- Tonight's WWE RAW Pre-show kicks off with a graphic in memory of The Ultimate Warrior. We go to the panel - Josh Mathews, Booker T, Sgt. Slaughter and Alex Riley. They talk about Warrior. Slaughter talks about meeting with Warrior at WrestleMania XXX. Mathews says we will be celebrating Warrior's life tonight. We go to the pre-show opening video and come back to the panel. Mathews introduces everyone. Odd start there.
WWE Monday Night RAW Results 4/14/14
By Marc Middleton
Apr 14, 2014 - 10:49:18 PM
- We get a look at Daniel Bryan winning the WWE World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania XXX and then last week's RAW. The panel talks about Triple H and The Shield now. We see Big E defeat Titus O'Neil in the ring for a Superstars match. The panel talks about the Intercontinental Title tournament that kicks off tonight. First round matches will be tonight. The tournament is being held because Christian, the #1 contender, is out with an injury still. Paige will be on RAW tonight.
- John Cena will address The Wyatt Family on RAW tonight. We go to Network commercials. We get a look at Cena vs. Wyatt from WrestleMania XXX. They also show Bray Wyatt's promo from SmackDown. We see Los Matadores making their entrance for Superstars. Renee Young interviews Divas Champion Paige backstage about making history. We come back from more promos and the panel talks about the IC Title tournament. Renee interviews Big E backstage and he's not worried. More hype from the panel and that's it for the pre-show.
- Tonight's WWE RAW opens up with the entire roster on the stage in Ultimate Warrior gear. Jerry Lawler leads us to a video package on The Ultimate Warrior's career.
- We come back and get a 10 bell salute for Warrior. We see the entire roster, even Vince McMahon, out on the stage. Lawler invites us to celebrate the life of Ultimate Warrior as Warrior's theme plays and fans cheer. Triple H leads everyone in a big Warrior chant.
- We go to the announcers. The Usos vs. Batista and Randy Orton is announced for later. Also, will The Authority strike back at The Shield? We go to the ring to kick off the Intercontinental Title tournament but first go to commercial.
Intercontinental Tournament Match: Rob Van Dam vs. Alberto Del Rio
Back from the break and Del Rio is already in the ring. Out next comes Rob Van Dam to a big pop.
Del Rio strikes first and takes RVD to the corner. More back and forth. RVD with a crossbody. They come back in and RVD fires back but Del Rio drops him for a 2 count. Del Rio with more offense. Del Rio with a boot to the face while RVD is on the apron. Del Rio comes back in but gets backdropped over the top. We see Big E backstage watching. RVD with a moonsault off the apron but lands on his feet. Del Rio with a clothesline. Del Rio tosses RVD into the fan barrier. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and RVD is in control but gets kicked in the gut. Del Rio with a big DDT. RVD lands on the corner with a back kick. RVD drops Del Rio and goes for a split legged moonsault but lands on Del Rio's knees. Del Rio drops RVD with a Backstabber and covers for another pin attempt. Del Rio comes off the top but RVD catches him with a big heel kick. We see Big E backstage watching again. Del Rio crotches RVD on the top. Del Rio with a big kick to the head. RVD blocks the cross armbreaker. More back and forth. RVD gets the win and advances in the tournament.
Winner: Rob Van Dam
- We get a look at Kane, Triple H and Batista beating down Daniel Bryan last week, and Roman Reigns hitting the spear on Triple H. We see Randy Orton and Batista walking in on Triple H and Stephanie tonight. They all shake hands but we can't hear what's being said. The announcers talk about how we will be celebrating Warrior tonight. We see a clip from SummerSlam 1988 with Warrior taking on The Honky Tonk Man.
- Back from the break and The Authority is talking with Orton and Batista backstage. Triple H says they need to focus on The Shield now. He says they remind him a lot of Evolution. Triple H doesn't know if anyone can stop The Shield. Stephanie does and she's looking at them. Triple H says if they are on the same page, nobody including The Shield can stop them. Batista only wants to be champ. Orton is also thinking about his own career. They walk out.
Curtis Axel and Ryback vs. Goldust and Cody Rhodes
We go to the ring and Ryback waits in the ring with Curtis Axel as Cody and Goldust make their way out. Goldust and Axel start things out.
Tags from the Rhodes brothers as they keep control of Axel. Ryback tries to come in but Goldust kicks him in the head. Axel drops Goldust and stomps away. Ryback tags in for some double teaming on Goldust. Ryback with more offense and shoulder thrusts. Ryback with a tag and a splash off the ropes. Axel drops an elbow for a 2 count on Goldust. Cody finally gets the tag and unloads. Cody with the moonsault on Ryback. Cody leaps out onto the floor and takes down Ryback before rolling him back in. Cody springboards in with a missile dropkick and a 2 count on Ryback. Axel dumps Goldust to the floor. Cody nails a Disaster Kick on Axel. Ryback blocks a Disaster Kick with a Meathook clothesline for the win.
Winners: Ryback and Curtis Axel
- Back from the break and we get a Bo Dallas vignette.
Alicia Fox vs. Paige
Back from the break and Alicia Fox waits in the ring as new WWE Divas Champion Paige makes her way out for a non-title match.
They lock up and go to the corner. Alicia gets aggressive but Paige knocks her to the mat. Alicia with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Alicia with another backbreaker. Alicia drops Paige again and sends her out to the floor. Alicia pulls Paige back in and elbows her in the face a few times. Alicia with a suplex for a 2 count. Alicia with a headlock now. Alicia drops Paige again and taunts her fans. Alicia with an uppercut and forearm in the corner. Paige comes back with offense and nails a dropkick. Paige applies her Scorpion Crosslock for the win.
- We get a look at Batista and Randy Orton vs. The Usos last week. That rematch is up next. Back to commercial.
The Usos vs. Randy Orton and Batista
Back from the break and out comes WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos for a non-title match. Randy Orton is out next followed by Batista.
The bell rings and The Usos unload on Orton and Batista, sending them out to the floor. The Usos hit the suicide dives and take both men out. They come back in and get hype with the crowd. Orton comes back in and goes at it with one of the Usos now. Lots of back and forth. Batista comes in but Uso kicks out of a spinebuster at 2. Batista argues with the referee. Uso nails a Samoan Drop for 2. Orton takes Uso head first into the announce table. Out of nowhere, the Shield attacks Orton on the floor and lay him out. Roman Reigns tosses Orton into the barrier. The Shield surrounds Batista and he waits for a fight. Seth Rollins hits the ring and Batista nails him. Same for Dean Ambrose. Reigns hits a Superman punch, knocking Batista to the floor with Orton. The Shield's music hits to a pop as Orton and Batista scramble up the ramp.
- We get a look at Warrior vs. Hogan from WrestleMania 6 before going back to commercial.
- Batista and Orton walk up on The Authority backstage. Triple H shakes his head and says, "told ya." They talk off.
- We go to the stage and out comes Paul Heyman. He introduces himself as the advocate for the conqueror of The Streak, Brock Lesnar. Heyman brags about Lesnar ending The Streak. Lesnar has asked Heyman to show him some photographs from WrestleMania XXX. Heyman then introduces the King of Swing Cesaro and out he comes with no theme music.
Intercontinental Title Tournament Match: Cesaro vs. Mark Henry
We go to the ring and out comes Mark Henry for another tournament match. Henry argues with Heyman as the bell rings. They lock up and go to the corner. Cesaro powers off the second rope but Henry tosses him across the ring. Henry with a big clothesline. Henry tosses Cesaro over the top.
Cesaro comes back in as we see Big E watching backstage. Cesaro with uppercuts on Henry. Cesaro with huge forearm shots. Henry shoves him across the ring. Cesaro runs back with a big uppercut and hits more. Henry shoves him off again. Cesaro runs right back with another big uppercut and more forearms. Henry shoves him back again and hits a clothesline. Henry goes down to one knee and covers for a 2 count. Cesaro slides out of a World's Strongest Slam. Cesaro comes off the second rope with a big uppercut. Cesaro with a Neutralizer on Henry for the win.
- Cesaro advances in the tournament. Heyman announces him as the winner after the match. We see Big E backstage watching Cesaro celebrate. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Triple H orders Brad Maddox to tell The Shield that they will be in tonight's main event.
Alexander Rusev vs. Xavier Woods
We go to the stage and out comes Lana to introduce Alexander Rusev. She says it will be futile to resist. Lana praises Rusev and tells us to rise in appreciation as he makes his way out. We see Xavier Woods waiting in the ring.
Rusev strikes first with big knees. More offense and a big shot that sends Woods down. We see R-Truth watching from ringside. Rusev with a big side slam and The Accolade for the win.
Winner: Alexander Rusev
- After the match, Truth comes in to break the hold and hits Rusev but Rusev shoves him off across the ring. They go to fight but Lana stops them. Truth goes to check on Woods and Lana orders Rusev to attack Truth from the side. Lana and Rusev pose as fans boo.
- Up next, Sheamus vs. Dolph Ziggler. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see footage from the Warrior vs. Rick Rude cage match from SummerSlam 1990. The announcers hype the WWE Network.
Intercontinental Title Tournament Match: Sheamus vs. Jack Swagger
Jack Swagger is talking with Zeb Colter in the ring as Sheamus makes his way out.
They lock up and go at it. Sheamus ends up clotheslining Swagger over the top rope early. Swagger comes back in but Sheamus goes for the forearms on the apron. Zeb distracts the referee and Sheamus comes over. This leads to Swagger slamming Sheamus hard on the floor. We see Big E backstage watching. Swagger brings Sheamus back in for a 2 count. Sheamus fights out of a hold and hits a big belly to belly for a 2 count. Sheamus manages a big clothesline. Swagger misses a splash in the corner. Sheamus with clotheslines now. Sheamus with a shoulder thrust and a high knee. Sheamus with a running knee and a takedown. Sheamus kicks Swagger in the back and drops a knee for a 2 count.
Sheamus with the forearms to the chest from the apron now. Sheamus goes to the top with a battering ram and another 2 count. Swagger counters and catches Sheamus in a Patriot Lock. Sheamus ends up getting the win with a Brogue Kick and advances in the tournament.
- After the match, Sheamus is trying to leave but falls down and is either hurt or selling a leg injury.
- We get an Adam Rose vignette.
- Back from the break and we get a video of Stephanie McMahon and Triple H talking about Warrior. There's also an unseen clip of Warrior riding in a limousine, likely during WrestleMania week. This is a plug for the WWE Network special this week.
- We go to the ring and Damien Sandow has a microphone. He says he's the most deserving person in WWE. Big Show's music hits and interrupts. Sandow continues to yell about how he's not going to be silenced. Show enters the ring and Sandow says he's got something to get off his chest. Sandow cuts a promo about how deserving he is and Show is getting visibly annoyed. Sandow asks Show what he has to say about all of this. Sandow talks more about how deserving he is. Sandow pokes a finger at Show's chest and says Show knows he's telling the truth. Sandow says he's the future of WWE and a future champion. Show shuts him up with a knockout punch. Show's music hits and he exits the ring.
- The Wyatt Family appears on the big screen and says they're next. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and The Wyatt Family comes to the ring. Wyatt cuts a promo and says he's never lied to us but John Cena has. Wyatt says he's got Cena right where he wants him, right against the ropes. Wyatt tells Abigail he doesn't want to slay the Cena monster just yet, he just wants it to come out and play. Wyatt calls Cena out. Cena's music hits to a big pop.
Cena jokes that the last thing he needs is another push, nobody wants to see that. Cena asks why Wyatt is always so serious. Cena says Wyatt tried at WrestleMania XXX but the monster doesn't exist in him. Cena jokes about if he could only get the Wyatts to happy hour, they would be fun. Cena cracks on Bray's appearance. Cena says he found Sister Abigail Wyatt on MySpace and shows us a picture on the big screen. It's a somewhat female version of Bray. Cena continues with his jokes and found Bray's mom Bobby Jo Wyatt on Tinder. It's a somewhat female version of Luke Harper. Cena says the Wyatts had a baby born just one month ago and he got the photos from his friends at TMZ, Chastity Lynn Wyatt and it's a somewhat baby version of Erick Rowan. Wyatt says every time a serious threat gets in Cena's face, all he can do is make jokes. Cena asks if Wyatt wants serious. Cena gets serious and challenges Wyatt to a steel cage match at Extreme Rules. Wyatt says he likes that. Bray cuts a promo and gets some of the crowd to sing "he's got the whole world..." with him.
- Still to come, The Shield vs. three mystery opponents in the main event.
Emma and Santino Marella vs. Layla and Fandango
Back from the break and Emma waits in the ring with Santino Marella as Layla and Fandango make their way out. We get a side video from earlier where Fandango says his relationship with Summer Rae was strictly professional. Fandango and Santino start things off.
Santino goes for the Cobra early on but Fandango tags Layla. Emma comes on and hits a Thesz Press and slams Layla's head into the mat. Layla charges but misses in the corner. Emma with the Dil-Emma submission on the ropes. Santino knocks Fandango off the apron. Layla pulls a distracted Emma off the top for the pin out of nowhere.
Winners: Layla and Fandango
- Stephanie is backstage talking to Kane. She's not happy with his performance lately. He tries apologizing but she doesn't want to hear it. Stephanie screams at Kane to shut up. She says he used to be a monster and asks what happened. She gets him fired up. He tosses his chair and gets in her face, fuming. The Kane mask is sitting in the glass case it usually is in. Kane stares at it and grabs it. He tells Stephanie he's going to eviscerate Daniel Bryan and send him to the depths of hell. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get another Bo Dallas vignette.
- We see Warrior's speech from last week's RAW, just one day before he passed away.
- Still to come, The Shield will be in the main event. Also, Ziggler vs. Barrett in a tournament match.
Intercontinental Title Tournament Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. Bad News Barrett
We go to the ring and out comes Dolph Ziggler. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we get another Adam Rose vignette. Dolph Ziggler waits in the ring as Bad News Barrett comes out. Back and forth early on. Barrett drops knees but misses one. Barrett with a big whip across the ring and a 2 count. More back and forth. Ziggler ducks clotheslines and nails a dropkick. Ziggler clotheslines them both over the top rope. They trade shots on the floor and Barrett sends Ziggler head first into the ring post. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett has Ziggler down on the mat. Ziggler sends him into the ring posts. More back and forth. Barrett nails Wasteland but Ziggler kicks out right before the 3 count. Ziggler blocks a pumphandle slam and hits the Fame-asser for a 2 count. Ziggler misses head first in the corner. Barrett goes to the second rope but Ziggler sits him down. Ziggler climbs up for a superplex but Barrett sends him to the mat. Ziggler runs back up and plants Barrett face first in the mat. Barrett ends up hitting Winds of Change but Ziggler kicks out at 2. Ziggler ducks the Bullhammer and rolls Barrett up for 2. Barrett blocks a DDT and nails the Bullhammer for the win and to advance in the tournament.
Winner: Bad News Barrett
- After the match, Barrett has some bad news for us. Barrett says he is our next Intercontinental Champion and throws the mic.
- Daniel Bryan isn't here tonight because he's on his honeymoon. We get a promo video for evil Kane coming back.
- Still to come, The Shield in the main event. Back to commercial.
The Shield vs. Alberto Del Rio, Fandango, Jack Swagger, Jinder Mahal, Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, Titus O'Neil, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Alexander Rusev and Bad News Barrett
Back from the break and out comes The Shield. Their opponents start coming out and it's way more than 3. They try to hit the ring but The Shield stops them. Heath Slater starts for his team but gets dominated by The Shield.
Rollins gets dominated by Rusev. Rusev drops big elbow drops and tags in Swagger. Ryback comes in to keep up the attack but Reigns spears him on the floor. A huge brawl breaks out on the floor and the referee calls for the bell. Rollins leaps out and takes them all out. The Shield go back in the ring and stand tall. The group attacks them again and another big brawl breaks out. The heel continue to beat down The Shield. The Evolution music hits and out comes Triple H, Batista and Randy Orton.
Evolution walks to the ring and the rest of the heels leave the ring. Evolution hits the ring as The Shield tries to get to their feet. They beat down Rollins first. Reigns makes the save but Orton drops him with a RKO. Batista hits a Batista Bomb on Reigns. Rollins gets back up but Orton holds him while Triple H wails away. Batista stomps on Ambrose. More punishment for Rollins. Orton hits Rollins with a RKO. Fans start to chant "yes!" as Ambrose gets beat down in the corner. Batista with another Batista Bomb on Reigns and a Batista Bomb into a RKO for Ambrose. They taunt Reigns and yell at him to get up. Orton and Batista hold Reigns while Triple H tells him to believe in Evolution. HHH nails a Pedigree on Reigns. The Evolution music hits again as they raise each others arms. RAW goes off the air with Triple H taunting Rollins and yelling to the crowd before Evolution poses on the ropes.
- The RAW Backstage Pass post-show opens up with a look at The Shield trying to recover as Evolution makes their exit. Evolution hits the stage and poses together, mocking The Shield. The panel talks about what just happened. We go back to the ring and see officials helping The Shield away from ringside. They're all limping but not wanting help. More discussion from the panel as we get another replay of how the main event ended. We go to Network promos.
- We come back and Big E is out on the panel. Big E was impressed with Rob Van Dam's win but doesn't take anything away from Del Rio. Big E believes Cesaro is a rising star but says Sheamus and Barrett are also top competitors. Big E says he will leave Extreme Rules with the title. Big E says Barrett is the one he would like to face but picks Cesaro to win the tournament. We get hype for tomorrow's Main Event and that's it for the post-show.
Must See WWE RAW Photos & Backstage News, Must See Layla GIF, Daniel Bryan Rumor, More