Posted in: Raw WWE Monday Night RAW Results 11/29/10
By Marc Middleton
Nov 29, 2010 - 7:33:22 PM
- Tonight's WWE RAW opens up with clips from last week's show and the main event where The Miz eventually cashed in Money in the Bank to become the new WWE Champion. We go to the usual RAW opening video.
- And we're live from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as the pyro goes off and we're welcomed to RAW by Michael Cole. Cole says the era of awesome begins tonight and plugs King of the Ring. We see the king's throne and garb on the stage.
- Alex Riley interrupts and comes out in a suit. Riley talks about Miz being WWE Champion. Riley says nobody will ever forget how they felt the night Miz cashed in his Money in the Bank contract and become WWE Champion. Riley says there's nothing else to do but party. CM Punk throws another jab at Riley's DUI arrest, saying he doesn't need anymore partying. Riley says if you read the internet or listen to Punk's awful commentary, you know Alex Riley isn't afraid of a party. Punk takes another shot on commentary at Riley's arrest. Riley says he's running over RAW tonight and it's going to be awesome.
King of the Ring Tournament Match: Alberto Del Rio vs. Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring where Ricardo Rodriguez begins introducing Alberto Del Rio. A Rolls Royce pulls into the arena and out steps the SmackDown star. Out next comes the WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan.
The bell rings and they lock up. Del Rio takes it to the corner and hits a cheap shot. Del Rio begins the attack now, taking Bryan to the other corner and beating him down. They take it to the mat now and get a near-fall. Del Rio knocks Bryan down with a shoulder and mocks him. Bryan leap frogs and dropkicks Del Rio. Bryan with a 2 count. Del Rio hits a spinebuster but Bryan goes for the LaBell Lock. Del Rio gets to the ropes and flees to the floor as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Del Rio has Bryan on the mat in a headlock. During the break, Del Rio hit a big kick to the head on Bryan to regain control. Del Rio continues the assault now and gets a 2 count. Del Rio with stomps and another 2 count. Del Rio with another headlock now. Bryan fights out but Del Rio beats him back down and slams him. Del Rio goes for a splash off the second rope but Bryan moves out of the way. Bryan hits a roll-up for 2. Bryan with another roll-up for 2.
Lots of back and forth action. Bryan hits a suplex and bridges it for a 2 count. Del Rio kicks Bryan in the face but Bryan responds with a big kick and knocks Del Rio down. Bryan dropkicks Del Rio back into the corner and gets a 2 count. Del Rio ends up on his knees and Bryan unloads with kicks to the chest. Del Rio catches Bryan with a big back suplex and holds it for a 2 count. Del Rio goes for a splash on the ropes but Bryan moves, Del Rio goes through the ropes and lands on the floor. Bryan dives through the ropes and lands hard on the fan barrier. Bryan screams and holds his shoulder. They go back in the ring and Bryan misses a move off the top. Del Rio takes advantage and locks on the armbar for the submission and the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- We see the updated King of the Ring brackets. Del Rio will face the winner of Cody Rhodes vs. John Morrison. Cole leads us into a video package showing previous winners of King of the Ring including Edge in 2001, Steve Austin in 1996, Triple H in 1997, Bret Hart in 1991 & 1993 and Brock Lesnar in 2002. We go to commercial.
- Back from commercial and out comes R-Truth to the ring, using his "What's up?" theme song. Truth talks about John Cena being forced to quit WWE last week. Truth says he tried to help Cena. Truth says Cena paid the piper too many times and it cost him his job, what he loves, the fans. Truth says Nexus may have won the battle but the war hasn't even started yet. Truth challenges any member of Nexus to come face him. We see Josh Matthews at Nexus' door backstage. Wade Barrett and Michael McGillicutty appear. McGillicutty says he's going to show Truth what happens when you challenge Nexus and heads to the ring. All of a sudden the camera hits the ground and so does Michael McGillicutty. We see McGillicutty getting beat up and the camera shows the man's shoes and shorts, which looks like John Cena. We don't see the man's face or body but he puts his hand down in front of the camera and makes a "you can't see me" hand gesture as McGillicutty lays in pain. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and the announcers talk about what just happened backstage with the unknown man and McGillicutty.
King of the Ring Tournament Match: Cody Rhodes vs. John Morrison
We go to the ring and out comes Cody Rhodes for the next King of the Ring match. Out next comes John Morrison to a nice pop from the crowd. The bell rings and they lock up. Morrison takes control first but Cody comes right back and takes it to the corner. Cody misses a charge in the corner and runs into the turnbuckle pad. Cody gets frustrated and throws a fit, going to the floor. Morrison brings him back in and hits a clothesline.
Cody fights Morrison back into the corner and goes to work. 2 count by Cody. Cody with a knee to the gut and a leg sweep for another 2 count on Morrison. Cody with a submission now. Morrison fights out with a series of right hands and kicks. Morrison beats Cody down in the corner and hits two clotheslines. Morrison with a big heel kick and a 2 count. Cody counters and rolls up for a 2 count. Cody and Morrison both bounce off the second rope but Morrison hits his kick. Morrison with a knee to the head for the pin and the win.
Winner: John Morrison
- We see the updated KOTR brackets and it will be John Morrison taking on Alberto Del Rio in the semi-finals. Lawler and Cole plug tonight's guest host, Miss USA Rima Fakih. She will be crowning the King of the Ring later tonight. Cole hypes The Miz's return to RAW as WWE Champion as we go back to commercial.
King of the Ring Tournament Match: Drew McIntyre vs. Ezekiel Jackson
We go to the ring for the next King of the Ring first round match and out comes SmackDown's Drew McIntyre. Out next comes his opponent, Ezekiel Jackson. The bell rings and they lock up. Zeke overpowers and takes Drew to the corner. Zeke eases off and they lock up again. Drew dodges and runs his mouth. Zeke unloads and starts knocking Drew down. Zeke hits the big running clothesline in the corner and follows up with a splash in the corner. Zeke covers for 2.
Drew takes control now after a shot into the ring post. Drew with a 2 count. Drew unloads on Jackson in the corner now. Drew wastes time and Zeke recovers. Zeke tackles Drew and they both go out to the floor. Zeke and Drew start fighting towards the ramp as the referee counts. They go back and forth on the floor and both get counted out.
Winner: Double Countout
- After the match, Zeke brings McIntyre back into the ring and beats him up, throwing him back out to the floor. Cole announces that the winner of Kofi Kingston vs. Sheamus will automatically go to the finals because of the double countout.
- We go backstage where Daniel Bryan is icing his shoulder down. Brie Bella walks up and they start flirting. Nikki Bella comes up next and vies for his attention. Alex Riley walks up and asks them why they're flirting with a nerd. Riley talks to The Miz on his Bluetooth. Riley tells the Bellas they aren't needed now. Riley tells Bryan he missed out by not having Miz guide him on NXT. Riley welcomes them to Mizfest 2010 and walks off. The Bellas and Bryan mock Riley as we go to commercial.
- Back from commercial and we get a video package with highlights of how The Miz won the WWE Title from Randy Orton on last week's show. Lawler mentions that Orton won't be on RAW tonight to recover from the injury suffered last week.
- WE go to the stage and out comes the WWE Champion The Miz, with Alex Riley right behind him. Michael Cole stands up and applauds Miz as he heads to the ring.
Miz takes the mic and says he had a huge celebration planned for tonight but he doesn't need it. He doesn't need the balloons, pyro or streamers. Miz says he found something that sums up everyone's feeling on him winning the WWE Title and he shows the now infamous little girl on the big screen that was making the angry faces last week after he won. Miz thanks the girl for reminding him of the struggle he went through and everyone who told him he would never make it. Miz declares himself WWE Champion and gets mostly boo's from the crowd.
Miz addresses Randy Orton and says he isn't here tonight because of a knee injury. Miz says the only thing injured on Orton is his pride because he lost the WWE Title last week. Miz says Orton is the first on a long list of victims. Miz says he will be the longest reigning WWE Champion in history. Miz rips on the crowd now, telling them they can't live their dreams but he can. Miz says he is nothing like the people at home. Miz says he is one in a billion because he has achieved his dreams. Miz talks about how Roddy Piper said on RAW that his generation went out and made things happen. Miz says Piper never made anything happen. Riley holds up the History of the WWE Title book and says Piper isn't in it, Ricky Steamboat isn't in it and goes on. Jerry Lawler takes the mic and stands up.
Lawler congratulates Miz on winning the WWE Title but says he won it from a man who had just been beat down by seven other guys. Lawler says that may make Miz clever, but it doesn't make him awesome. Miz says that sounds like the words of a bitter old man who wrestled for four decades and couldn't do what he did in one night. Michael Cole takes a mic now and stands up. Cole tells Lawler to sit down and let Miz have his moment tonight. Lawler says he will do that but if Miz was the champion he says he is, he would invite someone out right now and give them a shot. Cole tells Lawler if he doesn't sit down, Miz might make an example of him.
Lawler says he's been with WWE since 1993 and never had a WWE Title shot. Lawler proposes that Miz give him a shot tonight on RAW. Miz says he isn't interested in defending his title tonight. Lawler says Miz just proved that he's a champion but he's not awesome. Lawler calls Miz a coward. Miz rips on Lawler and his career hen the e-mail alert goes off. Michael Cole announces, from the General Manager, that tonight's main event will be Lawler vs. Miz for the WWE Title. It's also announced that tonight's main event will be a Tables, Ladders and Chairs match to prepare for the upcoming pay-per-view. Lawler likes this news but Miz doesn't seem too thrilled. We go to commercial.
King of the Ring Tournament Match: Sheamus vs. Kofi Kingston
Back from commercial and out comes Sheamus for the final King of the Ring first round match. Out next is his opponent, Kofi Kingston to a nice reaction from the crowd. The bell rings and Sheamus strikes first. Kofi hits back and they both fall out to the floor over the ropes. Sheamus brings it back in the ring but Kofi kicks him in the chest and goes to work. Sheamus catches him in mid-air with a big backbreaker. Sheamus with a 2 count.
Sheamus stomps on Kofi and goes to work some more. They fight in the corner. Kofi with big chops to the chest now and a big dropkick. Kofi flies through the air with a big chop and hits the Boom Drop. Sheamus kicks out at 2. Kofi misses a leap in the corner and lands on the top turnbuckle. Sheamus hits the High Cross but Kofi slides out of it. Kofi connects with Trouble in Paradise but Sheamus rolls under the bottom rope. Kofi drags Sheamus back in the ring but Sheamus hangs on to the apron.
More back and forth action. Kofi goes to the top for a crossbody. Sheamus catches him in mid-air with the Brogue Kick to get the pinfall and the win.
- We see the updated brackets and Sheamus has automatically advanced to the finals. Sheamus will face the winner of Morrison vs. Del Rio. We go to commercial.
Mark Henry and Yoshi Tatsu vs. Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel
Back from the commercial and the team of Mark Henry and Yoshi Tatsu are in the ring. Out come their opponents, WWE Tag Team Champions Slater and Gabriel. Yoshi starts the match out with Gabriel. Yoshi takes him down quick and gets an early 2 count. Slater is tagged in and Nexus begin the double teaming and quick tags. The fans start going crazy in the crowd and we see John Cena making his way through the crowd. Cena has his tickets in hsi hand and sits down at ringside. Slater and Gabriel continue the double team on Tatsu.
We see Cena cheering at ringside for Henry and Tatsu. Tatsu finally makes the tag to Henry. Henry comes in and controls Slater. Gabriel runs in but Tatsu takes him out to the floor. Slater staggers Henry. Slater goes to the top rope and mocks John Cena. Slater goes for a cross body from the top but Henry catches him with the big slam for the win.
Winners: Yoshi Tatsu and Mark Henry
- After the match, Cena jumps the barrier and starts taking the top and screens off the announcers table. Cena rushes and pulls Slater from the ring. Cena puts Slater through the announcers table with an Attitude Adjustment and runs off through the crowd. Nexus runs down to tend to Slater but Cena is already gone. Cena mocks them from the crowd as we go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Gabriel is backstage with Husky Harris and David Otunga. They're talking about John Cena. Otunga says they're sitting ducks. Wade Barrett walks up and says he's fired which means there's no limit to what they can do to him. Barrett says he's going to go out and call Cena to the ring.
- We see Jerry Lawler getting ready for the main event. Arn Anderson walks up and congratulates him. Arn reminds Lawler that the chances of getting hurt in a TLC match is high. Lawler says he's never even been in a TLC match but he's never been in a WWE Title match either. Arn says there's only one thing to do, beat Miz.
- We go ringside where Michael Cole and CM Punk are just sitting in chairs, in front of a destroyed announcers table. They hype tonight's main event and the King of the Ring brackets.
King of the Ring Tournament Match: Albert Del Rio vs. John Morrison
We go to the ring where Alberto Del Rio's personal ring announcer begins his introduction. Del Rio comes pulling into the arena in a different car this time. Del Rio makes his way to the ring as we take another commercial break.
Back from commercial and out comes John Morrison for the next match. The bell rings and they go at it. Morrison hits an early dropkick from the top rope for a 2 count. Del Rio uses the ropes on Morrison's arm and takes control. Del Rio works over Morrison's arm now. Morrison fights out of a hold but Del Rio quickly takes control back. Morrison hits a big heel kick and covers Del Rio for 2.
More back and forth action. Del Rio works on the arm and gets another 2 count. Del Rio hits a big running kick in the corner. The horn of Del Rio's car starts going off. This distracts Del Rio and we see that Rey Mysterio is driving it. Rey hangs out the sunroof and taunts Del Rio. Morrison takes advantage of Del Rio being distracted, hits a spin kick and gets the win.
Winner: John Morrison
- After the match, Morrison acknowledges Mysterio, who is standing on top of Del Rio's car. We see the updated brackets and it will be Sheamus vs. Morrison to determine the new King of the Ring.
- We see Wade Barrett headed to the ring as we go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Wade Barrett. Wade says Nexus is going to beat Cena down when they get their hands on him. Cena appears on a big screen from the back. Cena says he made another promise before he got fired - that he would take out every member of Nexus. Barrett orders security to remove Cena from the building. Cena says WWE security is in no hurry to help Barrett. Cena starts backing up and he's cornered by Husky, Gabriel and Otunga. Barrett orders them to attack. Cena says he's not their only enemy and they turn around to a bunch of RAW stars attacking. They beat Nexus down. Cena hits an AA on Gabriel on top of a car. Cena tells Barrett he will see them next week and walks off. Back to commercial.
Gail Kim, Melina and Natalya vs. Maryse, Alicia Fox and Tamina
Out first for the next match comes Maryse, Alicia Fox and Tamina. Their opponents Melina, Gail Kim and Divas Champion Natalya are out next. Melina and Maryse start things out and go back and forth. Alicia Fox is tagged in and continues the assault on Melina. Melina fights off Alicia but gets tackled to the mat again. Alicia mounts Melina but Melina fights her off. All of a sudden, we hear Santino Marella singing. Santino comes out to the ramp and sings while playing the guitar. Tamina sees this and rushes off the apron to meet him on the ramp. Tamina and Santino lock eyes and she pulls him into a big headlock. Tamina walks off with Santino.
In the ring, Natalya is tagged in. She unloads on Alicia and goes for the Sharpshooter. Maryse runs in but Gail Kim takes her out. Natalya drops Alicia again and locks on the Sharpshooter for the submission and the win.
Winners: Natalya, Gail Kim and Melina
- Cole and Punk lead us into a video highlight package of Jerry Lawler's career to hype tonight's main event. We see Lawler in the back getting ready for the match as we go to commercial.
- We go backstage and see Ted DiBiase playing with a toy WWE Title belt. Maryse walks in and is upset that he's not going for the real title. Maryse says Ted is the guy who tapped out to a geek smaller than her. Maryse says he is making her look bad. She goes on but Ted yells at her to shut up and walks off.
- We see David Otunga and Husky Harris creeping around backstage, scared of John Cena. Husky is worried about Cena. Otunga says he has a plan and thinks he has a way to put an end to all of this.
- Josh Matthews is backstage with Sheamus and John Morrison. Matthews says Sheamus has only competed once tonight and may have an advantage. Matthews reminds them that Morrison beat Sheamus at Survivor Series. Sheamus says he won't let that happen tonight. Sheamus says Morrison's arm is hurt. Morrison says nothing else will matter when the bell rings because only one is walking out King of the Ring. Sheamus and Morrison stare each other down as we go to the arena to see the throne before going back to commercial.
John Morrison versus Sheamus in the King of the Ring Finals
They lock up and Sheamus works on the arm but Morrison with knees but Sheamus with a kick that knocks Morrison to the mat. Sheamus works on the injured arm with kicks and knees. Sheamus with an arm bar. Morrison with a kick and he tries for the springboard round kick but Sheamus pushes Morrison into the ropes and then knees Morrison off the apron as we go to commercial.
We are back and Sheamus continues to work on the arm and gets a near fall. We see Sheamus sending Morrison shoulder first into the ringside barrier during the commercial break.
Morrison with punches but Sheamus wraps the bad arm into the ropes and then hits a single arm DDT and gets a near fall. Sheamus with forearms across the chest to wear down Morrison. Sheamus stands over Morrison and then drops a knee and then he puts Morrison in a key lock. We see the empty throne watching the match as Sheamus continues to work on the arm.
Morrison punches and knees Sheamus but Sheamus with a punch and he stays in control of the match. Morrison with punches but Sheamus with a punch of his own. Morrison with a series of forearms followed by a kick and clotheslines. Morrison with a leg lariat for a near fall. Morrison punches Sheamus in the corner. Sheamus pushes Morrison off the turnbuckles and then Sheamus misses the pump kick but Sheamus with a clothesline and he gets a near fall.
Sheamus gets Morrison up for the High Cross but Morrison counters and he tries for a back slide but Sheamus stays on his feet. Morrison with an elbow and then Morrison hits a tornado DDT but Sheamus gets his hand on the rope to stop the count.
Morrison tries for the Shining Wizard but Sheamus kicks Morrison in the thigh. Morrison with a kick when Sheamus tries to send him into the ring post. Morrison goes up top and Sheamus slams him to the mat but he can only get a near fall. Sheamus with a Fujiwara arm bar on Morrison and Morrison gets to his feet. Sheamus with a knee and then he pulls Morrison over his back and he puts Morrison back in the Fujiwara arm bar.
Morrison rolls through and kicks Sheamus. Morrison with an enzuigiri that knocks Sheamus down. Morrison tries for the corkscrew shooting star press but he lands on Sheamus’ knees. Sheamus with the pump kick and then he sets for the High Cross and hits it. Sheamus gets the three count.
Sheamus goes to the throne area where Miss USA puts on the crown and robe and Sheamus gets his royal scepter.
Sheamus says that finally the royal lineage from the high kings of Ireland has been completed. He says Long Live the King.
We go to commercial.
The Miz with Alex Riley and the briefcase . . . and the Spirit of Michael Cole versus Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler for the WWE Title in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match and for the Sports Fandom Title of Cleveland
They lock up and Miz backs Lawler into the corner and he gives a clean break. Lawler punches Miz and then they circle each other. They lock up again and Miz slams Lawler. Lawler returns the favor with a slam of his own. Miz with a kick and punch followed by kicks and another punch to Lawler. Miz throws Lawler out of the ring and to the floor. Miz grabs a chair and he hits Lawler in the back with it. Lawler takes another chair shot to the back. Miz rolls Lawler back into the ring and he sets up a few chairs in the center of the ring. Miz punches Lawler and then he tries for a suplex onto the chairs but Lawler blocks it and Miz avoids the chairs as well. Miz with a neck breaker combination using the chair. Miz with kicks to the back as he tries to wear down Lawler.
Miz has his manservant bring a ladder into the ring but Miz doesn’t see Lawler recover and he hits Miz repeatedly in the back with the chair. Riley tries to stop Lawler but Jerry punches Riley and then he brings a ladder into the ring but he fights over it with Miz and Lawler hits Miz in the chin with the ladder. Lawler brings the ladder into the ring and he misses Miz when he runs it into the corner. Miz with a forearm to the back and then they avoid the ladder in the corner until Lawler back body drops him onto the ladder. Riley with a clothesline to Lawler. Riley tries to suplex Lawler to the floor but Riley takes a punch from Lawler and he goes through a table.
Lawler sets up the ladder in the center of the ring and he starts to climb but Miz pushes him off. Miz with a boot to the head. Miz with a suplex onto the chair as he works on Lawler’s back. Miz grabs the chair while Punk tells Miz to climb the ladder to win the match. Instead, Miz hits Lawler again with the chair. Miz goes to the top turnbuckle but Lawler crotches him and Lawler tries for a superplex but Miz with a head butt and Lawler goes to the mat. Lawler knocks Miz off the apron and Miz goes through a table.
Lawler is down in the ring but he is next to the ladder. Michael Cole gets up from the announce table and he tries to help Miz up. Lawler climbs the ladder and he is a few feet from the title. Michael Cole grabs Lawler’s leg and Jerry wonders what the heck is going on. Lawler asks Cole and Cole says he didn’t mean it. They circle the ladder and Cole wants to hug it out but Lawler punches Cole and who cares about the title when you can punch Michael Cole.
Miz climbs the ladder and Lawler stops him. They both have their hands on the title. Miz takes some punches from Lawler but Miz hits Lawler with the title belt and then Miz grabs the belt and wins the match.