- Tonight's WWE RAW Pre-show kicks off with Byron Saxton, Booker T and Alex Riley at WWE studios in Stamford. They plug WWE Shop and we get a look at Brock Lesnar destroying John Cena at SummerSlam. Saxton also shows us a recap of Brock Lesnar getting the new WWE World Heavyweight Title belt and Paul Heyman's promo from last week. Booker continues to praise Lesnar. Saxton hypes tonight's Hall of Fame Forum with Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair that will kick off RAW. Riley asks what else Cena has to prove in WWE and says it's a pride issue. We go to Network commercials.
WWE Monday Night RAW Results 8/25/14
By Marc Middleton
Aug 25, 2014 - 9:48:25 PM
- We come back and the panel talks about Dean Ambrose taking the Curb Stomp on cinder blacks and then disappearing after refusing medical treatment. Seth Rollins has a eulogy for Ambrose on RAW tonight. We get a video on The Bella Twins now. Saxton says both Brie and Nikki will be on RAW tonight to attempt a family reconciliation. We go to more Network commercials. Saxton announces Stardust and Goldust vs. The Usos for the WWE Tag Team Titles tonight. We go to the arena and Renee Young is with The Usos. They're confident going into the match because they're Uso-crazy. Riley predicts a title change tonight. We get more hype from the panel and that's it for the pre-show.
- Tonight's WWE RAW from Anaheim kicks off with Michael Cole in the ring. JBL and Jerry Lawler are on commentary. The ring is set up with a red mat and the same table that the announcers use. Cole introduces Hulk Hogan first to a pop. Ric Flair is out next to another pop. Shawn Michaels is out next to the biggest pop of the three. The Hall of Famers take a seat behind the table. Cole talks about John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar at Night of Champions. He asks HBK about Cena's chances of taking the title back. HBK says it's not happening.
HBK says Cena might be at a crossroads. Hogan says you know when it's your time and Cena's time isn't up, he can still go. Flair agrees with HBK. Flair says he and all three of them think the world of Cena. Flair praises Cena but says he doesn't want Cena up against Lesnar at Night of Champions. Cole asks for predictions. Hogan says "hustle, loyalty, respect" isn't just a marketing ploy, it's real. Hogan is going with Cena. HBK says it's not a personality contest. He says everyone likes Cena but he still doesn't have a chance. HBK gets some boos. HBK cuts off Hogan and apologizes but says nobody takes a beating like Cena did and comes out the same man. Hogan acknowledges the interruption. He says this is the rubber match and somehow, Cena will find a way to get his hand raised. Flair and HBK say Hogan doesn't really believe that. They go on about it and Cena's music hits to a pop.
Cena gets some boos as he takes the mic. Cena addresses the panel respectfully. He says he's tired of hearing what he should do. He's here to tell us what's going on with himself. He brings up the 16 German suplexes at SummerSlam and says he can't dance around the fact that SummerSlam was a 100% beatdown. He calls it an ass whooping. Cena says HBK was right, a beatdown like that does change a man. Cena says when he came to, he wanted to fight Lesnar again. Cena says he is going to bring the fight to Night of Champions. He thanks Hogan for his support and knows Flair and HBK have their doubts. Cena says this is the biggest rematch of his career. He says he's not going to Night of Champions to beat Brock Lesnar, he's going to Night of Champions to beat Brock Lesnar's ass. Cena's music hits and he makes his way to the back without stopping as the Hall of Famers look on.
- Still to come, Cena vs. Bray Wyatt. Also, Goldust and Stardust vs. The Usos for the WWE Tag Team Titles. Up next, Rusev vs. Jack Swagger We go to commercial.
Rusev vs. Jack Swagger
Back from the break and Lana is in the ring with Rusev, who is waiving the Russian flag. Jack Swagger is out next without Zeb Colter again. The bell rings and they go at it.
Swagger comes back and sends Rusev to the floor. Swagger fights back in and takes Rusev down, going for the Patriot Lock. Rusev makes it to the bottom rope and the hold is broken. Rusev regroups while the referee counts. Rusev comes back in but Swagger slams him. Rusev scrambles back to the floor and fans boo. Swagger follows and slams his face in the announce table and the apron. They bring it back in with Swagger in control. Rusev manages to drop Swagger's ribs over the top rope. Rusev splashes Swagger and sends him out to the floor. Lana looks on and smiles as we go to commercial.
We come back and fans chant "we the people" as Swagger fights out of a hold. Swagger fights but Rusev drops him with a spinning heel kick. Fans boo Rusev. Swagger nails a belly to belly suplex. Swagger keeps control and points at Old Glory. He goes for the Swagger Bomb but Rusev puts his leg up. Swagger catches it and gets the Patriot Lock applied. Rusev manages to get to the bottom rope and break the hold. He rolls back out to the floor and is hurt. Rusev sends Swagger into the apron twice. They come back in and Swagger is out. Rusev stomps and goes for The Accolade but Swagger goes for the Patriot Lock. Rusev rolls through and Swagger gets a2 count. Rusev nails a big shot to the ribs. Rusev keeps control and beats Swagger up some more. Fans chant for Swagger but Rusev keeps beating on the ribs. Rusev laughs and poses to some heat. Rusev continues beating Swagger up until the referee stops the match.
- After the match, a trainer comes in to check on Swagger. Lana and Rusev pose as the Russian flag drops down over the ring. JBL says it makes him sick.
- Still to come, a Family Reconciliation with Jerry Lawler and The Bella Twins. Also, Cesaro vs. Rob Van Dam to determine in a #1 contender to Sheamus. We go to commercial.
#1 Contender's Match: Cesaro vs. Rob Van Dam
We come back and Cesaro is in the ring as WWE United States Champion Sheamus is on commentary. Rob Van Dam is out next to a big pop.
The bell rings up and they go back and forth. Cesaro waves at Sheamus. RVD drops Cesaro with a kick and hits Rolling Thunder for a 2 count. Cesaro catches a kick and turns it around with knees to the ribs. Cesaro with shots in the corner now. Cesaro stomps on the back of RVD's neck and taunts Sheamus some more. Cesaro keeps RVD grounded now. RVD comes back and hits a thrust kick. RVD goes to the top but Cesaro rolls out of the ring for a breather. Cesaro drops RVD over the top rope and comes back in with a Neutralizer for the win.
Winner and New #1 Contender: Cesaro
- After the match, Cesaro rolls to the floor and grabs the US Title. Sheamus stands up and wants it back. Cesaro throws it in his face and taunts him. Sheamus backs Cesaro up the ramp but a referee is in between them.
- We see Paige skipping backstage before going back to commercial.
Natalya vs. Paige
Back from the break and out comes Natalya. WWE Divas Champion Paige is out next. She skips around the ring and kisses her title before we get the bell.
They go to lock up and Natalya tries for an early pin attempt. Paige fires back with a huge forearm and laughs as Natalya goes down. Paige with more offense and an abdominal stretch. Natalya turns it around and applies a hold of her own. Paige slams Natalya and kicks her in the face. Natalya comes back and hits a German suplex. Natalya goes for the Sharpshooter but Paige makes it to the apron to break the hold. Paige goes for the PTO now. Natalya goes for a roll up and then a Sharpshooter again. Paige nails the Paige Turner for the win.
- After the match, Paige goes to skip up the ramp but AJ Lee's music hits and out she comes. Paige goes back in the ring. She turns around to a big clothesline from Natalya on her way out. AJ comes in the ring to help Paige up. AJ calls Paige her little English muffin. AJ says she knows Paige was being sincere when she said she loved her but not as sincere as AJ is being now. AJ drops the mic and gives Paige a big hug. Paige is clearly uncomfortable. AJ offers her hand. AJ grabs Paige's hand and kisses it. Paige looks freaked out as AJ skips a circle around her in the middle of the ring before leaving.
- Still to come, Cena vs. Wyatt. Still to come, Seth Rollins' eulogy of Dean Ambrose. We go to commercial.
- We come back and Corporate Kane makes his way to the ring. A large photo is set up of Dean Ambrose in the ring. The mat is blacked out and there's a podium. Kane briefly talks about Ambrose before introducing Seth Rollins in a black suit.
Rollins acts serious and takes the podium. He says as the leader, he hand-picked Ambrose to be in The Shield because pain and fear was never a factor for Ambrose. But last week, Rollins says he had to prove that The Authority always wins. With a heavy heart, Rollins shows us what happened last week. He reminds the WWE Universe that they chose this match as a demise for Ambrose. We get a replay of the cinder block Curb Stomp from last week.
Rollins laughs as he looks at the photo of Ambrose. Rollins wonders what was going through Ambrose's mind and if he knew he was outmatched physically and mentally. Rollins goes on and wonders what if Ambrose would have just walked away. Rollins says he's the one who created The Shield and the one who destroyed it. Roman Reigns' music hits and he comes through the crowd to a big pop. Reigns takes out Kane and sends him into the steel steps. He goes at it with Rollins in the ring and unloads. Reigns readies for a spear but Kane pulls Rollins to safety. Rollins and Kane stumble up the ramp as Reigns looks on from the ring.
- We get a look back at the Hall of Fame Forum from earlier.
- Still to come, Cena vs. Wyatt. We see Stardust and Goldust backstage acting bizarre as usual. We go to commercial.
WWE Tag Team Title Match: Stardust and Goldust vs. The Usos
Back from the break and out come WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos. We get official ring introduction from Justin Roberts after Stardust and Goldust make their way out.
Jimmy Uso starts off with Stardust. They trade holds and go at it. Jey Uso tags in and Jimmy makes another tag. They keep Stardust on their side of the ring until he turns it around and beats Jimmy to the mat for a 2 count. Stardust sends Jimmy to the floor and Goldust leap off the apron to take him out. Stardust takes Jey out on the floor also. Stardust brings it back in the ring for a 2 count as we go to commercial.
More back and forth after the commercial. Goldust collides with Jimmy in the middle of the ring and they both go down. Stardust comes in with Jey and they go at it. Uso unloads and hits a dropkick. Uso with the Rikishi splash in the corner. Goldust come in, misses and eats a Samoan Drop. Uso runs the ropes and leaps out onto Stardust. Jey Uso sells a knee injury on the floor. He trades shots with Stardust but can't make it in before the count out. The Usos still retain their titles.
Winners by Count Out: Stardust and Goldust
- After the match, Stardust argues with the referee. Goldust takes the mic and accuses The Usos of getting counted out on purpose. They argue. Goldust wants his rematch right now. Uso points at his knee. Stardust and Goldust attack The Usos and beat them down. They toss Jimmy to the floor and double team Jey. Stardust slams Jey's injured knee into the ring post and they continue the assault.
- Still to come, The Bella Twins. Up next, a pre-recorded interview with Brock Lesnar. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Seth Rollins is backstage with Kane. Rollins is upset and wants something done about Roman Reigns. Kane announces himself and Rollins vs. Reigns tonight. Kane says just like with Dean Ambrose, their business with Reigns ends tonight.
- We get more stills from Lesnar vs. Cena at SummerSlam. We also get a pre-recorded video with Lesnar and Paul Heyman. Lesnar says he hit Cena with an F5 early in the match and gave him a chance to stay down. Lesnar says the "never give up bullshit" kicked in but didn't do Cena any favors. Lesnar says in his mind, he was inflicting the right amount of pain on Cena. Heyman says Cena survived only because Lesnar took pity on Cena and decided to end it. Heyman says the rematch was a big mistake. Lesnar mocks Cena as a kid and his dad. Lesnar says Night of Champions will be Cena's last night in this Universe. Lesnar says it's game over for Cena and almost brings a tear to his eye.
Dolph Ziggler vs. Damien Sandow
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler. We go to commercial.
We come back and The Miz says one of the perks of being a Hollywood star is having a stunt double. He introduces Damien Mizdow and out comes Damien Sandow in one of The Miz's track suits. Ziggler starts the match with a dropkick as Miz joins commentary. Back and forth with Sandow taking control of the match. Sandow misses a knee drop.
Ziggler comes back but Sandow goes for the Figure Four and gets it locked in. Sandow uses the bottom rope for leverage and the hold is broken. Ziggler nails the Zig Zag out of nowhere for the win.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
- After the match, Miz says Sandow is fired. Miz stands up and claps for Ziggler.
- Still to come, The Bella Twins and Jerry Lawler. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Jerry Lawler is in the ring. He shows us what happened with Nikki Bella and Brie Bella on last week's show. Lawler says no one likes to see a family apart so hopefully tonight is the first step in getting The Bella Twins back together. Lawler introduces Nikki Bella.
Nikki takes a seat in her chair and moves it farther away from the other chair. Lawler introduces Brie Bella next. Nikki tells Brie to get her own music. Brie says she can have it. Brie says the person she trusted the most stabbed her in the back. Brie talks about how close they have been. She knows Nikki's feelings are hurt, she knows Nikki feels abandoned. Brie says she quit for her husband Daniel Bryan and didn't know Nikki would be abused by Stephanie McMahon. Brie apologizes. Brie says forget all this, forget WWE, forget Total Divas. Nikki insults the fans and isn't falling for Brie's talk. She says she knows the real Brie. Nikki wants Brie to admit she never cared about her. Nikki tells Brie to stop acting like such an angel. Nikki says Brie holds her back. Nikki says she's done with Brie, done with all this, done with the fat & ugly guys in the crowd who have a twin fantasy. Nikki is done with Brie's scraggly hair, her love for the Earth, her rat faced husband and all that. Nikki says Brie stole all her boyfriends when they were young and always got in trouble but blamed Nikki. Brie says she's lying. Nikki says she's not lying about Brie abandoning her. Brie starts crying and Nikki says that's the real Brie Mode. Lawler says that's enough. Nikki screams at Lawler and calls him an old man, telling him to get out of the ring. Nikki says as far as she's concerned, she has no sister. Nikki grabs Brie by her hair and says she wishes Brie died in the womb. Nikki throws Brie to the mat and starts beating on her. Lawler pulls Nikki off Brie but Nikki slaps her. Nikki attacks Brie again and hits her with a shoe. Referees and Lawler pull Nikki away again. She yells that Brie is dead to her. Lawler consoles Brie as she cries. Nikki is gone.
- We get a look back at the Hall of Fame Forum from earlier. Still to come, Cena vs. Wyatt. Also, Reigns vs. Kane and Rollins. Back to commercial.
Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins and Kane
Back from the break and Roman Reigns is making his entrance. Kane and Seth Rollins are out next for a handicap match.
Reigns starts off and immediately clotheslines Kane over the top. He pulls Rollins in and goes to work on him next. Reigns unloads in the corner but Rollins tries to get away. Reigns with shoulders in the other corner until Kane makes the save. They double team Reigns until he makes another comeback and sends Rollins out. Reigns unloads on Kane next. Rollins comes from behind but Reigns sends him into the barrier and then the apron. Reigns back drops Rollins onto the apron next. Reigns runs and hits the big apron kick on Kane next. Reigns comes back in for a Superman punch but Kane blocks it and goes for a chokeslam. Reigns counters that and hits a spear for the pin but Rollins nails him with a briefcase for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Roman Reigns
- After the bell, Rollins hits Reigns with the briefcase again and unloads on him. Rollins tosses Reigns out to the floor and tells Kane they have to finish this. Rollins tosses Reigns into the barrier and they work him over. Kane reveals another stack of cinder blocks beside the announce table. Rollins goes for the Curb Stomp but Reigns fights free from Kane. Reigns with a big right hand on Rollins. Kane gets hit also. Rollins takes a Superman punch. Reigns throws Kane into the ring post and back into the timekeeper area. Reigns grabs one of the cinder blocks and stalks Rollins with it. Reigns throws it at Rollins' face but Rollins ducks and it breaks against the ring post. It sounds like a piece hit Lawler. Reigns nails the Superman punch on Kane and his music hits. Rollins talks trash from the stage and says he made Reigns.
- We get more hype from the announcers and a $9.99 plug before The Wyatt Family interrupts on the big screen. Wyatt talks about John Cena and compares him to a wounded animal stumbling through the woods. Wyatt says he's a man of mercy and must put Cena down. Wyatt tells Cena it's so much nicer on the other side. Wyatt tells him to run and we go to commercial.
Los Matadores vs. Heath Slater and Titus O'Neil
Back from the break and Los Matadores is out with El Torito. Slater Gator is also out. Los Matadores end up getting the win and Slater Gator argues after the match.
Winners: Los Matadores
- We get another look at the Hall of Fame Forum from earlier. Still to come, Cena vs. Wyatt. Back to commercial.
Kofi Kingston vs. Bo Dallas
Back from the break and Kofi Kingston is out. Bo Dallas is out next as Kofi looks on disgusted.
Kofi unloads on Bo. Bo misses a clothesline and Kofi gets a 2 count. Kofi with a big shot in the corner but Bo runs right into him with a big knee. Bo beats Kofi down. Kofi jumps off the second rope and hits a big dropkick. Kofi mounts Bo in the corner with right hands now. Bo ends up tripping Kofi off the top and hitting the running Bo-dog for the win.
Winner: Bo Dallas
- Bo takes the mic after the match. He says Kofi isn't like Jack Swagger, Swagger let his entire country down but Kofi only let himself down. Bo says they both just need to learn how to Bo-lieve. Swagger comes from behind and lays Bo out to a mixed reaction. Swagger's music hits as he makes his exit.
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
Back from the break and out comes John Cena. Bray Wyatt is also out. Cena starts the match with a huge clothesline. Cena yells at Wyatt to stay down. Cena charges him and hits a German suplex.
Wyatt looks shocked. Cena hits another German as Luke Harper and Bray Wyatt look on. Cena continues dominating Wyatt. Rowan and Harper rush the ring to cause the DQ.
Winner by DQ: John Cena
- After the match, Big Show and Mark Henry run down to make the save for Cena and we have a big brawl. We go to commercial.
The Wyatt Family vs. Big Show, Mark Henry and John Cena
Back from the break and we have a six-man match. Show slams Rowan and drops a big elbow. Show takes Rowan to the corner and works him over. Show with a big chop to the chest.
Henry tags in and Show whips him into Rowan in the corner. Henry with body shots in the corner now. Henry runs into a big boot and Rowan turns it around. Bray tags in and works over Henry. Wyatt with a headbutt and a bunch of right hands to the head. Harper comes in and takes over on Henry. Harper with knees to the face. Rowan tags back in and bodyslams Henry. Harper comes back in and nails Henry in the corner. Harper runs into a boot. Show tags back in and runs over Harper. Show with a big back splash in the corner. Harper with a big dropkick out of nowhere. Rowan tags back in and hits a big boot on Show.
Wyatt comes back in to keep up the attack on Show. Wyatt with the senton and a 2 count. Another tag to Rowan. Wyatt holds Show while Rowan drops a knee. Fans chant for Cena now. Harper comes back in for more double teaming and a 2 count on show. Cena finally gets the tag and unloads on Harper. Cena applies the STF for the win.
Winners: John Cena, Mark Henry and Big Show
- As soon as the bell hits, Rowan runs in and Cena hits an Attitude Adjustment on him. Show and Henry bring Wyatt back to the ring and throw him in. Cena hits him with an AA also. Cena hits another AA on Harper as Show and Henry cheer him on. Cena's music hits and he goes to the turnbuckles as we get replays. Cena goes to ringside and hugs a few fans. Cena goes back in the ring and RAW goes off the air with Cena celebrating as we see The Wyatt Family leaving.
Backstage News from RAW, Randy Orton Rumor, Must See Lana Bikini Photos, WWE Nixes Potential Hot Angle, New AJ Lee & In-ring GIFs, More