Posted in: PPV WWE WrestleMania 27 PPV Results 4/3/11
By Marc Middleton
Apr 3, 2011 - 7:33:48 PM
- Neil sent word that The Great Khali eliminated WWE United States Champion Sheamus last to win the pre-show dark match battle royal with RAW and SmackDown Superstars. Neil was under the impression at first that the United States Title match was taking place but it didn't as they changed it right before the battle royal.
- And we're live from the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia as Justin Roberts welcomes us and introduces R&B singer Keri Hilson to sing America The Beautiful. It's a packed house in Atlanta and the Dome looks awesome set up for WrestleMania. They do a nice presentation for Hilson's performance.
- We get a nice intro video for WrestleMania, something different. The Rock is introduced and tonight's special guest host comes out to a massive ovation from the crowd as his music plays. The Rock comes out in a track suit and walks around the huge stage area.
The Rock makes his way down to the ring. The WrestleMania set is really impressive this year, as always. Huge chants break out for The Rock as his music stops. The Rock stops and smiles, which gets an even bigger pop. The Rock goes to do his promo but is overwhelmed by the crowd. Finally, The Rock has come back to Atlanta, he says. And finally, The Rock has come back to WrestleMania. Rock promises that this will be the most memorable WrestleMania of all-time. Rock talks about the electricity in the Dome tonight and asks if we can smell it. A "Cena sucks" chant breaks out.
Rock says it's time to have some fun. He says "Wrestle" while the crowd says "Mania." Rock says Cena is in the back trying to decide which rainbow Fruity Pebble shirt he will put on tonight. The crowd continues to boo Cena. A "Fruity Pebbles" chant breaks out. Rock says this is going to get good tonight. Rock takes a sip of water and calls it The People's Water. The Rock says "Yabba" now and has the crowd say "Dabba." The Rock talks more about tonight and gets the crowd hype with a promo. The Rock goes to say "if ya smell..." but stops himself. He says that catchphrase is one of the most famous in the world. He says it doesn't belong to him, it belongs to the people. He wants do something special and asks the crowd to get on their feet, which they already are. Rock has the crowd say "if ya smell....." with him and it's loud, very loud. The Rock's music hits as he makes his way back up the ramp.
- We cut to a WrestleMania video package.
- We're welcomed back to WrestleMania as the pyro explodes in the arena and the familiar music plays inside the Georgia Dome. Michael Cole welcomes us to the Georgia Dome where near 70,000 fans are in attendance.
World Heavyweight Title Match: Alberto Del Rio vs. Edge
We go to the ring for tonight's first match and Ricardo Rodriguez begins the introduction of Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio has an amazing entrance where he comes in driving a Rolls Royce with a mansion on the big screen in the background.
We have Cole, Jerry Lawler and Josh Matthews on commentary. Cole is locked in his cubicle. Christian comes out next, to be in Edge's corner. Edge's music hits now and our comes the World Heavyweight Champion to a huge pop. Edge is pumped and gets the crowd going from the stage. Edge makes his way down to the ring with a big smile on his face and stops on the ramp as his pyro goes off. We see Brodus Clay at ringside for Del Rio. Justin Roberts does formal ring introductions and we get ready to go.
The bell rings and they lock up. Edge has his arm bandaged from the attack on RAW. They take it to the corner and are separated by the referee. Del Rio shoves Edge with a cheap shot in the corner. Edge slaps Del Rio and comes back with right hands. Back drop by Edge. They get up and Del Rio kicks Edge's injured arm. Del Rio takes Edge to the corner and kicks Edge down. Del Rio charges and Edge dumps him over the top and to the floor, right in front of Christian.
Edge comes outside but Del Rio shoves him arm-first into the barrier. Del Rio brings it back in the ring for a 2 count and then goes back to work on Edge's arm. Del Rio continues the offense and uses the ropes on Edge's neck and injured arm. Brodus Clay stares at Edge as he rolls out to the floor. Del Rio slams the arm into a table and brings it back in the ring for a 2 count. Del Rio charges Edge but slides through the ropes and lands on the floor. Edge charges now and flips over the top, landing on Del Rio and the floor.
Del Rio with an armbar from the top for a 2 count. Del Rio runs the ropes but Edge knocks him down with a spin kick. They go at it each other again and Edge drops Del Rio with a boot to the face. Edge with clotheslines and more offense for a 2 count on Del Rio as Clay and Christian look on from ringside. More back and forth action. Del Rio drops Edge on his arm again. Del Rio goes for his armbar finisher but Edge counters it for a 2 count. Edge dodges Del Rio in the corner and rolls him up for another 2. Del Rio applies his armbar finisher on Edge but Edge gets to the ropes and breaks the hold. Del Rio goes after Edge on the apron but gets dropped on his neck on the ropes. Edge goes to the top rope but Del Rio kicks him off. Del Rio gets a 2 count as Edge puts his foot on the rope. Christian and Clay start fighting at ringside after Ricardo pushed Edge's foot off the rope. Del Rio is distracted and Edge rolls him up for a 2 count. Edge with the big DDT now.
Edge gets up and readies for a spear as the crowd pops. Del Rio side steps it. The referee is distracted by Ricardo as Clay takes a shot at Edge and his injured arm. Del Rio applies his armbar finisher on Edge in the middle of the ring. Edge reverses the hold and pins Del Rio for 2. Edge goes for his modified Sharpshooter but Del Rio won't tap out either. Christian runs on the apron and kicks Clay. Christian DDT's Clay onto the floor from the apron. Del Rio starts to break Edge's hold and does. They get up and Edge spears Del Rio for the pin and the win.
- After the match, we go to replays. Edge makes his way up the ramp and poses for the fans. He stops at the top of the ramp where Del Rio's Rolls Royce is parked. Del Rio recovers at ringside and looks on. Edge places the World Heavyweight Title belt on the Rolls. Edge charges the car but stops. He starts kicking the door of the car and jumps on top of it. Edge elbow drops the top of the car. Del Rio starts slowly walking up the ramp. Christian comes up with Edge. He has a car jack and lead pipe in his hand. He hands the jack to Edge. Edge starts scratching the paint of the car and then smashes the windows out. Edge beats the hood up and knocks the ornament off. Edge continues to beat the car with the jack. He stands on the hood and holds up the World Title as his music hits again. Del Rio watches from his knees on the middle of the ramp. Edge and Christian make their exit as Del Rio looks on whimpering. Edge's music stops and the crowd starts booing Del Rio as he stands up, holding his ribs. Del Rio tends to his beat up Rolls Royce and looks to be sobbing.
- We get a WWE Tough Enough promo.
- Michael Cole starts bragging at ringside about how he's in the main event tonight and will beat Jerry Lawler. Lawler calls him a moron.
Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio
We go tot he ring and out comes Cody Rhodes, wearing his protective face mask. We go to highlights of the feud between Cody and Rey Mysterio. Out next comes Rey Mysterio and like every year, he's wearing a super hero costume. This year he's dressed in Captain America gear.
The bell rings and they go at it quick. Rey with an early hurricanrana off the top. Cody finally drops Rey and gets a chance to take his jacket off, but keeps the mask on. Cody exposes Rey's bad knee and tries to target it. Cody whips Rey hard in the corner and teases pulling his mask off. Cody with a big kick to the face off the ropes and a 2 count on Rey. Cody stomps on Rey now and applies a camel clutch. They go at it as Rey tries a headscissors. Cody catches him and drops him with an Alabama slam. 2 count for Cody.
Cody continues the offense on Rey and the crowd isn't into this one too much. Cody counters many of Rey's moves. Rey goes to the top rope but Cody meets him up top and headbutts him. Cody goes for a superplex off the top and holds Rey high up in the air for about minute before dropping him back on the mat hard. Impressive. Cody covers Rey for a 2 count. Cody goes for a backbreaker move but Rey counters and sends Cody flying out to the floor. They go at it on the floor and Rey drops Cody face first into the apron. They come back in and Rey with a takedown and a 2 count. Rey ends up on Cody's shoulders but Cody puts him back down. Cody catches another Rey move out of the corner and back suplexes him for a 2 count.
Rey with another plancha takedown. He drops Cody in the ropes and goes for 619 but Cody catches his legs. Cody slingshots Rey under the rope and gets a close 2 count. Cody tries to take Rey's knee brace off now. Cody starts stomping on Rey. Rey fights him off as he goes for the brace. Cody finally rips the brace off Rey's knee. Rey goes to the apron and fights Cody off. Rey goes to the top and hits a moonsault for a 2 count. Rey unbuckles Cody's mask and it falls off. Cody kicks Rey in the gut. Rey counters a move and nails 619. Rey goes to the top for his big splash but Cody puts his knees up. Rey with a kick to Cody's face for a 2 count. Rey puts Cody's protective face mask over his mask. Rey hits flying headbutts on Cody with the mask. Cody runs at Rey on the ropes but Rey moves and he lands on the ropes. Rey goes up top and hits a flying headbutt to the chest for a 2 count. The referee turns his back to put Cody's mask at ringside. Rey charges Cody and Cody smacks Rey in the face with the knee brace. Cody hits Cross Rhodes for the pin and the win.
Winner: Cody Rhodes
- After the match, Cody walks up the ramp with his mask hiding his face.
- We go backstage with Snoop Dogg and Teddy Long. They're doing a talent show type of thing. William Regal is up first, followed by Beth Phoenix and The Great Khali dancing and singing together. Zack Ryder is up next singing "Friday." Roddy Piper comes in and cracks him over the head. Chris Masters and Yoshi Tatsu are up next. Yoshi sings "We Will Rock You" as Masters pumps his pecs to the music. Next up is Hornswoggle. Teddy informs Snoop that Hornswoggle can't talk and Horny mumbles some stuff. Teddy tells Snoop it's time to go. The camera focuses on Hornswoggle now. Rap music starts playing as The Bella Twins come in, Hornswoggle starts rapping with a black LA hat and shirt on.
The Corre vs. Kane, Big Show, Santino Marella and Kofi Kingston
We go to the ring and out comes Ezekiel Jackson, WWE Intercontinental Champion Wade Barrett and the WWE Tag Team Champions Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel. Out next is the team of Big Show, Kane and Santino Marella. Matthews talks about how Vladimir Kozlov was injured by The Corre at Axxess. Out comes their new partner, Kofi Kingston. Santino and Slater start the match off.
The match goes to chaos quick. Everyone gets involved and hits their big moves. The action spills out to the floor. Santino hits the Cobra on Slater and Big Show follows up with the knockout punch for the quick pin and the win.
Winners: Big Show, Kane, Santino Marella and Kofi Kingston
- We go backstage with The Rock and Eve Torres talking. Rock says the next person who comes around the corner he's going to have a special, magical moment with. Eve smiles as Mae Young appears behind The Rock. Rock hugs her and is nervous now. Mae says she wants The People's streusel. Rock says she should be going after other people, like Noah's. Rock makes more old jokes against Mae. She tells him she will never get old and not to make old jokes about her. Rock asks Eve to escort Mae to her seat so she can enjoy the show. Mae slaps Rock on the ass as she walks off with Eve. Rock turns around and Steve Austin is standing there. They say it's good to see each other but are a bit standoffish with each other. They both say they're ready to kick some ass tonight. Rock says he's ready to bring it and Austin should remember that. They shake hands and Austin walks off.
- We get a video package with highlights from the CM Punk and Randy Orton feud.
CM Punk vs. Randy Orton
We go back to the ring and out comes CM Punk. Out next is Randy Orton to a nice reaction from the crowd. Orton hits the turnbuckles and poses for the fans before we get the bell. The bell rings and Punk charges Orton's leg. Orton gets on top of him with right hands. Orton with uppercuts now. Orton drops Punk with a big clothesline and then sends him outside to the floor. Orton comes after him and tries to throw him in the steel steps. Punk counters and shoves them into Orton. Back in the ring now, Punk hits a big crossbody off the top for a 2 count.
More back and forth action as Punk works on the leg. Orton tries to mount an offense but Punk stops it. Punk puts Orton's leg up in the corner and works it over now. Punk hits the running knee to Orton's jaw in the corner. Punk with a big knee drop on the injured leg and another 2 count. Punk wraps Orton up in the corner with a tree of woe and stands on his leg from the top turnbuckle. Punk comes down hard on Orton for another 2 count. Punk signals for the GTS as the crowd boo's. Punk lifts Orton for the GTS but Orton fights out of it. Orton goes for the RKO but Punk takes him down for a 2 count.
They end up on top and Orton goes for a superplex. Orton hits a long suplex on Punk from the top and covers him for a 2 count. Punk takes control again and wraps Orton's legs around the ring post from the outside. Punk applies a figure four on the ring post as Orton screams in pain. Back in the ring and Punk continues to focus on the leg as Orton tries to fight out of it. 2 count for Orton off a submission pin. 2 count for Punk in the same fashion. Punk pulls the bandage down off Orton's leg. Orton finally breaks Punk's hold and gets up limping. Orton with two clotheslines and a big powerslam. Orton leaps on Punk with right hands now and then hits a side suplex. Another 2 count for Orton.
They get up and Punk starts kicking Orton. Punk sweeps Orton and applies the Anaconda Vice out of nowhere. They end up on the apron. Orton throws Punk into the exposed ring post and then brings him in the ring with the second rope DDT. Orton hits the mat and gets pumped in Punk's face. Orton readies for a punt kick but his leg goes out as he runs at Punk. Orton falls to the mat clutching his leg as Punk laughs. They get up and Orton goes for an RKO out of nowhere. Punk slides out of it and looks surprised.
Punk goes to the top and leaps off at Orton. Orton gets up and catches him with an RKO in mid-air for the pin and the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- The Rock is backstage with Mean Gene Okerlund. Rock says he hears John Cena's #1 fan is coming to confront him tonight. Mean Gene says he's already here. Rock turns around and Pee Wee Herman is there. Pee Wee does the "you can't see me" gesture. Rock puts Pee Wee down and says he has to be a man to be on Team Bring It. Mean Gene comes back in wearing Cena merchandise so Rock can use him as an example. Pee Wee says he's down with Rock now. Pee Wee does his own version of the "if ya smell" and Rock welcomes him to Team Bring It.
- We get a promo for the new WrestleMania True Story DVD.
- The Fink is in the ring. He introduces the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame class. Abdullah the Butcher, Sunny, Road Warrior Animal & Paul Ellering, Drew Carey, Bullet Bob Armstrong, and Hacksaw Jim Duggan all appear on the stage. Shawn Michael's music hits next as he comes out to a big pop from the crowd. The Hall of Famers wave to the fans as Fink gives it up for them one more time.
- We get highlights from Jerry Lawler and Michel Cole's feud.
- Booker T is introduced next to a big pop to announce this match. Out next comes Jim Ross to a bigger pop to join Booker and Josh Matthews on commentary.
Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler, Special Referee: Steve Austin
As Ross is making his way to ringside, Michael Cole comes out in an amateur wrestling get-up, including headgear and everything. It's orange and he looks ridiculous. Cole starts insulting Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler. Cole enters the ring, still talking trash about Lawler. Cole says after tonight, JR will go back to making bad BBQ sauce, Lawler will be embarrassed and Steve Austin will raise his hand in victory. Cole says he will be the new Mr. WrestleMania. Jack Swagger's music hits next and out comes Cole's trainer.
As Swagger is doing push-ups on the ramp, Steve Austin's music hits. Austin comes riding a four wheeler out and rides it around the ring, putting some fear into Michael Cole. Cole retreats to his Cole Mine and taunts Austin from there. Swagger is upset that Austin almost hit him with the four wheeler. Out next comes Jerry Lawler for his WrestleMania debut. Lawler isn't using his new theme song and has a new gear and robe on.
Cole won't leave his cubicle. Austin tells them to ring the f'n bell and they bleep it out. Lawler goes after Cole and Swagger gets in the way. Lawler takes Swagger out and throws him into the barrier. Cole, still inside his cube, apologizes to Lawler and wants to talk it out instead of wrestle. Lawler tells Cole to get in the ring. Cole extends his hand out of the cube to Lawler. Cole begs Lawler to forget about all their problems. Lawler shakes Cole's hand. Lawler doesn't let go and pulls Cole's arm through the hold, ramming his head into the cube repeatedly. Cole's face is smashed into the glass now. Lawler climbs inside the cube and starts beating Cole up.
Lawler finally brings the assault out of the cube and to ringside. Lawler rolls Cole in the ring and Austin checks on him. Jack Swagger attacks from behind while Austin isn't looking and lays Lawler out. It looks like Swagger hid from Austin. Cole finally gets to his feet in the ring and baseball slides into Lawler, sending him back to the floor. Cole distracts Austin while Swagger runs over and applies the ankle lock on Lawler. Cole wants Austin to count Lawler out. Austin counts but Lawler comes back in the ring. Cole starts working over Lawler's leg as Swagger cheers him on.
Cole is pretty much just working on Lawler's ankle on the ropes. Cole goes in the corner and hits his weak version of Swagger's splash for a pin attempt on Lawler. Cole actually continues to control the match, still focusing on Lawler's leg. A "boring" chant breaks out in the crowd as Cole poses. Cole mocks Lawler and pulls down one of his straps. Cole applies the ankle lock on Lawler now. Lawler counters it and kicks Cole back into the corner. Swagger yells at Cole to get up. Lawler starts stomping on Cole now.
Swagger throws a white towel in the ring, signaling that he's quitting for Cole. Austin looks at it and picks it up to wipe the sweat off his forehead, then throws it at Swagger. Swagger comes in the ring and gets hit with a Stunner from Austin. Cole gets up now and tells Austin he can't compete. Austin mocks him. Cole slaps Austin's hand and pushes him. Austin pushes Cole into a big right hand from Lawler. Lawler rocks Cole with more rights now on their feet and then on the mat. The crowd starts chanting for Lawler now as he continues to rock Cole. Lawler hits a big dropkick on Cole and sends him to the mat. Lawler goes to the second rope, points at the WrestleMania banner and takes one of his straps down. Lawler drops the big fist on Cole for the pin. He pulls Cole up at the 2 count and is having too much fun here. Lawler then applies the ankle lock on Cole and makes him quickly tap out. Austin plays around and gets down in Cole's face to ask him if he taps. Cole is tapping but Austin is playing games with him. Austin finally calls for them to ring the f'n bell and raises Lawler's hand in victory.
Winner: Jerry Lawler
- After the match, Jack Swagger recovers at ringside and picks Michael Cole up, carrying him off to the back. Lawler raises his hands in the ring. Stone Cold's music hits next and we get some beers. Austin and Lawler do the double toast and start downing beers. Booker T runs in the ring and joins the celebration. Booker T pops the crowd as he does a spin-a-rooni. Booker's music hits as he, Lawler and Austin celebrate with more beers. Out of nowhere, Austin lays Booker out with a Stunner. More beers are thrown in the ring to Austin and Lawler. The e-mail alert goes off and Josh Matthews steps up to the podium. It's announced that the referee, Steve Austin, overstepped his autority in the match so Lawler has been disqualified. The winner of the match is Michael Cole. Cole and Swagger are still up on the ramp and start celebrating. The crowd starts chanting "bullshit." Lawler goes to ringside and asks Matthews what's up with that. Austin is pissed as he throws his beers down. Lawler asks Matthews to say it one more time and he does, but apologizes. Lawler pulls Matthews and rolls him into the ring where Austin hits him with a Stunner. Austin rides off on his four wheeler and salutes the fans. Lawler is shown looking pissed at ringside as we go to replays.
Winner by DQ: Michael Cole
- Lawler goes right to the announcer's table and joins Jim Ross as we go to footage from Axxess in Atlanta.
- We get a long video package for Triple H and The Undertaker.
No Holds Barred Match: Triple H vs. The Undertaker
The lights go out in the arena and Metallica's "For Whom The Bells Toll" hits as Triple H gets ready to make his way out. A group of men with big shields come out to the stage and form a half-circle. The soldiers with shields move to the side and we see Triple H in his King of Kings get-up standing under a spotlight. The lights go back out and when they come on, Motorhead starts playing as The Game is standing there now. Triple H makes his way down to the ring.
It's time for The Undertaker's entrance now as the lights go out and the bells start to toll. Johnny Cash's "Ain't No Grave" starts playing as The Undertaker appears on the stage and starts marching to the ring. Nothing too special for Taker here. Taker turns the lights on as he hits the ring steps and enters the ring. Taker and Triple H stare each other down. Taker makes it thunder and lighting one more time as he takes his hat off. The crowd starts to cheer as the two future Hall of Famers come together in the middle of the ring. They back up to their corners and here we go.
They go right at it trading shots. Triple H gets the upperhand and takes it to the corner but Taker knocks him out of the ring. They fight on the floor and Triple H goes down. Taker starts taking the announcer's table apart. He turns around and Triple H rams him into Cole's cube and it's destroyed. Triple H comes back in the ring as Taker sits up from the remains of Cole's cube. Taker comes in and fires away with right hands. Triple H with a big forearm off the ropes. Taker with big shoulders now to Triple H. Taker goes to the top rope for Old School but Triple H pulls him down to the mat. Triple H clotheslines Taker back to the floor now.
Triple H launches Taker hard into the fan barrier outside of the ring. Triple H starts taking Lawler and Cole's table apart now and then slams Taker into it. Triple H climbs up top and goes for a Pedigree but Taker stops it and goes for a chokeslam. Triple H counters that but Taker backdrops him from the announcer's table to the floor. Triple H lands hard. Taker goes back in the ring as Triple H is out on the floor still. Taker runs the ropes and flies over the top rope and lands on Triple H head-first, just like he did with Shawn Michaels. A "holy shit" chant breaks out in the crowd.
Taker drops Triple H on the steel steps now and brings him up. Taker goes for a Tombstone on the steps but Triple H counters with a headbutt. Taker runs at Triple H on the steps but Triple H counters and slams Taker from the steps through the announcer's table with a huge spinebuster. Taker looks to be in serious pain. Triple H brings Taker back in the ring. Taker grabs Triple H out of nowhere and chokeslams him for a close 2 count. Taker with right hands now. This is a slow-paced match. Taker grabs Triple H but gets pushed back into the corner. Triple H with shoulder thrusts now. Dueling chants for the two now. Triple H mounts Taker with rights in the corner. Taker brings him out and drops him on the mat. They exchange counters. Triple H hits a big spinebuster for a 2 count.
Triple H brings a steel chair in but Taker boots it into his face. Taker cracks Triple H in the back with the chair. He goes for another but Triple H blocks it and nails a Pedigree. Taker kicks out at the 2 count. Triple H comes back now and takes Taker up to the top. Taker counters and nails The Last Ride for a close 2 count. Taker cuts his own throat now and the crowd pops. Taker picks Triple H up for a Tombstone and nails it. Triple H kicks out right at 3 and this frustrates Taker.
Taker throws the chair down in front of Triple H and picks him up again. Taker goes for a Tombstone on the chair but Triple H slides out of it and DDT's Taker on the chair. Both men are down as the crowd starts clapping. They both get to their feet using the ropes for help. Triple H strikes first and hits a Pedigree but only gets a 2 count. Triple H goes for another Pedigree and hits it but it's botched just a bit. Taker kicks out of this one also.
Triple H gets up and grabs the chair again. He cracks Taker hard in the back with it, and another. Triple H yells at Taker to stand up but keeps hitting him in the back with the chair, a dozen or less times. Triple H falls from swinging the chair. Triple H yells at Taker to stay down. Triple H readies for another chair shot as Taker gets up. This time Triple H cracks Taker in the head with the chair and he goes down. Triple H looks on as Taker still tries to get up.
Triple H yells at Taker to stay down again, and to just die. Triple H asks what is wrong with Taker. Taker grabs him by the throat. Triple H shakes his head and lets Taker stand up. He does but he can barely stand. Taker is ready for a fight. Triple H cuts his throat now. Taker charges barely but Triple H counters and scoops Taker for a Tombstone. Triple H nails the Tombstone and folds Taker's arms but Taker kicks out at 2. This shocks Triple H, who backs up against the ropes and just stares at Taker.
Triple H goes under the ring and brings his sledgehammer into the mix. He drags Taker by his leg into the center of the ring. Taker out of nowhere applies the Hell's Gate submission on Triple H, causing him to drop the sledgehammer. Triple H tries to counter the hold but can't. He finally finds the sledgehammer and picks it up but drops it again because he's too weak. Taker continues to put pressure on the hold as Triple H is fading. It's been over a minute when Triple H taps out to end the match.
Winner: The Undertaker
- As soon as the match is over, "Ain't No Grave" starts playing as Taker and Triple H are laid out in the ring. Pyro goes off as a big 19-0 flashes on the big screen on the stage. Triple H, who is bleeding from his face, actually sits up in the ring before Taker does. The referee calls a trainer in the ring to check on Taker, who still hasn't got up. The trainer checks on Taker. He finally starts to move around but it looks like they're being cautious with him. Triple H exits the ring and Taker barely rolls out of the ring. Triple H looks to be standing there waiting on Taker. Taker's feet hit the ground but he just falls on his face. Triple H motions to help Taker up but the referee and trainer tend to him first. The trainer speaks into his mic and calls for help from the back. The music stops and Taker is laid out on the floor cold now. The crowd starts to applaud. Taker sits up as a stretcher is brought down to the ring on the back of a cart. Trainers help Taker onto the stretcher and he is driven off up the ramp. One spotlight shining through the crowd is shown.
- We go right to a "don't try this at home" video.
Snooki, Trish Stratus and John Morrison vs. LayCool and Dolph Ziggler
We go to the arena and out comes Vickie Guerrero to introduce her team. Dolph Ziggler is out next followed by Layla and Michelle McCool. John Morrison is out next for his team. Trish Stratus' music hits next and out she comes to a big pop. The Jersey Shore music hits next and out comes Snooki to a decent reaction for what it is. Vickie looks on disapprovingly.
Team LayCool tries to attack as their opponents are entering the ring. Dolph talks trash to Snooki and she smacks him. The bell rings and it's McCool starting things off with Trish. McCool pushes Trish. Trish comes back with chops to the chest. She looks to tag in Snooki and chops McCool again. Trish does the matrix move and ducks a clothesline but McCool kicks her to the mat. Trish comes back with a facebuster. She goes for the move out of the corner but McCool fights her off. They tumble from the top rope down out of the ring and to the floor. Trish shoves McCool back into the barrier. Layla runs over and gets punched by Trish. Trish leaps off the apron and lands on both of them. Trish counters a shot now and gets a 2 count. Trish kicks McCool in the head for another 2 count as Dolph breaks the pin. Morrison comes in and clotheslines him to the floor. Morrison hits a Starship Pain from the top rope down to the floor and Ziggler.
Snooki is tagged in by Trish and gets boo'd. Snooki does a handspring across the ring and elbows McCool back into the corner. She flips back again and lands on McCool to get the pin and the win as Vickie flips out at ringside. They're cheering Snooki now.
Winners: Snooki, Trish Stratus and John Morrison
- We see the cast of WWE Tough Enough sitting at ringside and get a promo for WWE Extreme Rules on May 1st.
- We get a nice video package where we see The Miz watching a bunch of monitors showing clips of him on the Real World, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Miz's rise to fame in WWE and other clips. The video is set to "Hate Me Now" by rapper Nas.
WWE Title Match: John Cena vs. The Miz
The Miz's music hits and out comes the WWE Champion with his associate Alex Riley. Both of them are wearing new jackets to the ring. A local Atlanta choir starts singing on the stage now. A video package of Cena starts playing to rapper DMX's "Prayer III" track. The video shows various clips of Cena in and out of the ring. The video ends the some boo's start from the crowd. The choir breaks out in a gospel version of Cena's song. The boo's are really coming now. Cena's music hits next and he comes out wearing a new red t-shirt and hat. There's definitely a mixed reaction for Cena. Cena rushes the ropes and starts running the ropes.
Cena gets formally introduced first and it seems like more boo's mixed in there. WWE Champion The Miz is introduced next and got about the same reaction as Cena. The bell rings twice and here we go. They lock up and Miz applies a side headlock. Cena fights him off. They lock up again and Miz goes for another headlock. Miz drops Cena with a headlock. They run the ropes and Cena hits a big hip toss. They lock hands now and this time Cena goes to a side headlock. Miz backs him in the corner and drops Cena with a right hand. Miz starts stomping on Cena now.
Miz whips Cena hard into the corner and he falls on his face. Miz hits the big clothesline in the corner and covers Cena for 2. Miz yells at Cena to stay down as he hits him with right hands. Cena comes back and slams Miz but gets boo'd. 2 count for Cena. Miz with a slam now and a 2 count. Another slow-paced match here. Miz charges Cena in the corner for the big clothesline again but Cena moves. Cena goes to the top and hits a leg drop. Cena rushes Miz in the corner but runs into the turnbuckle. Miz with a running kick to Cena's head and another 2 count. Cena gets up and turns around into a big kick from Miz. Another 2 count.
Miz continues to punch Cena around the ring. Cena falls on his face again. Miz kicks him out of the ring and to the floor. Miz with a running knee to the face and another 2 count. Cena comes back now with shoulder blocks. He gets boo'd as he hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle on Miz. Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment but Miz counters and drops him with a DDT for a 2 count. Cena drop to hold's Miz real quick but Miz counters with a neck and backbreaker for a 2 count. The referee is distracted by Riley as Cena rolls Miz up for another 2 count. They trade shots and Cena goes for the AA again. Miz grabs the ropes and slides out of it. Cena applies the STF on Miz. The ref is distracted again as Riley pulls Cena into the exposed turnbuckle. Miz hits the Skull Crushing Finale for a 2 count. More back and forth until the referee gets knocked down. Cena hits the AA on Miz but the referee is out. Alex Riley enters the ring and when Cena turns around, Riley drops him with a briefcase shot. Miz covers but only gets 2. Riley argues with the referee. Miz grabs the briefcase and goes to hit Cena. Cena ducks and Miz nails Riley. Cena hits the Attitude Adjustment but Miz kicks out at a close 2 count. Miz rolls out to the floor. Cena hits a big running clothesline, sending Miz over the barrier. Cena then knocks Miz over the security wall where the fans are. The referee counts them both out.
Draw; Double Count Out, Still WWE Champion: The Miz
- After the match, The Rock's music hits and out he comes.
Cena and Miz are still laid out over the wall as the RAW General Manager's e-mail alert goes off. The Rock walks to the podium and prepares to make the announcement. The Rock stops after a few words and says it doesn't matter what the GM thinks, then throws the laptop off the podium. Rock enters the ring and says there's no way WrestleMania is over and restarts the match - no DQ's, no count outs, no time limits, no crying to your mama. Rock says there's no way this match will end like that. Rock tells everyone involved to stick something up their candy ass and says it's time to give the people what they want.
Cena and Miz are at ringside now as the bell rings. Cena goes for an Attitude Adjustment in the ring but Miz hangs on. Cena turns around and The Rock lays him out with a Rock Bottom. The Miz takes advantage and covers Cena for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Miz
- After the match, The Rock goes to the foot of the ramp as The Miz celebrates in the ring. Miz and Rock have a staredown as the crowd chants "Rocky." Rock rushes the ring and unloads on The Miz. Rock lays him out and hits The People's Elbow as the crowd pops. The Rock climbs the turnbuckle and poses for the fans as his music hits. We go to replays. WrestleMania 27 goes off the air with The Rock posing for the fans. The last we saw of John Cena was him getting pinned.