- The WWE WrestleMania XXX pre-show opens up with the set reveal video that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon put out on Friday night. We get a look at the amazing WrestleMania stage and set from the Mercedes Benz Superdome in New Orleans.
WWE WrestleMania XXX Results 4/6/14
By Marc Middleton
Apr 6, 2014 - 4:29:37 PM
- We go to Josh Mathews. He has Mick Foley, Booker T and Shawn Michaels on the panel tonight. We see fans filing into their seats. Foley talks about the arena is mostly empty but there is lots of electricity already. They talk about the WWE Tag Team Title match and Foley predicts it will be a big moment for Cesaro.
- We go to Renee Young in the social media lounge. She plugs tonight's hashtags and shows us some tweets from fans on Twitter. She shows us a tweet from actor Hugh Jackman, who is one of tonight's social media ambassadors. We go back to the panel and get the Eminem "Legacy" video for Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena.
- Shawn talks about how you shouldn't worry about legacies, you should just perform, when the lights flicker and The Wyatt Family appears on the screen from the back. Bray talks about hurting someone he was close to and says he will do much worse to Cena. We get the video for Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker. We go back to the panel to talk about Cena vs. Wyatt again. Shawn says Cena has a problem because Wyatt is in his head. We get more hype for Taker, Lesnar and The Streak. Shawn says the timing is good for Lesnar because the last 5 matches have taken their toll on Taker. Byron Saxton is outside of Lesnar's locker room when Paul Heyman walks up from the hall. Heyman says it wouldn't be a good idea to ask Lesnar questions. Heyman says Lesnar is prepared, prepared to do what no one else has ever been able to do. We go back to the panel. They talk about Taker's entrance.
- Mathews leads us to the WrestleMania hype video set to Kid Rock's theme song, the one that's been airing over the past week. We go outside in Champions Square with Alex Riley and a bunch of WWE fans. Riley interviews a younger Daniel Bryan fan and lets the fan take a selfie of them. They get a "yes!" chant going before sending us back to Renee in the social media lounge for more tweets. We see the Superdome start to fill up and everything is coming together. We go back to the panel and former NFL player and noted WWE fan Shawne Merriman is on the panel. Merriman talks about some of his favorite WrestleMania moments and being fan. We get hype for Daniel Bryan and a backstage interview where he insists he will wrestle both matches tonight and win.
- More hype from the panel. We see Booker T's sitdown interview with Batista that aired on WrestleMania Today. We come back and Booker says he knew Batista during his first run with WWE and he thought Batista was soft but he's a different Animal now. That's interesting because of the backstage incident that's been reported. We see the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal statue at Axxess earlier. It was escorted by security. Merriman predicts his friend Rey Mysterio will get the win. Booker predicts Kofi will have a good performance and HBK says Big Show is the favorite. We get a Hulk Hogan hype video. Merriman talks about he's always been a Hulkamaniac. Merriman is apparently leaving the panel as Mathews hypes tonight's show. That's it for the first hour.
- We come back and Jimmy Hart is on the panel. They talk about tonight's WWE Tag Team Title match. Hart says he spent some time with The Real Americans and they are ready. We go to a video package for Andre the Giant. We see the statue being unloaded by security and brought into the Superdome. Hart predicts Ryback will win the battle royal but he's not even in the match. HBK sticks with Big Show. Mathews announces the tag match is now elimination style. HBK leaves the panel and we go to more promos.
- We go back to the panel and there are some sound issues. Booker and Mathews run down tonight's matches. We hear a "yes!" chant out in the crowd. Alex Riley is out on the panel now. The sound is extremely bad now. Riley talks about the excitement among fans for Daniel Bryan. The crowd erupts as Lilian Garcia makes her way to the ring. Mathews shows us Michael Cole's recent interview with John Cena. We come back and Jerry Lawler is making his way out to ringside. The panel talks more about Cena vs. Wyatt. We get hype for The Shield vs. Kane and The New Age Outlaws now. We get a backstage promo from The Shield. They are united and ready to fight. We come back to the panel and Trish Stratus has replaced Jimmy Hart. She talks about the Hall of Fame and the Divas Invitational. Trish says it's time for a change when it comes to AJ Lee holding the Divas Title.
Elimination Match for the WWE Tag Team Titles: Cesaro & Jack Swagger vs. Los Matadores vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. The Usos
We go to the ring and Zeb Colter is in the ring for a promo. He introduces The Real Americans and out comes Cesaro and Jack Swagger. Michael Cole welcomes us to the Superdome. He's joined by JBL and Jerry Lawler. Ryback and Curtis Axel are out next. Los Matadores are out next with El Torito. WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos are out next with their big entrance.
Axel starts off with Jey Uso. They lock up and trade holds. Uso takes Axel down and a "we the people" chant starts up. Uso and Axel trade chops. Cesaro avoids a tag from Axel. Axel with a big dropkick on Uso. Ryback tags in and bullies Uso around. Uso fires back but catches a big boot. Ryback readies for a Meathook clothesline but Diego tags himself in and steals a 2 count. Uso goes at it with Diego now. Jimmy Uso tags in for some double teaming. Uso and Diego trade holds. Fernando tags in for some double teaming. 2 count on Uso. Cesaro tags himself in and hits Fernando with uppercuts. Swagger tags in for a big double team in the corner. Swagger levels Fernando for a 2 count. Another "we the people" chant starts up. Fernando with a springboard back elbow and some moves off the ropes. Swagger catches him in mid-air but they both tumble out to the floor. Cesaro gets sent to the floor. Uso sends Ryback to the floor. Fernando dropkicks Uso to the floor. Los Matadores leap out from the top onto everyone else on the floor. El Torito hits the ring and starts jumping on the ropes. He goes up but Axel throws him to the mat. Axel climbs to the top but Matadores stop him. Torito ends up knocking Axel and Matadores out onto everyone else on the floor. All teams are down at ringside. Swagger and one of the Matadores come back in. Swagger hits a superplex into a Patriot Lock and Los Matadores are eliminated.
Uso goes at it with Swagger. Uso blocks a Patriot Lock. They go at it until Axel cuts them off. Ryback comes back in and lifts Uso for a long vertical suplex. Ryback with a 2 count. Ryback with a slam. He comes off the top with a splash. Axel tags in and also hits a splash on Uso for a 2 count. More tags by Ryback and Axel as they keep Uso in their corner. Ryback ends up on the floor and Axel comes in. Uso fights back. Swagger comes in and has a Swagger Bomb blocked by Uso. Ryback comes in with spinebusters. He calls for the clothesline on Swagger and nails it. Ryback goes for Shellshocked on Swagger but Cesaro tags in and makes the save. Ryback sends Swagger to the floor and drop Cesaro. Cesaro nails a huge uppercut on Ryback out of nowhere. Cesaro with the Neutralizer on Ryback for the elimination. Ryback and Axel are eliminated.
Both teams face off in the ring. We get a big "we the people" and they go at it. They end up on the floor and the Usos leap out with splashes. Cesaro ends up in the ring with Jimmy and has a Neutralizer blocked by a jackknife pin. They trade holds and Cesaro goes for the Cesaro Swing but Uso blocks it. Cesaro hits the other Uso with a big uppercut and brings him in. Swagger tags in but they miss a double team move. Uso leaps off the top and takes them both off for a 2 count on Swagger. Swagger blocks the splash in the corner and applies the Patriot Lock. They struggle but Swagger gets it locked in. Cesaro runs in and blocks the other Uso. Cesaro hits a big uppercut. The other Uso with a Samoan Drop on Cesaro. Fans chant "this is awesome" as Cesaro waits for a tag. Both teams tag in. Cesaro runs into Swagger after a throw from Uso and knocks Swagger off the apron. Usos hit a double team move on Cesaro. They go to separate corners and splash Cesaro at the same time for the win.
Winners: The Usos
- After the match, The Usos celebrate with their titles before heading up the ramp. Zeb Colter is in the ring with Cesaro, who is still down. Swagger comes in and yells at Cesaro for losing the match and knocking him off the apron. Fans start chanting for Cesaro. Zeb tries to calm Swagger down. Swagger applies the Patriot Lock on Cesaro, briefly before Zeb stops him. Zeb and Swagger argue. Zeb tells Swagger to shake hands and apologize. Swagger extends his hand and fans boo. Fans chant "no" as Cesaro gets to his feet. They shake hands but Cesaro tackles him and does a big Cesaro Swing. Zeb looks on and throws a fit in the corner. Cesaro sends Swagger flying and the crowd pops. Cesaro gets the crowd hype and they do a big "we the people" as he makes his exit to the Real Americans theme. Cesaro heads up the ramp and looks back at the ring smiling.
- We go back to the panel and they talk about the match. Trish talks about Lita going into the WWE Hall of Fame. We get hype for the Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational next. Riley predicts Tamina will win. Trish agrees and says it's her time to shine. Booker agrees that Tamina is the biggest threat but doesn't put anything past AJ Lee. Riley talks about looking forward to Triple H's entrance. They talk more about Bryan vs. Triple H as the crowd starts to roar in the background. We're under one minute away from WrestleMania XXX. Mathews thanks all of the guests who came by the panel and that's it for the pre-show.
- The WrestleMania XXX pay-per-view kicks off with a video package with a Mardi Gras theme. We're live from the Mercedes Benz Superdome in New Orleans as the fireworks go off. Michael Cole calls WrestleMania the greatest live entertainment event and welcomes us. Justin Roberts introduces tonight's host and out comes Hulk Hogan to a big pop.
Hogan makes his way to the ring and fans start chanting his name. Hogan welcomes us and calls it the Silverdome, not the Superdome. Hogan calls it the Silverdome twice and gets a boo on the second go-round. Hogan realizes he messes up and apologizes. He says he was just thinking about bodyslamming Andre the Giant. Nice save by Hogan. Hogan says some WrestleMania moments will be made tonight when all of a sudden the glass breaks. Out comes Steve Austin to a huge pop.
Austin gets in Hogan's face and asks the crowd for a hell yeah. He jokes that it's good to be in the Silverdome. Austin says usually when he's in a ring at WrestleMania, he's whipping someone's ass. Austin asks if the fans want him to open up a can on Hogan and they do. Austin says they had a good night at the Hall of Fame last night and he sat beside Hogan. Austin names off all the WrestleMania events he saw Hogan kicking ass in and gets a "what?" chant after each one. Austin said watching what Hogan did, he has nothing but respect and appreciates the living hell out of what Hogan did for the business. They shake hands. Hogan asks the crowd for a "hell yeah" for Austin and he gets a huge one. Austin says he wants to talk all night but it's time for the current crop of stars in WWE to come out and do what they do for the fans. Austin says to always remember that Austin 3:16 means I just whipped your ass. The Rock's music hits and out he comes to a huge pop.
The Rock warms up on the stage for a minute before making his way out. He hugs Hogan and Austin before hitting the turnbuckles. Fans chant "this is awesome" as Rock goes to speak. The Rock does his "finally" intro and the crowd pops again. Rock also jokes about the Superdome and laughs with Hogan. Rock says he doesn't see just two of the biggest Legends of all-time, not just two of the biggest icons of all-time, he sees his good buddy Austin and his childhood hero Hogan. Rock says he sees the two biggest names in the history of WWE. Rock talks about how facing them at WrestleMania impacted his career. Rock brings up John Cena and the crowd boos. Rock says Cena wouldn't be here if Hogan wasn't here 29 years ago. Rock brings up Daniel Bryan and a huge "yes!" chant starts. Rock says that doesn't happen unless Austin had the guts to cross the boss and whip his candy ass. Rock says those are facts. Rock jokes about WWE fans having birthdays 9 months after WrestleMania because of his electrifying performances. Rock sings a quick tune about WrestleMania. He says it's an honor to be here. He says it's boots to asses time, if you smell... Austin says that's the bottom line... and Hogan asks what we're gonna do. Hogan gets the Superdome name right this time and his music hits to end it. Austin calls for beers as Rock and Hogan hug. We get a beer bash with Hogan, Austin and Rock as Austin's music hits. Austin calls for more beers and we go to the announcers.
- We get a hype video for Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H.
Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
We go to the ring and Stephanie McMahon has a spotlight on her. She's introduced as one of the principle owners of WWE. Stephanie says she's honored to introduce the most powerful man in WWE. She gives him a grand introduction and we go to the entrance area. There's a giant skull with red eyes. Triple H is sitting on a throne with a huge helmet on. He has three women dressed up. They take off his armor and he removes his helmet. The women were actually Sasha Banks, Charlotte and Alexa Bliss from NXT. His normal theme plays now and Triple H heads to the ring.
Stephanie waits in the ring and claps as Triple H does his entrance. They wait as fans begin to chant "yes" and Daniel Bryan's music hits. Bryan comes out to a huge pop. Bryan gets a bigger chant going as he bounces down the ramp. Bryan hits the ring and fans continue to chant. His shoulder is still taped up. Fans chant for Bryan as Stephanie kisses Triple H and she leaves the ring.
The bell rings and here we go. Fans chant for Bryan as they stare each other down. They meet in the middle and Triple H extends his hand. Fans boo. Bryan kicks Triple H's hand and rolls him up for a 2 count. The lock up and Triple H takes it to the corner. Bryan turns it around with kicks. Triple H ducks the roundhouse and goes to the floor to regroup. Triple H takes his time and comes back in. Triple H goes to work on the arm now. Bryan breaks free and nails a dropkick. Bryan with a headlock takedown now. Triple H comes back with a big shoulder tackle and fans boo. Bryan with a knee to the gut and another headlock takedown for a 1 count. They trade holds on the mat now. Bryan with an uppercut and another. They go at it in the corner again. Triple H takes out Bryan's leg and he goes down. Triple H goes to use the ring post but Bryan blocks it. Bryan knocks Triple H off the apron. Bryan runs the apron ad leaps out, hitting a DDT into the floor and they land bad.
Bryan goes back to the top and leaps out but Triple H tries to throw him from the air to the barrier but they land hard again. Bryan brings Triple H back in for a 2 count. Stephanie talks trash from ringside. Bryan gets crotched on the top turnbuckle. Triple H knocks Bryan out to the floor. He takes the top off the announcers table. Triple H goes for the Pedigree on top of the table but Bryan fights back. Bryan gets dropped on the table by his arm and Triple H goes back to the ring as the referee counts. Bryan makes it back in and Triple H starts beating on him again. Triple H works on Bryan's arm again. They go at it in the ring. Bryan with a knee to the chest before sending Triple H over the top rope. Bryan runs the ropes and goes to leap out but Triple H decks him at the last second with a big forearm to the head. Triple H with a big slam on the apron. Triple H comes back in and waits as Stephanie yells at Bryan on the floor. Bryan makes it back in at the 9 count. Triple H with a crossface chicken-wing now. Triple H takes Bryan to the mat and applies a crossface submission.
Bryan breaks the hold but Triple H keeps control of the match. Triple H with another beatdown in the corner now. Bryan fights back and they trade right hands in the middle of the ring. Bryan takes Triple H down with a big forearm shot. More back and forth. Bryan blocks a German suplex and nails one of his own for a 2 count. Bryan hits another for another 2 count. Triple H goes for another chicken-wing but just tosses Bryan on his shoulder. Triple H with a 2 count. Triple H takes him up for a superplex but Bryan blocks it. They fight up top and fans start a "yes" chant. Bryan with a sunset flip powerbomb to the mat. Bryan with the running kicks in the corner. Triple H blocks the third with a hue clothesline. Bryan blocks a Pedigree and hits a jackknife pin for 2. Bryan with a kick to the head and Triple H goes down. Fans start chanting as Bryan goes up top. Bryan leaps off but Triple H gets his knee up. Triple H with another crossface submission.
The crowd gets quiet as Triple H keeps the hold locked. Bryan finally turns it around and gets the Yes Lock barely applied. Triple H finally makes it to the bottom rope and breaks the hold. HHH goes to the floor but Bryan leaps out with a big dive and sends him into the barrier. Bryan nails another big dive. Bryan with kicks against the barrier now. Bryan brings it back in the ring and goes to the top. Bryan nails a missile dropkick. Bryan with kicks to the chest now. Bryan nails the roundhouse kick and covers for a 2 count. Triple H blocks the running knee with a big spinebuster. Triple H goes for the Pedigree and nails it but Bryan barely kicks out at 2. Stephanie looks on shocked. Stephanie cheers Triple H on. Bryan with a roll up for 2. HHH with more offense in the corner. Bryan blocks a Pedigree and gets a 2 count. Triple H goes for another Pedigree but Bryan blocks it. HHH starts dropping knees to the head. Bryan blocks another Pedigree attempt and nails a kick to the head. HHH ducks another kick. They counter. Bryan nails the knee to the head out of nowhere for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
- After the match, Daniel Bryan celebrates with the fans. Stephanie comes in the ring and starts slapping him hard in the face, repeatedly. Triple H nails Bryan from behind and lays him out. Triple H wraps Bryan's arm around the ring post and smacks him in the shoulder with a steel chair. Stephanie taunts Bryan as the referee and trainers check on him. Stephanie and Triple H make their way up the ramp as fans boo. We get replays. Triple H and Stephanie pose on the stage as fans boo. We see Bryan being helped up the ramp and he's clutching his shoulder.
The Shield vs. Kane and The New Age Outlaws
We go to the ring and out comes The New Age Outlaws. They talk about representing The Authority but The Shield's music cuts them off. The Shield make their way through the crowd and to the ring. The pyro explodes next and out comes Kane.
Dean Ambrose and Kane start off and they go at it. Roman Reigns tags in early and goes at it with Kane. Reigns takes out both of the Outlaws and Kane. Reigns hits a double dropkick from the floor on both Outlaws. Road Dogg gets a Superman punch. Kane grabs Reigns for a chokeslam but Seth Rollins leaps off the top and breaks it up. Rollins leaps out on the floor and takes out Kane. Ambrose stops a Fame-asser from happening on Reigns. Ambrose sends Dogg into the barrier. Reigns with a Superman punch to Billy Gunn. It's all over the place early in the match. They corner Billy Gunn but he slides out with Road Dogg. Ambrose and Rollins run the ropes and leap out onto them. Reigns spears Kane. Reigns with a double spear on the Outlaws. Rollins tags in. They manage to triple powerbomb Gunn and Dogg at the same time. Rollins covers Gunn for the surprising squash win.
Winners: The Shield
- We go backstage to Sgt. Slaughter, Ricky Steamboat in character and Hacksaw Jim Duggan playing with Slam City toys. A man in a suit takes it away and says it belongs to someone else. Ted DiBiase comes in and laughs about buying it. Ron Simmons says "damn!' and that's it for another rushed segment.
Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
We go to the ring and everyone is already out. Sheamus and Big Show get their own entrances. Yoshi Tatsu is the first one out and he wasn't announced ahead of time. Brad Maddox is the next man out. The Great Khali eliminates Brodus Clay next. Khali gets eliminated next. 3MB eliminate Zack Ryder. Darren Young is out next. Mark Henry tosses Rey Mysterio but he hangs on. Dolph Ziggler also hangs on. Henry eliminates Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre. Henry tosses Heath Slater next. Big Show eliminates Henry.
Show eliminates Titus next. Santino Marella pulls out his Cobra but The Miz tries to block it. Cesaro is in the match and wasn't announced before. He goes at it with Sheamus. Alberto Del Rio eliminates Santino. Damien Sandow is out next. Big E eliminates Justin Gabriel with a big powerbomb over the top. Rey and Sin Cara go at it. David Otunga also wasn't announced and he gets eliminated. Big E and Fandango go at it on the apron. Big E is eliminated. Fandango dances on the apron and fans start to do the Fandango. Sheamus grabs Fandango for the forearm shots to the chest on the apron. Sheamus hits about 30 shots to the chest and Fandango is eliminated.
Show eliminates R-Truth. Del Rio eliminates Goldust. Del Rio and Cody Rhodes go at it. Del Rio eliminates Cody. Tyson Kidd also got eliminated a few minutes ago by Del Rio. Rey with a 619 on Del Rio. Cesar blocks 619 and eliminates Rey with a huge uppercut. Show grabs Cesaro but Cesaro punches him in the face. Cesaro with a big uppercut on Ziggler. Cesaro sends Kofi flying out of the ring and to the steel steps. Kofi's feet stayed on the steps and never touched the floor so he's still in. Kofi comes back and has shots for everyone. Show grabs him for a chokeslam but Kofi nails Trouble in Paradise on him. Cesaro grabs Kofi and hits a lengthy Cesaro Swing. Show chokeslams Cesaro and the fans boo big time. Sheamus with a Brogue Kick on Show. Kofi gets eliminated by a Brogue. Ziggler with a big DDT on Sheamus. Ziggler gets the crowd hype and hangs on. Del Rio eliminates Ziggler with a big kick to the face. Fans boo. Sheamus and Del Rio brawl now. Del Rio with the cross armbreaker. Sheamus stands up with Del Rio still holding him. They both tumble over the top and are eliminated. It's down to Cesaro and Big Show. Show goes for a chokeslam but Cesaro slides out and hits uppercuts. Cesaro with a clothesline but Show won't go over the top. Cesaro tries clotheslines and uppercuts but show grabs him by the throat. Show tosses him but Cesaro hangs on. Cesaro goes to the top and Show chops him out of mid-air with a huge shot. Show goes to throw Cesaro out but Cesaro slides out and hits an uppercut. Cesaro scoops Show up off his feet which gets a huge pop. Cesaro slams Show over the top for the win.
- Cesaro is shocked after the win. Show sticks his hand through the ropes and they shake as fans pop. Cesaro raises his fist in the air as we go to replays. Officials bring out the statue and Cesaro kneels down with it. Cesaro manages to lift the big statue up and poses with it as we go back to the announcers.
- We get the Legacy video for Cena vs. Wyatt
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
We come back to the arena and fire starts shooting up from the stage. Dancers are dancing around with swords to the beat of drums. All of a sudden the Wyatts graphic flashes. Bray Wyatt appears on the screen and says they're here. Mark Crozer and his band start performing The Wyatt Family theme song as Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper make their way out.
The Wyatt Family hits the ring. Bray poses on his knees as John Cena's music hits to a big mixed reaction. Cena comes out to the stage and stares down at the ring. Cena salutes and runs down the ramp. The Wyatt Family just stares at him from the corner. The bell rings and here we go.
Bray drops to his knees and tells Cena to come finish him, too be the monster the people want him to be. Cena tells Bray to get up. Bray charges and Cena ducks. Cena takes Bray down with a headlock to boos. Cena with another takedown. Bray turns it around and works Cena over. Bray drops a knee and stomps away on Cena. Bray with a big forearm off the ropes. Bray whips Cena hard into the corner and he goes down. Cena comes back with a big clothesline and fans boo. Cena charges Bray and wails away on him. Cena backs off and Bray laughs. Cena goes back to beating on Bray. Rowan and Harper get on opposite sides of the ring on the apron. They back off and fans do dueling chants. Cena looks frustrated. Cena unloads on Bray in the corner some more. The referee has to pull Cena away. Cena with a big boot to the face and more right hands on Wyatt. An angrier side is coming out of Cena. Cena acts conflicted with himself. Bray comes back and drops Cena. Bray mounts him and talks trash.
Cena comes back with a dropkick. Wyatt catches him with a sleeper hold. Cena fights out and hits the shoulder tackles. Cena with the big slam. He goes for a Five Knuckle Shuffle and smiles at the crowd as they boo. Cena comes back to drop the fist but Bray is standing upside down and it freaks Cena out. Rowan distracts Cena and Bray lays him out for a 2 count. Bray gets the crowd to sing "the whole world, in his hands" just by moving his hands around. Wyatt keeps control of Cena. Cena manages to hit a big DDT out of the corner for a 2 count. Cena goes for the top rope leg drop but Wyatt catches him in a powerbomb for a 2 count. More back and forth. Cena hits the big slam and this time hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Bray blocks the Attitude Adjustment and slams Cena on his ribs for another 2 count. Bray with a big slam on the apron and another 2 count. We hear "the whole world..." starting up in the crowd again. Bray sings with them this time.
Bray takes Cena to the top for a superplex but Cena fights him off with headbutts. Wyatt hits the mat. Cena looks to leap to the mat but instead turns and splashes on Rowan and Harper out on the floor. Bray goes to the floor and takes control, sending Cena into the steel steps. Bray grabs part of the steps but Cena blocks it and unloads with right hands. Cena sends Bray into the ring post. Cena grabs part of the steps and has second thoughts and can't bring himself to hit Wyatt with them. They come back in the ring and Wyatt hits the big flying forearm for a 2 count. Bray sits down and holds Cena's head in his hands. Wyatt sings "the whole world..." and looks around. Wyatt goes for a big splash but Cena moves. Cena nails the Attitude Adjustment for a close 2 count. Rowan distracts the referee while Harper cracks Cena in the skull. Bray with a splash and another 2 count. Bray tosses Cena back out to the floor.
Cena tackles Harper and they go crashing through the timekeeper's area. Bray goes back to work on Cena and brings him in the ring. Bray turns upside down in the corner and the crowd pops. Cena blocks Sister Abigail and rolls Wyatt up and then into the STF. Fans boo. Wyatt grabs the bottom rope and breaks the hold. Wyatt hits Sister Abigail out of nowhere but Cena kicks out at 2. Wyatt looks surprised now. Wyatt goes out and takes apart the Spanish announce table. He grabs a steel chair and the referee warns him not to bring it in the ring. Bray brings it in and the referee argues. Rowan comes in to argue with the ref but he leaves. Bray tosses Cena the chair and tells him to use it. Another "the whole world" tune starts up in the crowd. The referee warns Cena. Wyatt begs Cena to hit him. Cena swings the chair but knocks Rowan off the apron. Back and forth. Cena blocks Sister Abigail and hits an Attitude Adjustment for the win.
Winner: John Cena
- After the match, Cena celebrates with fans as Rowan and Harper help Bray up the ramp. Cena goes ringside to celebrate with his friends and family. John Cena Sr. raises his hand. Cena also hugs The Rock's mom before heading to the back.
- Cole leads us into a look back at the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony. We come back to the Superdome and Howard Finkel introduces Michael & Daniel Moody on behalf of Paul Bearer, Mr. T, Carlos Colon, Jake Roberts, Lita and Razor Ramon. The Ultimate Warrior's music hits and he comes out last to be introduced.
- We go backstage and see Daniel Bryan having his shoulder worked on by trainers.
- Cole shows us the Spanish announcers, including Ricardo Rodriguez. Earlier we were shown the French announcers at ringside. Cole leads us to a video for The Streak.
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
We go to the ring and out first comes Brock Lesnar with Paul Heyman. They get a big pop. The lights go down and the druids start up as a video flashes looking at The Undertaker's WrestleMania victims. A casket is rolled out to the stage. The lights go out as Taker's gong begins. Taker comes walking out to a huge pop. We see the casket pop open on the stage as Lesnar looks on and Taker starts marching to the ring. Taker looks back at the casket and it explodes in flames for some reason. Taker continues heading to the ring.
Taker and Lesnar meet in the middle of the ring and the bell rings. They start brawling and Taker takes Lesnar to the corner. Taker gets reversed and Lesnar hits a big belly to belly suplex. Lesnar clotheslines Taker out tot he floor but Taker lands on his feet. Taker fights back in the ring but Lesnar hits knees to the gut. Lesnar with the forearms to the chest like Sheamus. Taker drops him over the top rope. Taker with more strikes in the corner. Taker works on the arm now. Taker sends Lesnar flying into the ring post shoulder first.
They fight outside of the ring and come back in. Lesnar blocks Old School and hits shoulder thrusts in the corner. Lesnar charges but Taker moves and Lesnar runs into the ring post. Taker sends Lesnar into the steps and boots his shoulder. The crowd doesn't seem into it much as they fight around ringside. Taker hits the big leg drop on the apron. Taker brings it back in and nails Snake Eyes. Taker goes for a chokeslam but Lesnar slides out. Lesnar goes for a F5 but Taker counters and sends Lesnar back into the corner. Taker misses a running boot and gets hung up in the corner. Brock slams Taker's leg into the ring post. Taker with an elbow to the face. Taker slams Taker by his leg hard on the floor. Lesnar brings it back in the ring and keeps control of Taker. Lesnar works on the leg but Taker tries to fight back. Lesnar knocks him back down and stomps as Heyman looks on. Lesnar with a boot to the throat now. Lesnar keeps up the assault and sends Taker into the barrier. Taker fights back but Lesnar whips him hard into the barrier again. Lesnar brings Taker back in and hits a suplex.
Lesnar continues beating Taker around. Taker manages to hit a big DDT out of nowhere finally. Lesnar runs into a big boot in the corner. Taker backs Lesnar into the corner and hits a big clothesline. Taker with another running clothesline. Taker scoops Lesnar and drops him for Snake Eyes again. Taker with a running big boot. The crowd wakes up some. Taker with a big leg drop and a 2 count. Taker goes for a chokeslam and nails it. Taker with a close 2 count. Taker goes for a Tombstone but Lesnar slides out. Lesnar nails a big F5 and covers for a 2 count. Taker can't seem to get up as Lesnar stands over him. Taker suddenly pulls Lesnar into a Hell's Gate submission. Taker tightens the hold but Lesnar breaks it with a powerbomb. Lesnar drags Taker back but Taker locks another Hell's Gate in. Lesnar breaks it again by lifting Taker for another big powerbomb.
Lesnar comes back and applies the Kimura Lock. Taker turns it around with a submission on Lesnar. They struggle but Taker keeps it tight. Lesnar grabs the bottom rope and breaks the hold. Lesnar with shots to the kidney now. Lesnar with shoulder thrusts in the corner. Lesnar runs into a big boot and goes down. Taker walks the rope for Old School but Lesnar grabs him off the rope and hits a F5 for a close 2 count. Lesnar with a German suplex to Taker and another. Heyman screams a pep talk at Lesnar as he unloads on Taker in the corner. Lesnar mounts Taker in the corner with right hands but Taker turns it into a Last Ride. Taker gets to his feet and waits. Taker scoops him for a Tombstone and nails it but Lesnar kicks out at 2.
Taker sits up, stands up and cuts his throat. Lesnar counters the Tombstone and turns it into a F5. He nails it for the win
Winner: Brock Lesnar
- Everyone is shocked. It looks like every single person in the crowd is just shocked and can't believe what they just saw. Heyman hits the ring and is freaking out that Lesnar won. Lesnar can't believe it but starts to smile. There are people in the crowd who look like they're about to be sick. Lesnar and Heyman hit the stage but get booed. Taker sits up in the ring after Lesnar leaves. Taker gets to his knees and fans start chanting his name. Taker struggles to get up as we see a 21-1 graphic on the big screen in the Superdome. Taker finally gets to his feet and we hear a loud "you suck" coming from a fan. All of the announcers stand at ringside and applaud Taker, who is still trying to get up and out of the ring. Taker heads up the ramp and holds his head high. Fans give him another big pop as his music hits.
Vickie Guerrero Divas Championship Invitational
We come back from a promo and the announcers talk like The Undertaker may be done. The ring is full of Divas as Lilian Garcia announces the rules. The first Diva to get a pin is the winner. WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee makes her way out to the ring. Vickie Guerrero is standing on a podium at ringside and wishes all the Divas good luck, especially AJ. The bell rings and the Divas surround Tamina Snuka and AJ. Fans are booing. They all go at it when the bell rings.
This match is all over the place. A bunch of Divas go for pins at the same time but the referee can't count them all. AJ drops Summer Rae face first in the corner. Cameron with knees to AJ's face. Cameron and Emma go at it. Emma dances and splashes Summer in the corner. Alicia Fox takes Emma out. Layla takes care of Alicia. Aksana slams Layla. Natalya slams Aksana. Rosa with a sideslam on Natalya. Naomi with the Rear View on Rosa. Tamina with a superkick on Naomi. Eva Marie pushes Tamina down and taunts her. Tamina gets up and chases Eva until she slides out of the ring and hits the floor. Brie Bella takes care of Tamina. Nikki Bella joins her and they dropkick what looks like AJ off the apron. The Bellas run the ropes and dive out onto the other Divas. They come back in and have some tension. They go at it and Nikki hits her finisher on Brie but the other Divas break the pin up. Alicia with a big tilt-a-whirl slam on Nikki. Natalya takes out Layla and Alicia. Tamina with a Samoan Drop on Natalya. The crowd is dead for this one. Tamina goes for the big splash but Naomi knocks her off the top. Aksana climbs up in the corner with Naomi for a superplex but Natalya sends them both to the mat. Natalya with a 2 count. Natalya and Tamina go at it on the floor. AJ and Naomi are left in the ring. AJ gets the Black Widow applied and Naomi taps out.
Winner: AJ Lee
- We go backstage to Hulk Hogan and Mean Gene Okerlund. This leads to Paul Orndorff and Roddy Piper coming in. They argue about the WrestleMania I main event and in comes Mr. T and then Pat Patterson in a referee shirt. Hogan says it's time to bury the hatchet and they do after Piper hesitates shaking T's hand.
- We see Bruno Sammartino, Harley Race, Bob Backlund, Dusty Rhodes and Bret Hart at ringside.
WWE World Heavyweight Title Match: Batista vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton
We go to the ring and out comes WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton with Rev Theory performing his theme song. Batista is out next to boos and it looks like they botched his pyro. Out last comes Daniel Bryan and he's ready to fight.
We get formal ring introductions from Justin Roberts. Bryan gets a big pop and a chant. Batista gets booed and there's a mostly positive reaction for Orton. Batista takes Orton out and goes to powerbomb Bryan but it's countered. Bryan with kicks in the corner. Orton slams Bryan by his injured arm and goes to work on it. Batista with thrusts in the corner on Orton now. Batista with a clothesline. Orton counters a slam and hits a backbreaker. Orton knocks Bryan off the apron. Batista sends Orton out to the floor. Batista slams Orton into the apron and then the announce table. Batista whips Orton into the barrier. Orton fights back on the floor and turns it around on Batista. Batista sends him into the steps.
Orton counters and backdrops Batista on the steel steps. Orton takes control on the floor and brings it back in for a 2 count. Bryan comes out of nowhere with a double missile dropkick. Bryan hulks up and hits both men with kicks as the fans chant. Orton blocks the roundhouse and tosses Bryan on his shoulder for a 2 count as Batista makes the save. Batista with a powerslam on Orton for a 2 count as Bryan breaks the pin. Batista stomps Bryan and beats on him in the corner as fans boo. Bryan trips Batista into the turnbuckle and we've definitely seen better WrestleMania crowds. Bryan with several dropkicks in the corner for both of them. Batista ends up on the top but Orton climbs for a superplex. Bryan is down on the outside. Orton with headbutts before nailing the superplex.
Bryan comes flying out of nowhere again. He gets the Yes Lock applied but Triple H and Stephanie McMahon come through he crowd. Triple H yanks the referee out of the ring. Bryan stares Triple H down and turns around to a spinebuster. Crooked referee Scott Armstrong appears and enters the ring. Batista with a Batista Bomb on Bryan but Bryan kicks out at 2. Fans start a "yes" chant. Batista charges but Bryan moves and he hits the ring post. Triple H tells the referee to do something to Bryan. Bryan kicks the referee in the head. Bryan leaps out onto Triple H, Stephanie and Armstrong, taking them down. Fans chant "yes" all over the building now. Triple H grabs a sledgehammer from under the ring but Bryan hits him on the apron. Bryan grabs the sledgehammer and nails Triple H in the face, sending him off the apron. Bryan rolls Batista up but Orton breaks it. The original referee is back now. Orton knocks Bryan to the floor and follows. Orton beats Bryan up outside of the ring.
Batista and Orton team up to beat down Bryan on the floor. Orton rams him with the steel steps. Orton and Batista come face to face before Batista starts taking apart all three announce tables. Orton helps him as Bryan lays on the floor. Batista decks Bryan in the head with a monitor. Fans were booing and doing a "no!" chant. Fans chant for CM Punk now. Batista takes Bryan on top of the announce table. Orton climbs on the other one. They do a Batista Bomb into a RKO through the announce table and both Bryan and Orton land hard. There's a brief "holy shit" chant. Orton actually landed pretty bad on his back right on top of a monitor it looked like. Trainers check on Bryan and Orton before calling the stretchers out. Batista takes a cheap shot on Orton. They put a neck brace on Bryan. Batista tosses Orton into the barrier. Batista continues beating Orton around the ring. The announcers say Bryan hasn't moved or opened his eyes..
Batista brings Orton in the ring but Orton backdrops him and turns it around. Bryan is loaded on a stretcher. Orton with a draping DDT from the apron. Bryan stops and rolls off the stretcher as fans chant "yes" and he crawls back to the ring. Orton comes over and sends Bryan into the steps. Orton brings Bryan in the ring and fans chant Bryan's name. Orton poses and the fans boo. Orton readies for the RKO. Bryan blocks it and goes for the Yes Lock. Bryan gets it locked but Batista breaks the hold. Bryan pulls Batista into the Yes Lock next. Orton breaks the hold this time. Orton tosses Bryan into the corner. Orton beats Batista down now. Orton readies for the RKO on Batista but it's blocked. Bryan catches a spear and ends up on the floor. Orton hits the RKO on Batista but he kicks out at 2. Bryan nails the flying knee on Orton. Batista tosses Bryan to the floor and steals the pin on Orton but he kicks out right before 3. Batista hits a Batista Bomb on Orton but Bryan nails the knee on Batista. Bryan puts the Yes Lock on Batista for the win.
Winner and New WWE World Heavyweight Champion: Daniel Bryan
- As soon as the bell hits the crowd goes nuts with "yes!" chants as Bryan grabs both titles and celebrates. Bryan drops to his knees and chants with a belt in each hand. Cole says there is the new face of WWE. Bryan goes and stands on top of the announce table and celebrates as the fireworks go off on the stage. Bryan hits the ring as it fills with confetti. Bryan has a little girl brought into the ring and he hugs her. Another woman comes in the ring and it looks like it may have been 2 family members, his sister and niece. Bryan hits the turnbuckles again and poses with his belts as fans chant. Bryan drops back to his knees and looks around as the confetti continues to fall. Bryan raises his titles up again and continues the chant. Michael Cole thanks us and says goodnight from New Orleans as WrestleMania goes off the air.
Must See WrestleMania XXX Photos and Breaking News, Feuds Planned for Batista, RAW Spoilers, Lots of Diva Party Pics from NOLA, More