Full Report by Prowrestling.net
WWE NXT Results 6/19/14
Jun 19, 2014 - 11:31:59 PM
A video package recapped last week's main event featuring Tyson Kidd attempting to use a chair, but Natalya stopping him before Adrian Neville won the match and retained the title… Backstage at Raw, Nattie was talking with JBL and she suggested Tyson team up with Sami Zayn. JBL liked the idea… The opening video played…
In the arena, the commentators welcomed viewers and the crowd chanted "NXT!" Sasha Banks made her entrance accompanied by NXT Women's Champion Charlotte and Summer Rae. Alexa Bliss was out next. The commentators mentioned last week's backstage altercation between the ladies leading to this match.
1. Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks (w/ The BFFs). Sasha got the first takedown, but Bliss took her down with a wheelbarrow armdrag. Bliss got a two-count with a tilt-a-whirl small package and followed up with a monkey flip. Bliss went for another tilt-a-whirl but Sasha stopped her momentum with a backbreaker. Sasha used a nice surfboard stretch and followed up with some Liger-esque transitions. At ringside, Summer and Charlotte were bickering which allowed Alexa to get the win with an O'Connor roll.
Alexa Bliss beat Sasha Banks in about 3:30.
Summer and Charlotte started to fight and Sasha got involved. The crowd fired up with "Fight!" chants and then chanted "Triple Threat!"… Backstage, Tyson Kidd and Natalya were talking. Kidd was upset that Nattie stopped him from "winning" last week. Nattie said it was cheating. Kidd wasn't thrilled about having a tag title shot with Zayn but left Nattie to go prepare some tag stuff… [C]
Backstage, a vintage 1920's style video showed edited together footage of Aiden English and Simon Gotch talking backstage as they post-produced the voice into it… In the arena, Mojo Rawley made his entrance.
2. Mojo Rawley vs. Garrett Dylan. Mojo went right after Dylan. The commentators talked about Dylan's improvements at the WWEPC before Dylan cut Mojo off and took control. Dylan did the Stan Hansen call but didn't do much more than a bunch of back clubs. He settled into an abdominal stretch before Mojo fought out and made his comeback. He hit the Butt-Butt and Hyperdrive for the win…
Mojo Rawley squashed Garrett Dylan in about 3:40.
Backstage, Sami Zayn was talking with Tyson Kidd and said they're both coming off of a couple of tough losses, so it's their time to win the tag titles… [C]
Back in the arena, CJ Parker was walking around with a sign that said "Eat Local, Think Global."… Ring announcer Eden announced that Tyler Breeze had entered the building… The lights cut out and a '20s style theme took over the screen. Aiden English introduced them through a big cone before vaudeville music hit and they made their way to the ring in a manner that can best be described as vintage. The crowd let out with a huge "Yes" chant after it concluded.
3. The Vaudevillains vs. Angelo Dawkins and Travis Tyler. Gotch got the better of Dawkins with some funny strongman-style stuff. English and Tyler tagged in and English worked the arm. That continued until Gotch hit a rolling fireman's slam and English came off the second rope with a senton for the win…
The Vaudevillains over Dawkins and Tyler in about 3:10.
Backstage, Devin Taylor welcomed Colin Cassady to the set. Cassady said thing's have been going smooth as fine grain leather for "Big Cass," but something's missing. He sang "When the moon hits your eye…" but stopped short before saying "Amore." Hmm… Scott Stamford hyped Tyler Breeze vs. Kalisto up next… [C]
Backstage, RVD said he was there to see what NXT is all about. He said he's found the best guy. He challenged Adrian Neville to a match… Back in the arena, Kalisto made his entrance. Tyler Breeze was out next.
4. Tyler Breeze vs. Kalisto. Breeze stalled for the first minute. Regal didn't know who Seth Rogen was and Phillips answered "he's a fat guy." Breeze settled into a headlock at the two-minute mark and sat in it for the next two minutes. Literally. Kalisto finally fought back with some impressive tricky offense. He feigned a dive to the outside and stood tall (short) in the ring as Breeze took a powder at ringside. The commentators threw to a commercial.
No commercial played, but it skipped ahead and the commentators welcomed viewers back to NXT. Breeze was suddenly back in control in the ring. WTF? Breeze settled back into a headlock before he busted out a high-spot of a knee to the gut. Kalisto got a hope spot but Breeze just kept working his super slow offense. He settled right back into a chancery and the crowd booed loudly and chanted "headlock." A minute later, Kalisto hit a kick to the head from the mat and came off the rope with a high springboard crossbody.
Both guys were down to a count of nine before they traded punches. A guy in the crowd yelled "time to go home, boys" before Kalisto hit his rolling kick to the head for a near-fall. Kalisto managed to evade the offense of Breeze a few times but Breeze finally connected with the Beauty Shot for the pinfall…
Tyler Breeze defeated Kalisto in about 10:30.
Scott Stamford hyped Kidd and Zayn vs. The Ascension up next... [C]
Back in the arena, the commentators hyped Rob Van Dam vs. Adrian Neville for next week's show. Tyson Kidd made his entrance, followed by Sami Zayn. The Ascension were out next. Charles Robinson was the referee for the match.
5. Tyson Kidd and Sami Zayn vs. The Ascension for the NXT Tag Team Championships. Viktor got the better of Zayn before Zayn fired back with a leapfrog and a jumping heel kick. The Ascension managed to isolate Zayn however, and they kept control of the match. The crowd was super into The Ascension with "yah" chants while they're working over Zayn. Unreal. Kidd looked at them like they're crazy.
Zayn almost managed to tag out around the 2:30 mark as the crowd rallied behind Zayn with "Ole" chants, but Viktor pulled him back and planted him with a back suplex. Kidd hopped off the apron and went to the ramp. Meanwhile, Zayn fought back and hi the double-jump crossbody before going for the tag and realizing Kidd wasn't there. Konnor charged in and crushed Zayn in the corner before The Ascension hit the Fall of Man for the win.
The Ascension retained the NXT Tag Titles in about 4:00.
The commentators couldn’t figure out why Kidd did what he did. A replay showed the final moments of the match as The Ascension were still over Zayn's body in the ring. Kidd walked out of the arena as The Ascension left the ring to close the show…
Full Report by Prowrestling.net