Posted in: Raw WWE RAW Supershow Results 12/5/11
By Marc Middleton
Dec 5, 2011 - 8:09:05 PM
- Tonight's WWE RAW Supershow opens up with the pyro going off inside the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa, Florida. Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW and is joined by Jerry Lawler.
- We go right to the ring and out comes John Cena to a mixed reaction. Cena talks about last week's RAW and thanks Roddy Piper for telling how he felt about Cena last week. Cena talks about how each and every fan has earned the right to tell him how they feel about him. Cena invites the fans to boo or cheer him, whatever they want. Cena says he's been dealing with reactions like this since he got here but for some reason, people are making a big deal out of it now.
Cena says CM Punk needs a #1 contender and the only thing bigger than The Rock vs. John Cena at WrestleMania 28 is Rock vs. Cena for the WWE Title. Cena goes to call out Punk but Alberto Del Rio interrupts and walks down the ramp. Del Rio says Cena doesn't get a title match because the next title match is his. Del Rio says he will be the next WWE Champion. Del Rio shows footage from last week's RAW where Punk dropped his head on the exposed turnbuckle to get the win in their WWE Title match. Del Rio says Punk cheated and he should be the new WWE Champion. Vickie Guerrero interrupts and walks out with United States Champion Dolph Ziggler.
Vickie says neither of them deserve a title shot. She says the only RAW star that deserves a shot is Dolph. Dolph says he will be the first-ever United States and WWE Champion. Cena mocks Ziggler's past gimmicks and comes up with a new nickname instead of Show Off - Jerk Off. Cena brings up Zack Ryder getting a US Title shot. Ziggler and Cena go back and forth on the mic. Ziggler says the next WWE Title shot goes to everyone's favorite #heel - him. The Miz interrupts and makes his way to the ring.
Miz brings up the Slammy Awards next week and puts himself over as Superstar of the Year and the next WWE Champion. John Laurinaitis interrupts him and comes out to boos from the crowd. Laurinaitis introduces himself to everyone once again. He says CM Punk has falsely accused him of being boring. Laurinaitis is going to debunk that tonight. Del Rio, Miz and Ziggler will face SmackDown stars tonight and if they win, they get a spot in a title match at TLC. Cena has a special "Social Challenge" match tonight that we don't know what it is yet. Laurinaitis also announces a contract signing with CM Punk tonight. Miz's match is up next.
Randy Orton vs. The Miz
Randy Orton makes his way out as Miz looks on from the ring and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and they go at it. Miz takes control but Orton comes out of the corner with right hands and an uppercut. Orton with a big clothesline and stomps. Orton with a suplex. Miz kicks Orton in the head and drops him with a big boot. Miz stomps away on Orton now. Miz with a 2 count and a headlock. Miz with more offense and another 2 count. Miz goes back to the headlock now.
Orton comes back with a suplex. Miz goes for the clothesline in the corner but Orton hits one of his own. And another. Orton with the scoop slam. Orton goes for the second rope draping DDT but Miz counters and sends Orton to the floor. MiZ goes to the floor but Orton scoop slams him hard. Wade Barrett's music hits and out he comes to the stage. Orton ends up chasing Barrett off to the back and getting counted out.
Winner by Count Out: The Miz
- Orton comes back down to ringside upset. Barrett runs down from behind and lays him out.
- We get a new promo video for the WWE Network.
- Zack Ryder is backstage with John Laurinaitis. Laurinaitis says Dolph Ziggler has filed a complaint because of Ryder's US Title petition. John Cena walks in wearing Ryders headband, hair and glasses. Laurinaitis puts Cena in a match against Ryder for tonight. Neither of them like this. Cena says this match doesn't need to happen. Laurinaitis says it does because the WWE Universe wants to see it. Laurinaitis says if Ryder wins, he gets a shot. If Cena wins, he's in the WWE Title match at TLC.
- David Otunga is backstage with Kevin Nash. Nash vs. Triple H in a Ladder Match at TLC is official. Otunga says Triple H is talking with doctors right now to be cleared. Nash says he doesn't do ladder matches. Otunga says hanging above the ring will be a sledgehammer. Whoever gets it first can legally use it. Nash says he can do a ladder match now. Tonight, Nash will be in action. Otunga asks if he wants to know who his opponent is. Nash asks if it's Triple H. Otunga says no and Nash says he has no worries before walking off.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Daniel Bryan
Alberto Del Rio comes out for his TLC qualifying match as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Daniel Bryan. The bell rings and they go to the corner. Del Rio with a kick to the gut and shoulder thrusts. Del Rio with more kicks and stops to Bryan's ribs. Bryan makes a comeback but Del Rio cuts it off. More back and forth. Bryan applies the submission but Del Rio breaks out and drops his ribs over the top rope. Del Rio applies the cross armbreaker and Bryan taps out.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- It's now Miz, Del Rio and Punk in the WWE Title match at TLC.
- We see Alicia Fox, Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres walking backstage as we go to commercial.
Beth Phoenix and Natalya vs. Kelly Kelly and Eve
We go to the ring and out comes Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres and Alicia Fox. Out next is Beth Phoenix and Natalya. A promo video for them airs but is interrupted by another January 2012 video that says "Look within." The match starts and Kelly gets double teamed for a quick pin attempt. Beth continues the attack on Kelly and taunts Eve. Beth turns around to a quick roll up from Kelly for the win.
Winners: Eve and Kelly Kelly
- Cena vs. Ryder is up next. Back to commercial.
Social Experiment Match: John Cena vs. Zack Ryder
Back from the break and out comes Zack Ryder followed by his opponent John Cena. They lock up and Ryder applies a headlock. Cena fights out and takes Ryder down by his arm. Cena turns it around again and takes Ryder down with a headlock. Cena drops Ryder with a shoulder. Ryder leap frogs and Cena blocks his hip toss. Ryder takes Cena down and goes back to a headlock. More back and forth action and another headlock by Cena.
Ryder gets a quick 2 count on Cena and goes back to the headlock. We see Vickie and Dolph watching from backstage. Cena fights out of the headlock but Ryder hits a swinging neckbreaker for another 2 count. Ryder takes Cena back to the mat. Cena fights out again but runs into Ryder's knees in the corner. Ryder with a missile dropkick from the ropes for another 2 count. Ryder goes back to the top but Cena catches him on his shoulders. Ryder comes down with a tornado DDT for another 2 count. Cena dodges the Ruff Ryder and hits his usual moves. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle but Ryder grabs the ropes and slides out of the Attitude Adjustment. Cena charges in the corner but Ryder moves and Cena goes down. Ryder fist pumps and hits Cena with the running boot in the corner. Ryder goes for the Ruff Ryder but Cena turns it into the AA for the win.
Winner: John Cena
- Cena is now in the WWE Title match at TLC. We see Vickie and Dolph backstage smiling. Cena goes to help Ryder up but he pushes him off. Ryder is upset about his title shot. Cena marches off to the back and leaves Ryder in the ring.
- Back from the break and David Otunga is talking with John Laurinaitis. Cena walks in pissed off and tells Otunga to get out. Cena says Ryder has worked his ass off and deserves a shot at the US Title. Laurinaitis says either Ryder blew it or Cena blew it for him. Laurinaitis says Ryder will have one more opportunity tonight. If Cena gives up his WWE Title shot at TLC, Ryder can get another shot. Cena says he's a 10-time WWE Champion because he busts his ass every time he's in the ring. Cena says along the way he was fortunate to get opportunities. Cena says nobody in the office has ever gave Ryder an opportunity. Cena says Ryder deserves at least one shot and drops out of the TLC match, giving Ryder another chance. Laurinaitis hasn't decided on Ryder's opponent yet.
No Count Out, No DQ Match: Zack Ryder vs. Mark Henry
Back from the break and Ryder is waiting in the ring. David Otunga informs Justin Roberts that to ensure a winner, this is a No Count Out, No DQ match. Out comes Ryder's opponent, the World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry.
Henry knocks Ryder down and goes to work on him. Henry kicks and stomps on Ryder before choking him. Ryder fights back and unloads with punches until Henry floors him with a clothesline. Henry holds Ryder down to the mat and tells him he doesn't deserve to be in his ring. Ryder fights back with kicks and slams Henry's injured ankle into the ring post. Ryder fist pumps and hits the running boot to the head in the corner. Henry shoves Ryder across the ring. John Cena comes out to cheer Ryder on.
Henry blocks the Ruff Ryder and slams Ryder. Cena enters the ring and lays Henry out with the Attitude Adjustment. Ryder covers Henry for the win and the US Title shot.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Zack Ryder
- We see Vickie Guerrero coming out of Laurinaitis' locker room where Ziggler and Jack Swagger are waiting. She couldn't get the Ryder match overturned. She reveals Ziggler's opponent tonight is Sheamus. Swagger wants to come in Ziggler's corner tonight but Ziggler acts like he doesn't want him there.
- We see Kevin Nash walking to the ring as we go to commercial.
Kevin Nash vs. Santino Marella
Kevin Nash makes his way to the ring and he has a sledgehammer. Nash sets it at ringside and enters the ring. Out next comes Santino Marella, looking for revenge. They go to lock up but Nash hits a knee to the gut and an elbow. Nash catches Santino off the ropes with a big side slam for a 2 count.
Nash connects with a big boot and the Jackknife powerbomb for the quick win.
Winner: Kevin Nash
- After the match, Nash goes and gets the sledgehammer. Nash brings it in the ring and scares Santino with it. Nash raises the sledgehammer in the air before making his exit.
- We see Evan Bourne and CM Punk talking backstage as we go to commercial.
Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and out comes Vickie Guerrero with the United States Champion Dolph Ziggler. His opponent Sheamus is out next. Ziggler dodges two charges from Sheamus and shows off. They lock up and Sheamus slams Ziggler and applies a headlock. Ziggler connects with a big dropkick for a 1 count. Ziggler takes Sheamus to the corner and slaps him. Sheamus knocks him down with a shoulder and hits him with forearm shots to the chest on the ropes.
Sheamus with a suplex and a 2 count. Ziggler fights back and hits a neckbreaker for a 1 count of his own. Ziggler stomps away on Sheamus until he's told to back off. Ziggler with a headlock now. Sheamus fights out but Ziggler counters and hits the big leg drop for a 2 count. Sheamus comes back again with the ax handles. Sheamus takes it to the corner and beats Ziggler down with headbutts and then a clothesline. Ziggler slides out of the Celtic Cross. Sheamus charges in the corner but Ziggler moves and he hits the ring post. Zack Ryder's music hits and out he comes to the stage. Ryder runs down to the ring but stops at ringside, distracting Ziggler. Ziggler turns around to a Brogue Kick for the win.
- After the match, Ryder hits the ring and lays Ziggler out with a Ruff Ryder. Ryder taunts him with the US Title before heading up the ramp.
- Up next is the WWE Title contract signing for TLC. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and the ring is set up for a contract signing. The Miz and Alberto Del Rio wait as John Laurinaitis is introduced. Laurinaitis makes Mark Henry vs. John Cena for next week's Slammy RAW. Laurinaitis introduces WWE Champion CM Punk and out he comes.
Punk comes out and moves his chair because he doesn't want to have a seat. Punk says the contract signing is the biggest WWE cliche. He says they always end in a brawl. Punk goes on and Laurinaitis interrupts him. Laurinaitis announces a Triple Threat Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the WWE Title at TLC. Punk knocks Miz and Del Rio and says he's fine with that. Miz reminds him he took out John Morrison and R-Truth. Punk wonders if he took them out on a date. Miz says he injured Morrison so bad Laurinaitis had to future endeavor him. Laurinaitis looks at the camera and wishes Morrison the best in his future endeavors.
Miz says he's going to bring the WWE Title back at TLC. Punk says Miz concerns himself with all that Hollywood stuff and he concerns himself with being the best in the world. Del Rio is tired of them crying like girls and says he is the best in the world. Del Rio says he's going to beat Punk to become champion again and there's nothing that Miz or Punk can do about it. Miz says he and Del Rio will battle at TLC but they both agree that Punk isn't walking out WWE Champion. Miz signs the contract. Del Rio says he's right and then signs it. Del Rio says Punk is going to lose. Punk takes the contract and says once he signs, they can get to fighting right? Laurinaits says no and tells him to sign it. Punk signs and Laurinaitis thanks them, making the match official. Laurinaitis wishes them good luck and says he's looking forward to the match. Laurinaitis asks a photographer to come in the ring so they can take a picture. Everybody's in but Punk. Punk says even Laurinaitis' contract signings are boring. These things are supposed to end in brawls and he wants to take pictures. Punk decks Miz and goes after Del Rio. Miz goes to the floor. Ricardo attacks Punk. Punk goes for GTS on Ricardo Rodriguez but Del Rio makes the save. Del Rio throws the chairs out of the ring and positions the table. Del Rio grabs Punk but Miz grabs him from behind. Punk hits the knee in the corner on Del Rio. Punk bulldogs Del Rio through the table and lays Miz out with GTS on top of Del Rio. Punk grabs the WWE Title and swings it around before going back to the turnbuckles to pose. Laurinaitis looks on from the stage as Punk holds the WWE Title up and stares him down. RAW goes off the air with Miz and Del Rio laid out and Punk holding the belt up.