Posted in: Raw WWE RAW Supershow Results 12/19/11
By Marc Middleton
Dec 19, 2011 - 9:29:44 PM
- Tonight's WWE RAW Supershow opens up with the normal video package. We're live from the Wells Fargo Center as a drumroll starts up. WWE Champion CM Punk welcomes us to Philadelphia. Punk says on behalf of John Laurinaitis, he is proud to announce the result of TLC. We still can't see Punk yet, just hear him. Punk announces himself as the winner at TLC and out he comes to a big pop from the crowd. Punk makes his way to the ring.
Punk comes out and talks about retaining the WWE Title at TLC. Punk says he is beat up and sore but a lot of people thought he would never hold the WWE Title. Punk then introduces the new United States Champion, Zack Ryder, after another drumroll. Out comes Ryder to a nice pop from the crowd.
The crowd chants Ryder's name and he soaks it up. Punk says he has saved the biggest for last, then talks about the World Heavyweight Title Chairs Match at TLC. Punk does a drumroll for Big Show or Mark Henry as the winner but says the unthinkable happened. Punk brings out the new World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan. Ryder, Punk and Bryan stand with their belts in the middle of the ring. Punk says if any city would appreciate this scene right here, it would be Philadelphia. The crowd chants ECW. Punk talks about he and Bryan meeting 10 years ago at the Murphy rec center down the street and it gets a big pop and now here they are as WWE and World Champion. Punk puts over Ryder next and gets the crowd to fist pump. Punk calls this crazy. Punk puts over Bryan and Ryder some more and wants to hear from them now.
Ryder says he still can't believe it and had to call his dad this morning to make sure he was the United States Champion. Bryan says nobody even expected him to get to WWE. Bryan brings up Michael Cole and the crowd boos while Cole rants at ringside. Bryan says he got here and he's champion... not just any champion but the World Heavyweight Champion. Bryan goes on but stops when The Miz, Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio come out to the ring and surround it. Punk, Bryan and Ryder get ready to fight and stop the heels from entering the ring by knocking them back. Ryder leaps over the ropes and takes out Ziggler. Miz and Del Rio attack Ryder until Punk and Bryan run them off and up the stage. John Laurinaitis runs out and stops the four from fighting. Laurinaitis makes Miz, Ziggler and Del Rio vs. Bryan, Punk and Ryder for tonight. Laurinaitis says this is his Christmas present to the Superstars and the WWE Universe. Laurinaitis wishes everyone a Happy Holidays as we go to the announcers.
- Cole hypes Kane's return on last week's show and says tonight, John Cena will speak out. Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton is up next after commercial.
Wade Barrett vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and out comes Randy Orton to a big pop. His opponent Wade Barrett is out next.
The bell rings and Barrett strikes first, taking the fight to the corner. Barrett beats Orton down and stomps on him. Orton turns it around with right hands and slams Barrett for 2. They go to the floor and Barrett lays Orton out with a running boot to the head. Barrett gets back in the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett is still in control. Barrett knocks Orton back out of the ring with a big boot to the face. Orton makes it back in and fights out of a headlock. Orton catches a kick and comes back with clotheslines and the powerslam. Barrett blocks the DDT and goes for Wasteland. Orton blocks that with the backbreaker. Orton hits the second rope draping DDT and readies for the RKO. Barrett hits Orton with a thumb to the eyes and gets disqualified.
Winner by DQ: Randy Orton
- After the bell, Barrett continues the attack on Orton as the referee tries to get him to stop. Barrett stomps away on Orton and hits the Winds of Change sideslam. Barrett brings a table from under the ring and slides it in. Barrett hits another big boot to the head as Orton is getting up. Barrett sets the table up and puts Orton through it with Wasteland.
- Cole and Lawler talk about TLC and Kevin Nash getting hurt. Alicia Fox is shown backstage as is Divas Champion Beth Phoenix as we go back to commercial.
Beth Phoenix vs. Alicia Fox
Back from the break and out comes the WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix to the ring. Out next comes Alicia Fox. They go at it and Beth drops Alicia with a sidewalk slam. Alicia makes a comeback and drops a leg for the quick pin.
Winner: Alicia Fox
- After the match, Alicia takes the mic and says she hopes everyone has a Foxy Holiday.
- We get more hype for tonight's six-man main event before going back to break.
Sheamus vs. Jinder Mahal
Back from the break and out comes Sheamus followed by his opponent Jinder Mahal. Mahal rips Sheamus on the mic as he makes his way to the ring. Mahal says it's time someone put Sheamus in his place. The bell rings and Mahal goes behind. Sheamus fights him off. Mahal comes back with kicks and knees to the gut. Sheamus drops him with a right hand and goes to work. Mahal kicks Sheamus and kicks his knee out. Mahal with a dropkick to the head.
Mahal with another high knee for a 2 count. Sheamus makes a comeback but misses the battering ram from the top. Sheamus connects with the Irish Curse backbreaker and the Celtic Cross for the win.
- Up next, John Cena speaks out about Kane.
- Back from the break and we get a replay of Kane attacking John Cena last week. Cena comes out and gets a mixed reaction from the Philadelphia crowd. Cena heads to the ring.
Cena is met with mostly boos as he enters the ring. Cena says what he's about to say is shocking and jokingly warns the fans. Cena says apparently there are people out there that don't like him and apparently he can get under some people's skin. Cena brings up The Rock and says he is ready for April 1st. Cena says there is a monster on the loose and talks about Kane chokeslamming him to hell last week. The crowd cheers somewhat.
Cena says if last week was a mistake, he will let bygones be bygones and they will go their separate ways. If last week wasn't a mistake, then they have business and they should handle that business. Mark Henry's music hits and out he comes in street clothes, limping with a boot on.
Henry says Cena would be the next member in the Hall of Pain, if it wasn't for Kane. The crowd chants "Sexual Chocolate" as Henry enters the ring. Henry tells Cena to kick rocks and get out of his face. He's all the business Cena needs to worry about. Cena posts up to fight when the stage explodes and the lights go out. Kane's music hits and out he comes.
Kane enters the ring and Cena unloads on him. Cena sends Kane to the floor but he lands on his feet. Kane pulls Cena out and throws him over the announce table. Kane beats Cena up with big right hands. Kane looks to choke Cena out with a mandible and Cena is bleeding. Kane rips off Cena's shirt and leaves with it as his music plays. We go to commercial.
Epico and Primo vs. The Usos
Back from the break and Primo, Epico and Rosa Mendes are in the ring. Out next come The Usos with their grand entrance.
Primo starts off for his team and Jimmy does for his. The Usos take control early on. Epico distracts Uso and Primo dropkicks him off the ropes. Primo stomps away and tags in Epico. Epico continues stomping as Rosa cheers them on. Primo tags back in and continues the assault. We see Kofi Kingston and Evan Bourne watching backstage. Epico with a pair of pin attempts on Uso.
More back and forth action. Jimmy clears the ring and hits the big splash in the corner like Rikishi. Primo gets laid out but Epico comes from behind with the Backstabber for the win.
Winners: Epico and Primo
- Back from the break and Cody Rhodes is backstage with Josh Matthews. Cody talks about Booker T but is interrupted by Santino Marella. Santino has a Christmas present for Cody but he doesn't want it. It's the Christmas Cobra and Santino taunts Cody with it. We go to commercial.
Santino Marella vs. Cody Rhodes
Out first comes Santino Marella followed by the WWE Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes. Santino goofs off to start the match and Cody drops him. Cody takes him to the corner. Santino tries to come back but Cody gets the win with Cross Rhodes.
Winner: Cody Rhodes
- We get a video looking back at this year's Tribute to the Troops.
- Back from the break and The Bella Twins are arguing with John Laurinaitis between them. David Otunga is there and they aren't happy with the way Teddy Long talked to them at TLC. Laurinaitis says the Board has concerns about Teddy too and they're watching him. The Bellas kiss Laurinaitis and walk off. Vickie Guerrero comes in pissed off wanting a rematch for Dolph Ziggler. She gets kissed under mistletoe by Hornswoggle the elf.
- We get more hype from TLC and a video from TLC of Zack Ryder's dad commenting on his win.
- Josh Matthews is backstage with Big Show. Show talks about losing the World Heavyweight Title at TLC and gets emotional. Show says it's his fault - he encouraged Daniel Bryan on SmackDown to not wait until WrestleMania 28. Matthews points out Show has the shortest World Title reign in history. Show goes from about to cry to pissed off.
The Miz, Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio vs. CM Punk, Zack Ryder and Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and out first comes The Miz followed by Dolph Ziggler. Alberto Del Rio comes driving in but his entrance is interrupted by a new cryptic video before we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes WWE United States Champion Zack Ryder through the crowd. World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan is out next, also through the crowd. WWE Champion CM Punk is out next, coming through the crowd.
Punk and Miz start things off. Punk with a headlock and a shoulder for a quick pin attempt. Punk works on the arm and tags in Bryan for some double teaming. Bryan with a dropkick for a 2 count. Ziggler comes in but gets double teamed by Bryan and Ryder. Ziggler ends up on the floor. Del Rio runs in and misses a dropkick ending up on the floor. They dump Miz to the floor. Bryan, Ryder and Punk all come down taking out their opponents. The faces hit the ring to pose for the fans as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan is kicking Miz. Miz turns it around and drops Bryan for a 2 count. Del Rio comes in and they keep Bryan in the corner. Del Rio with a dropkick to the back of Bryan for a 2 count. Ziggler comes in and keeps Bryan down with a headlock. Bryan fights out but Ziggler clotheslines him for a 2 count. Miz comes in and keeps up the attack on Bryan. Miz with a kick to the head and another 2 count. Another tag to Del Rio. Bryan finally makes a comeback with uppercuts but gets whipped hard into the corner. Del Rio with a big kick to the head and Bryan goes down in the corner.
Del Rio connects with a backbreaker on Bryan for a 2 count. Ziggler comes in and beats Bryan down in the corner again. Ziggler charges and Bryan kicks him in the mouth. Ryder gets the tag and unloads on Ziggler. Ryder drops Ziggler in the corner and hits the Broski Boot. Ryder knocks Miz and Del Rio off the apron before a pin attempt on Ziggler. Ziggler turns it around and tags in Miz who keeps Ryder grounded. Miz holds Ryder from tagging and slams him back in the corner. Miz with shoulder thrusts on Ryder now. Del Rio tags back in but Ryder dumps him out to the floor. Ryder tags in Punk as Miz tags in. Punk with forearms and a swinging neckbreaker. Punk hits the high knee in the corner and the bulldog. Punk with a scoop slam before going up high and hitting the big elbow drop.
Punk covers for a 2 count and then applies the Anaconda Vice but Ziggler breaks it up. Ziggler stomps on Punk until Ryder pulls him out of the ring. Bryan dropkicks Del Rio from the top. Miz stomps on Bryan but Punk makes the save. Punk hits GTS on Miz and he rolls out of the ring. Del Rio comes from behind and knocks Punk out of the ring. Del Rio throws Bryan into the turnbuckles. Bryan counters Del Rio and applies the LaBell Lock. Del Rio taps out to end the match.
Winners: CM Punk, Zack Ryder and Daniel Bryan
- After the match, the champions go to ringside to pose for the fans as RAW goes off the air.