- Tonight' WWE RAW Pre-show opens up from the Verizon Center in Washington, DC with Josh Mathews, Booker T, Alex Riley and Santino Marella. Announced for tonight is Stephanie McMahon addressing Vickie Guerrero and a rematch from SmackDown with John Cena, Roman Reigns and Sheamus vs. Bray Wyatt, Cesaro, Alberto Del Rio and Randy Orton. We get a promo video for Money In the Bank.
WWE Monday Night RAW Results 6/23/14
By Marc Middleton
Jun 23, 2014 - 10:12:41 PM
- We get more talk about the ladder match. Santino says Reigns is a favorite. Booker talks about Orton being a favorite to win. We see Adam Rose and Heath Slater going at it in the ring for Superstars. Riley picks Del Rio to win the ladder match. We get another video package on Seth Rollins' turn after more RAW hype. Renee Young catches up with Vickie Guerrero backstage for her comments on Stephanie. Vickie is nervous about Stephanie addressing her and says she needs to go. It's announced that Bad News Barrett will defend against Dolph Ziggler tonight. We see Michael Cole, JBL and Jerry Lawler making their way out. Booker predicts Barrett will retain. That's it for the pre-show.
- Tonight's WWE RAW kicks off with Stephanie McMahon making her way to the ring and she's looking like she feels better this week. There are ladders set up all throughout the entrance.
Stephanie brings up how Vickie Guerrero couldn't even get her a simple cup of coffee last week. Stephanie calls Vickie out to face the consequences and here she comes. Vickie says she knows who put the stuff in her coffee, Roman Reigns. Stephanie says allowing Reigns in the battle royal was her biggest failure. Fans pop for Reigns' name. Stephanie says Reigns having a chance at the title is all on Vickie. Vickie says it won't happen again. Stephanie says she's damn right it won't. Stephanie says Vickie has been riding the coattails of her late husband Eddie Guerrero for 9 years. Stephanie says they took pity on Vickie. They couldn't make her a Diva so they allowed her to be a General Manager but she couldn't even do that right, Stephanie says. Fans chant for Eddie. Stephanie says maybe Eddie deserves that respect but Vickie doesn't. Stephanie goes to say the words but Vickie begs for one more chance. Vickie says she will even beg and fans chant "no!" Stephanie wants Vickie to beg. Vickie drops to her knees and pleads with Stephanie. Stephanie screams at her to beg, then tells her to get up because she's pathetic. Stephanie says Vickie is like some cockroach or some Twinkie because she can't get rid of her. Stephanie says if Vickie can win her match tonight, she can remain SmackDown General Manager. Vickie says she's not a competitor and Stephanie asks if that's a resignation. Vickie's opponent is... Stephanie. Fans chant "yes!" and Stephanie smiles. Stephanie says she doesn't have the guts. Vickie says there's one name that people respect more in this business than McMahon, Guerrero. She says Eddie taught her how to lie, cheat and steal. Vickie yells "excuse me" in Stephanie's face and storms out of the ring. Fans chant for Vickie and boo Stephanie some more.
- Cole tells us that Triple H will reveal the other Money In the Bank participants later tonight. Also, Bad News Barrett will defend against Dolph Ziggler. Plus, a 4 on 3 rematch from SmackDown. We go to commercial.
Jimmy Uso vs. Luke Harper
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos. The lights go out and an old version of "whole world in his hands" starts playing up, just music no lyrics. Erick Rowan and Luke Harper come out under a spotlight. Apparently this is their new theme.
Harper starts the match with a big dropkick. They trade uppercuts now. Harper gets the upperhand. Uso stuns Harper with a kick but Harper runs over him. Jimmy comes back with a superkick to the jaw for a 2 count. Rowan distracts Uso but Jey Uso makes the save at ringside. Harper runs over Uso with a huge clothesline for the quick win.
Winner: Luke Harper
- After the match, Jey Uso takes the mic and tells Erick Rowan to bring his stinky ass back in the ring so he can kick it. Us runs the ropes and leaps out onto both Harper and Rowan. We go to commercial.
Erick Rowan vs. Jey Uso
Back from the break and Rowan catches a crossbody and hits a big fall-away slam. Rowan with a 2 count.
Rowan keeps control and drops Uso over the top rope for another 2 count. Rowan beats Uso down in the corner some more now. Rowan charges and misses, hitting the ring post. Harper gets taken out by the other Uso on the floor. Jey nails the Superfly Splash on Rowan for the win.
Winner: Jey Uso
- After the match, Harper tries to pull Uso out of the ring but his brother makes the save. Rowan takes that Uso out and beats him down in the corner. They double team Jey and destroy him. Rowan throws Jimmy into the steel steps and then into a big Harper clothesline. Rowan and Harper go back in the ring to pose with the WWE Tag Team Titles. The Wyatt Family graphic flashes and Bray Wyatt appears on the big screen. He's proud of Rowan and Harper. Bray says his victory at Money In the Bank will bring forth a glorious new era. We go to commercial.
- We get a video of Lana and Rusev doing some sight-seeing earlier today in Washington, DC. Lana cuts a promo on the United States being weaker than Russia and how we only have one option. Rusev also spoke and threatened to crush us.
Alicia Fox vs. Naomi
WWE Divas Champion Paige is out next for commentary. Alicia Fox is out next followed by Cameron and Naomi. Cameron also gets on commentary.
Back and forth to start the match as Cameron and Paige argue on commentary. Naomi takes control and sends Alicia flying out of the ring. Naomi works Alicia over on the floor. Alicia counters and pulls her to the floor from the apron. Fox rolls her back in and nails a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Fox with a 2 count. Fox keeps control and nails a suplex for another 2 count. Fox dumps Naomi back out of the ring. The end finally comes when Naomi counters a move and drops Alicia for the win.
- After the match, Paige gets up on the apron and raises her title while shaking Naomi's hand.
- Sheamus is backstage preparing for the main event when Roman Reigns walks in. Sheamus hopes he's ready and Reigns is always ready. Sheamus says he's still skeptical about Reigns. Reigns says if he wanted to take Sheamus out, he would be unconscious right now. Sheamus says it's going to be fun tagging with Reigns tonight but magical when he becomes the new champion on Sunday. Reigns says he doesn't believe in magic, he believes in Roman Reigns and so should Sheamus. Reigns walks out and we go to commercial.
Titus O'Neil vs. Bo Dallas
Back from the break and Titus O'Neil waits in the ring as Bo Dallas makes his way out. Bo says Titus is going to prove to everyone that all you have to do is Bo-lieve.
Bo starts off with a dropkick but Titus comes back with big backbreakers. Titus unloads and beats Bo down in the corner. Titus misses in the corner and Bo nails the Bo-dog for the quick win.
Winner: Bo Dallas
- After the match, Bo takes a mic and gets in Titus' face, saying he's 9 and Bo. Titus slaps the mic out of the ring and Bo acts like it slipped out of his hands. Bo tells Titus to get back on that horse and don't stop Bo-lieving. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Triple H. He talks about how he does what's best for business. He starts talking about the Money In the Bank Ladder Match for a future title shot and says it gives the ability to write a Superstar's own future. He says these guys are in it because it's best for business. He announces Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Bad News Barrett and Rob Van Dam. He jokes at the idea of RVD winning the match and introduces who he thinks will win, Seth Rollins. Fans chant "you sold out" and Rollins says that was weeks ago. He tells the fans to move on. He says fans of Reigns and Ambrose should be thanking him because he's responsible for all their success. Rollins says he took The Shield as high as they could go and then dropped the dead weight. Rollins goes on until RVD interrupts on the stage.
RVD doesn't feel like Rollins or Triple H take him seriously. Rollins says he takes RVD seriously but would take him more serious if this was 2005. RVD says that's when Rollins was asking his mom to stay up late to watch RVD on Monday nights. RVD takes a shot at Triple H and fans chant his name. RVD wants a shot at Rollins right now. Triple H calls for a referee and we've got the match.
Rob Van Dam vs. Seth Rollins
Back and forth until RVD takes control early on. They end up on the floor and we take a commercial break.
Back from the break and Rollins nails some suplexes for a 2 count. More offense from Rollins. Rollins hits a big clothesline out of the corner and a 2 count. Rollins keeps RVD on the mat now. RVD makes a comeback with clotheslines and a thrust kick. Rollins blocks Rolling Thunder but RVD drops him with a kick. RVD nails Rolling Thunder. Rollins knocks RVD to the apron but RVD counters and nails a tornado DDT. RVD goes up but misses the Five Star Frogsplash. Rollins mounts RVD with right hands to the face. Rollins powerbombs RVD back into the corner and nails the curb stomps. RVD goes for the pin but Dean Ambrose runs in for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Seth Rollins
- After the bell, Ambrose keeps unloading on Rollins. They fight out of the ring and officials pull Ambrose away. Ambrose comes back for more, leaping over the announce table and tackling Rollins again. Rollins runs off to the stage and Ambrose taunts him from the ring. Fans pop as Ambrose takes the mic. He says if he's not put into the Money In the Bank match, he's still going to show up in Boston, bash Rollins' face, take the briefcase and screw up the pay-per-view. Ambrose says he's coming to Money In the Bank.
- Vickie Guerrero is backstage warming up. Still to come, Barrett vs. Ziggler and the handicap main event. We go to commercial.
- We come back and see what just happened. Triple H is backstage with Rollins. Rollins wants Ambrose put in the match so he can control him. Triple H says if this blows up in Rollins' face, it's on him. Ambrose is in the match.
WWE Intercontinental Title Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. Bad News Barrett
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Bad News Barrett. Barrett says Dolph Ziggler for a fluke win last week but he's got some bad news. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Dolph Ziggler. We get formal ring introductions from Justin Roberts. Barrett starts off and beats Ziggler down in the corner. Ziggler with a roll up for 2 out of nowhere. Ziggler nails a dropkick and another 2 count. Ziggler with right hands and a big kick to the face. Barrett comes right back with a big clothesline, sending Ziggler out to the floor. Barrett works Ziggler over on the floor and brings him back in for a 2 count. Barrett keeps Ziggler grounded now.
Ziggler comes back with a bunch of right hands. More back and forth. Barrett nails Winds of Change but Ziggler goes on and hits a Zig Zag out of nowhere. Barrett rolls to the floor and we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler drops a bunch of elbow drops for another 2 count. Barrett sends Ziggler to the floor. Barrett with big elbow drop off the apron. They come back in and Barrett keeps control. More back and forth. Ziggler with a face plant from the top for a close 2 count. More back and forth. Ziggler fights off a powerbomb but Barrett nails Wasteland for a close 2 count. Ziggler ducks a Bullhammer and nails the Fame-asser for a close 2 count. Barrett blocks a sleeper hold. Ziggler blocks a counter for a 2 count. Barrett knocks Ziggler out of mid-air with a big Bullhammer for the win.
Winner: Bad News Barrett
- Renee Young catches up with Vickie backstage as she's heading to the ring. Vickie knows she's not the most-liked person in the back but says she's the most humiliated person in WWE history. Vickie says she's taking her dignity back tonight. She says she has no regrets. Randy Orton walks up. He says Vickie is going to regret the decision she made last week when she let Roman Reigns in the battle royal. Orton says he would say it's been nice knowing her but that would be a lie. We go to commercial.
Vickie Guerrero vs. Stephanie McMahon
We go to the ring and out comes Vickie Guerrero to Eddie Guerrero's music. Stephanie McMahon is out next in the same dress she was in earlier. She says their match isn't in the ring it's in this... a large pool of waste and slop beside the stage. Stephanie says the first one to go in the pool is the loser. Stephanie calls out Layla, Rosa Mendes and Alicia Fox to get Vickie and they surround her in the ring.
Vickie escapes the ring and the Divas look on from the ring. Vickie gets cornered between Stephanie and the Divas. Stephanie mocks her as the Divas carry her over to the pool of waste. She fights out and shoves Rosa into the slop. Layla goes face first next. Fox grabs Vickie but Vickie turns it around and tosses her in. Vickie goes to celebrate but Stephanie shoves her into the waste from behind. Stephanie chants "yes!" and tells Vickie she's fired.
Winner: Stephanie McMahon
- Stephanie tries to get the fans to sing "goodbye" with her but they boo her. Vickie walks past Stephanie covered in slap and humiliated. Stephanie continues singing. Vickie turns around and she's upset. Vickie rubs the slop all over Stephanie and tosses her face first into the pool. Eddie's music hits as Vickie does the Eddie taunt on the stage and blows a kiss goodbye for the fans. A referee tries to help Stephanie out of the pool but gets pulled in also.
- Backstage segment with Stardust, Goldust and Byron Saxton. Stardust sings and blows stars everywhere. Goldust is impressed and says now he's the normal one.
Jack Swagger vs. Kofi Kingston
Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter wait in the ring as Kofi Kingston makes his way out.
Back and forth to start. Swagger nails a Swagger Bomb early on for a 2 count. More back and forth. Kofi tries for a few minutes to break out of a Patriot Lock but has to tap out.
Winner: Jack Swagger
- Paige vs. Naomi is announced for Money In the Bank.
- Renee is backstage when Alberto Del Rio interrupts her. He says he's going to become the new champion on Sunday. Cesaro and Paul Heyman appear and they have words with Del Rio.
Big E vs. Damien Sandow
Back from the break and Damien Sandow is int he ring dressed as Abraham Lincoln. He cuts a promo and Big E is out next. Sandow will be wrestling in his Abe attire.
Sandow actually gets some offense in but Big E runs over him coming out of the corner and nails the Big Ending for an easy win.
Winner: Big E
- After the match, Big E cuts a "preacher style" promo about Rusev until he's interrupted by Lana coming out on the stage. This leads to Rusev attacking from behind. Rusev beats Big E down and applies The Accolade. Fans chant USA and Rusev finally breaks the hold. Fans boo as Rusev poses and Lana looks on from the stage.
- Back from the break and Renee Young interviews John Cena backstage. RAW is experiencing some major sound issues at this point.
John Cena, Sheamus and Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt, Cesaro, Alberto Del Rio and Randy Orton
We go to the ring and out first comes John Cena. WWE United States Champion Sheamus is out next. Roman Reigns makes his way through the crowd next to a big pop. The Wyatt Family graphic hits next and out comes Bray Wyatt. Cesaro is out next followed by Alberto Del Rio and Randy Orton. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Cena and Orton start the match going at it. Cena and Del Rio also go at it but Del Rio tags Cesaro in. Cesaro locks up with Cena as Heyman looks on from ringside. Cesaro with a backbreaker out of mid-air for a pin attempt. Wyatt tags in and beats Cena down in the corner. Wyatt keeps control and hits the big back splash on Cena as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Del Rio has control of Cena. Cesaro tags himself in and they have words. Cesaro keeps Cena down. Cesaro goes for the Cesaro Swing but locks in a Boston Crab instead. Cena tries to turn it into a STF but Cesaro kicks him off. Cena blocks a Neutralizer with a big back body drop. Reigns finally comes in and unloads on his opponents. Reigns sends Orton into the announce table and runs around for the apron dropkick on Del Rio. Cesaro eats a Superman punch, as does Orton off the apron. Del Rio nails a Backstabber on Reigns for 2. Bray tags in and Del Rio doesn't like it. Bray unloads on Reigns and covers for 2.
Bray stomps away on Reigns. Cesaro tags himself in and hits the big gutwrench slam for a 2 count. Orton comes back in and keeps Reigns down. Orton with a suplex for another 2 count. Del Rio comes back in for more of the same on Reigns. Wyatt comes in but Reigns nails a big punch out of nowhere. Sheamus and Cesaro tag in. Sheamus unloads on Cesaro, throwing him into Del Rio on the apron. Sheamus with the forearms to the chest on Cesaro now. Cesaro slides out of the rolling senton. More back and forth. Sheamus with a big tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Orton drops Sheamus with a backbreaker. Cena blocks a RKO and nails the Attitude Adjustment on Orton. Del Rio kicks Cena. Cena blocks the cross armbreaker and hits an AA on Del Rio. Cesaro drops Cena with an uppercut. Sheamus drops Cesaro with a Brogue Kick for the win.
Winners: Sheamus, Roman Reigns and John Cena
- After the match, Kane's pyro hits and out he comes. He grabs Reigns at ringside and throws him into the barrier. Del Rio drops Sheamus. Kane comes in the ring and lays out Del Rio before chokeslamming Sheamus. Kane drops Cena and chokeslams Del Rio. Kane chokeslams Cena now. Triple H's music hits and out he comes. He joins Randy Orton on the stage. Triple H announces Kane as the 8th member of the match at Money In the Bank. Kane's music hits again but Reigns recovers and lays him out with a spear as RAW goes off the air.
Live WWE RAW Photos and Backstage News, New Plans Revealed for Ambrose, Must See New Sunny & Nikki & Lana, More