses Cesaro into the corner but misses a clothesline. Cesaro clotheslines Ryback in the back of the head as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ryback runs over Cesaro. Ryback with a big slam and the crowd pops. Cesaro goes back to the floor and starts leaving. Ryback stops him and beats him back towards the ring. Ryback brings it in but Cesaro drops him over the top rope and then knocks him to the floor. Cesaro rams Ryback into the ring post and then the steel steps. Cesaro comes back in the ring as the referee counts. Ryback makes it back in at 9 but Cesaro unloads in the corner. Cesaro with a nice knee drop from the corner and a 2 count. Ryback counters with a knee to the gut and a clothesline. Ryback with a big back drop and the Meathook clothesline. Cesaro rolls back to the floor and tries to leave through the crowd but Ryback rolls him back in. Cesaro meets him with a boot to the face. He misses the next one and Ryback powerbombs him. Ryback with another Meathook and Shell Shocked for the non-title win.
- More hype for the WWE App and CM Punk's opponent.
- We get a look back at last week where Royal Rumble winner John Cena announced he will face the WWE Champion at WrestleMania before being attacked by The Shield. They show Ryback and Sheamus also getting beat down by The Shield. Up next, we will get an in-depth look at The Shield. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see Chili of TLC fame sitting at ringside.
- We get a WWE App video from Rey Mysterio talking about CM Punk. They are really pushing the WWE App tonight.
- Cole talks about The Shield and leads us into a video package looking at what Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns have done since debuting at Survivor Series.
- John Cena is shown backstage and is met with a mixed reaction. Vickie Guerrero says she heard Cena is going to the ring to call out The Shield. Vickie asks if he has a death wish. Cena mentions WrestleMania but thinks The Shield needs to be stopped first. Cena says they need to be stopped tonight and walks off.
- Cole talks about the 2013 WWE Hall of Fame and leads us into the video package for Trish Stratus. Cole teases Bruno's announcement for later.
- More hype for the WWE App and Punk's opponent. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get a WWE App video from Chris Jericho, also talking about CM Punk. Jericho wants to know who the best in the world is and tells the fans to make it happen.
Santino Marella vs. Jack Swagger
We go to the ring and out comes Santino Marella. Booker T is out on commentary. Out next comes Jack Swagger in his return to RAW.
Swagger dominates early but Santino tries to make a comeback. Swagger hits him with a knee to the gut and a Swagger Bomb out of the corner. Swagger with the ankle lock for the win.
Winner: Jack Swagger
- After the match, Swagger goes to the announce table and asks Booker if he's impressed yet. Swagger wants a spot in the Elimination Chamber.
- Even more hype for the WWE App. Voting is now open for CM Punk's opponent. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Cole says too many people are trying to vote at once so there's a problem with the WWE App. They are extending the voting and opening it at WWE.com.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Cody Rhodes
We go to the ring and out comes World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio. We see some of the recent events between he and Big Show. Out next comes Cody Rhodes.
Cody strikes first and goes to work on Del Rio. Del Rio turns it around and kicks Cody in the head. Cody smacks Del Rio but gets backed into the corner with kicks and punches. Del Rio with a big running kick to the shoulder and a 2 count. Cody turns it around and works on Del Rio's knee and arm now. Cody with a headbutt and more offense in the corner. Cody charges but misses. Del Rio with clotheslines and a backbreaker. Del Rio with a big kick to the face and another 2 count.
Del Rio misses the cross arm breaker and Cody hits the Disaster Kick. Cody with a 2 count. More back and forth. Del Rio gets the armbreaker locked in for the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- After the match, Del Rio says he stands here a different person. He used to look down on everyone but he knows he was wrong. Del Rio says Big Show tries bullying him like he bullies everyone else. Del Rio says he appreciates the fan support and says they made him open his eyes. Del Rio says he is World Heavyweight Champion for the people who fight and work everyday to put food on the table. Del Rio says Big Show will pay for what he did to Ricardo Rodriguez. Big Show interrupts on the big screen. Show says he's in a secure location at a hotel. Del Rio calls him a coward and says he has no balls. Show says he wants a rematch at Elimination Chamber. Show tells Del Rio not to try and find him in the hotel or it will be bad. Show tells Del Rio to send a contract for the rematch and his music hits.
- Jerry Lawler reveals that CM Punk's opponent for tonight will be Chris Jericho with 57% of the vote.
- Still to come, MizTV with Paul Heyman plus John Cena will call out The Shield. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see footage of Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara defeating Kane and Daniel Bryan in a non-title match on SmackDown.
- Kane and Daniel Bryan are backstage arguing. Bryan doesn't want his chances to get in the Elimination Chamber ruined by Kane so he asks Kane to stay in the back tonight. Bryan storms off.
Rey Mysterio vs. Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and out comes Rey Mysterio. Out next comes one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Daniel Bryan.
Back and forth to start the match. Rey with knees to the face and a kick to the shoulder. Bryan catches him and drops Rey's gut over his knees. 2 count for Bryan. We see Teddy Long and Booker T watching backstage. More back and forth. Bryan knocks Rey off the top and turns him upside down in the corner. Bryan charges with a shoulder but Rey moves and he hits the ring post. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan throws Rey to the mat and stomps on his elbow. Bryan continues working on the arm now. Bryan with kicks against the ropes. Bryan sends Rey out to the floor and goes for a suicide dive but Rey stops him with a forearm. Rey comes back and goes to the top. Rey with a seated senton and hurricanrana. Rey with another but gets stopped. Rey rolls through with a kick to the head and a 2 count. Rey knocks Bryan into the ropes but Bryan blocks 619. Bryan goes for the No Lock but Rey counters with a pin attempt. Bryan goes for a powerbomb but Rey turns it into 619 and nails it. Rey goes to the top but misses the headbutt. Bryan applies the No Lock for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
- After the match, Mark Henry makes his return and lays Bryan out at ringside. Henry enters the ring and slams Rey with a big running powerslam. Henry drags Rey to the corner but out comes Sin Cara. Cara springboards in but Henry catches him and hits a World's Strongest Slam. Henry goes back to Rey. Rey tries to fight back but also catches a WSS. Henry drags Rey back to the corner and yells that's not enough. Henry with a big splash from the second rope on Rey. Henry tosses Cara out of the ring and continues yelling as his music plays.
- Back from the break and Bryan catches up with Kane backstage. Bryan asks why Kane didn't stop Mark Henry. Bryan wants an apology. Kane mocks their friendship and walks off laughing.
- Cole shows us video from last week where Brock Lesnar returned and attacked Vince McMahon.
- We see Big Show at his hotel. He's on the phone with Booker T wondering where the contract is. Someone knocks on the door and Big Show hands up. Show opens the door and instead of a courier with a contract, it's room service. Show signs the bill and makes the waiter leave without a tip.
Sheamus vs. Kane
We go to the ring and out comes Sheamus. His opponent is one-half of the WWE Tag Team Champions Kane. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kane makes his way to the ring. Back and forth action to start the match. Kane with a big sideslam for a 2 count. Kane keeps control and stomps on Sheamus. They brawl on the floor before Kane brings it back in. Sheamus fights back from his knees and hits an Irish Curse backbreaker. Sheamus makes a comeback and sends Kane to the floor but he lands on his feet. Sheamus catches Kane on the apron and hits him with forearm shots to the chest. Kane interrupts the count and climbs to the top. Kane rolls through and blocks a Brogue Kick. Sheamus blocks a chokeslam. Kane counters White Noise but Sheamus blocks a Tombstone. Kane hits a big DDT and waits for a chokeslam. Daniel Bryan runs down and distracts Kane from the apron. Kane grabs him by his throat and pushes him off the apron. Kane turns around to a Brogue for the win.
- Still to come, Cena will call out The Shield and MizTV with Paul Heyman. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and The Miz is int he ring for MizTV. He talks about Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman but is interrupted by Heyman. Heyman says he will introduce himself to Miz in his face right now. Heyman says he won't let someone like Miz to soil his name. Heyman offers his best wishes to Vince McMahon. Miz interrupts and says nobody believes Heyman cares about Vince. Heyman says he didn't know Lesnar was in Las Vegas and didn't know he would be attacking Vince. Heyman says he's sorry it happened but it did.
Heyman rants about Punk and The Rock. Miz says he's changing the subject. Heyman says he will answer questions from The Miz as soon as he answers his. They come face to face and out comes Vickie Guerrero. She says the bickering has to stop. Vickie says Heyman is telling the truth - he had nothing to do with Lesnar returning last week. Vickie says she did. Vickie says she has been secretly negotiating with Brock for a while because he was an elite free agent. Vickie says re-signing Brock was a chance for her to impress Vince so she could be promoted to permanent General Manager. Vickie says she had no idea he was going to attack Vince. She feels bad about it and cries on Heyman's shoulder.
Heyman says he believes Vickie. Heyman suggests we have a moment of silence for Vince. Vickie says we all should pray for his well being. Miz starts the "really?" chant and interrupts their prayer. Miz calls them bottom feeders. Vickie reminds Miz she is his boss. Miz says it's a matter of time before Vince fires them both. Miz goes on until Brock Lesnar's music hits and out he comes.
Vickie and Heyman scramble from the ring as Lesnar makes his way down and Miz waits. They have a staredown as Lesnar enters the ring. Heyman watches from the apron now. Miz shoves Lesnar. Lesnar runs over him with a big clothesline. Lesnar tosses Miz out of the ring and starts tearing apart the MizTV set. Lesnar tosses chairs out of the ring at Miz and the couches out of the ring. Miz comes in and attacks Lesnar from behind. Lesnar takes him out with knees to the face and then a big F5. Heyman gets Lesnar to back off Miz as the crowd boos. Lesnar exits the ring as we go to replays. Heyman and Lesnar leave together as Miz tries to recover in the ring. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see a replay of Brock Lesnar beating up The Miz.
Randy Orton vs. Wade Barrett
We go to the ring and out comes Randy Orton to a big pop. Out next comes his opponent WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett.
We get a side video of Bo Dallas talking about Barrett. We see footage from SmackDown of Barrett attacking Dallas backstage. Orton and Barrett go at it now. Barrett beats Orton down in the corner. Orton with a Thesz Press and several right hands. Back and forth until Orton hits the clothesline out of the corner. Barrett goes to the floor but Orton follows and slams him into the apron. Orton with a back drop over the fan barrier. Orton brings it back in the ring for a 2 count. Orton stomps away now.
Barrett turns it around with a clothesline and sends Orton out to the floor. Barrett follows and works him over. Barrett brings it back in the ring for 2. Barrett with a headlock now. Orton fights out and blocks a kick. Orton with a pair of clotheslines and a powerslam. Barrett rolls to the apron and Orton brings him back in with the second rope draping DDT. Orton gets a big pop as he waits on Barrett to get up. Barrett rolls to the floor but Orton brings him back in. Barrett catches Orton with Winds of Change for a 2 count. Barrett scoops Orton on his shoulders but Orton fights out. Barrett blocks a RKO but misses a big boot. Orton with a RKO for the non-title win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- Back from commercial and we get a vignette for Fandango.
Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk
We go to the ring and out comes Chris Jericho to a big pop. Out next comes CM Punk without Paul Heyman.
The match starts and fans chant for Jericho. They lock up and Punk strikes first. Punk with a knee and some chops. Jericho comes back with chops into the ropes. Jericho drops Punk with an elbow and kicks him down in the corner. Jericho with a big suplex as the fans chant for both men now. Jericho drops a knee and covers for a pin attempt. Punk turns it around and kicks away at Jericho on the mat. Punk with a chop and a knee to the gut. Punk with a pin attempt now. Punk with a submission now. Jericho turns it around again. Punk runs into a big boot. Punk goes for a tornado DDT but Jericho blocks it and sends him to the floor. Jericho slide kicks Punk back into the announcers table. Jericho springboards but Punk turns it around as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Punk back drops Jericho. Punk with a leg drop to the back of the head and another. Punk drops another and covers Jericho for 2. Punk with another hold on the mat. More back and forth. Punk springboards in with a clothesline but misses it. Jericho makes a comeback and comes off the top. Jericho with a bulldog. He goes for a Lionsault but Punk gets his knees up. Punk blocks Walls of Jericho but misses the high knee in the corner. Jericho climbs up with right hands. They crash to the mat and Jericho covers for a 2 count. Punk stops another Lionsault. Jericho slides out of GTS and goes for Walls of Jericho. Punk turns it into a roll up for 2. Jericho with a 2 count. Punk with a swinging neckbreaker for 2. Punk hits the knee in the corner and a clothesline. Punk goes to the top but misses the big elbow drop. Jericho hits a Lionsault and covers for 2. Punk with a superkick for another close 2 count. Punk locks in the Anaconda Vise but Jericho makes it to the bottom rope. Punk takes his time breaking the hold.
Jericho goes to the top but Punk cuts him off. Punk scoops Jericho for GTS but Jericho counters and locks in the Walls. Punk makes it to the bottom rope and breaks the hold. Punk goes for GTS again but Jericho goes for the Walls again. Punk blocks it and throws Jericho into the ring post. Punk nails GTS for the win.
Winner: CM Punk
- We get a Hall of Fame video for Bruno Sammartino.
- Still to come, Cena will call out The Shield. Back to commercial.
- Matt Striker catches up with CM Punk backstage and asks where his head is at. Punk calls The Rock a thief for walking around with the WWE Title. Punk says he will prove he's the best in the world again at Elimination Chamber.
- Cole leads us into a video on The Rock's WWE Title win.
- John Cena is backstage with Josh Mathews. He's back and he's focused, smack in the middle of whoop-ass season. Cena says he's going to the ring to call out The Shield. Cena says The Shield pushed last week but he pushes back tonight. We go back to commercial.
- Big Show is at his hotel again, on the phone. He answers the door and it's someone with the contract. The man tries to tell Show something but he hushes him while he looks at the contract. Show signs the contract and gives it back to the man to take to Booker T. Show opens the door and Alberto Del Rio is standing there. Del Rio pulls Show into the hallway and beats on him. Show hits a body blow and turns it around. Show throws Del Rio through a piece of furniture and kicks him around the hall. Show breaks the leg off a table but turns around to a fire extinguisher spray. Del Rio lays Show out with a big shot from the fire extinguisher to the skull. The elevator opens and Del Rio says Show had some bad Mexican food. Del Rio hops on the elevator and leaves Show laid out.
- We come back to the arena and Brad Maddox is in the ring.
Maddox says Paul Heyman used him and preyed on him. Maddox says he's an innocent victim. Maddox says he's the one who gave Vince McMahon the footage. Maddox says he's the hero now so it will be him and not John Cena who will teach The Shield about justice. Maddox calls Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns to the ring.
The Shield's music hits and here they come through the crowd. Ambrose says they don't need an invitation. Ambrose calls Maddox a rat. Rollins talks to Maddox about what justice really is and threatens him with a beating he deserves. Maddox says to come give it. The Shield are at ringside now as Reigns says they are going to enjoy it this time. They hit the ring and Maddox strikes Ambrose first. The Shield beat Maddox down and hit the triple powerbomb.
John Cena's music hits and out he comes through the crowd. Ryback's music hits next and here he comes through another part of the crowd. Sheamus is next and he's also coming through the fans. Cena, Ryback and Sheamus surround the ringside area but Shield leaves the ring and go up the ramp. The WWE locker room, led by Randy Orton, comes out and backs them back into the ring. Cena, Sheamus and Ryback hit the ring and all six Superstars brawl. Sheamus and Reigns, Ryback and Rollins, Ambrose and Cena go at it. The Shield gets sent to the floor and escape through the crowd. RAW goes off the air with Cena, Ryback and Sheamus standing tall in the ring.
Must See WWE RAW Photos for Tonight, Big News on a WrestleMania Midcard Match, Revealing New Rosa Mendes Candids, Undertaker's Return Revealed?, Lots More...