Full Report by Prowrestling.net
WWE NXT Results 5/22/14
May 22, 2014 - 11:38:30 PM
[Q1] After titles, ring announcer Eden introduced the "Win or Go Home" match between Bo Dallas and Big E. She explained that Dallas would receive a future NXT title shot should he win, but would be forced to leave NXT should he loose.
Dallas came out first, and grabbed a mic in the ring. He addressed his Bolievers, and said he has always told them to never give up, and to follow their dreams. He claimed he would do both of those things tonight. He then said that since he was the longest reigning champion in NXT history, he will now be rechristened "Mr. NXT". He called the Cult of Full Sail his family, and promised to never leave them. He closed with "Don't Stop Bolieving" before Big E made his entrance. He started up a few good ol' "Five" chants before the bell rang...
1. Big E vs. Bo Dallas in a "Win or Go Home" match. Dallas was in dodge mode early on, rolling to the outside several times after being dominated by Big E. He eventually managed to clip Big E at the knee, slamming his head into the ring steps a few times before we went to commercial... [C]
[Q2] Big E was back in the driving seat when we returned, hitting shoulder blocks and a belly to belly throw before levelling Dallas with the running body check. He hoisted Dallas up for the Big Ending, but Bo countered with a reverse DDT. He went for the rebound bulldog, but Big E threw him off before launching him with another belly to belly.
Big E wound up for the running big splash, only for Dallas to get his knees up. Bo nailed the double arm DDT, but only got a two count. Dallas got frustrated, and threw his wrist rape to the mat in order to distract the ref, allowing him to remove the turnbuckle pad. Big E was savvy to it however, throwing Dallas backwards into the exposed steel before putting him down with the Big Ending for the 1-2-3...
Big E defeated Bo Dallas in 5:56.
The crowd popped as Rich Brennan said "Goodbye Bo Dallas!". Big E left fairly quickly, and after the replays aired, Dallas was shown freaking out in the ring. He shouted "This is my home" before sitting in the corner and wailing...
After a Payback advert, a "During the Break" video aired, showing Dallas kicking the ring steps and hurting his ankle. The fans chanted "Bo-leave" as he made his way up the ramp. Dallas grabbed a mic on the stage, and said "I want you all to know, from the bottom of my heart – I strongly dislike everyone of you. I don't usually use language like this, but you people... stink. Y'all should have just Bolieved".
It dissolved into a "You leave!" - "You leave!" back and forth before Dallas said he would be the bigger man and leave first. After he left, a "Thank you Bo" chant started...
Tamina Snuka made her way out before Paige received a big ovation for her entrance...
2. Paige vs. Tamina Snuka. Both women were super aggressive out of the gate. Tamina gained the upper hand after Paige forgot that you can't headbutt Samoans. She targeted Paige's back in the build up to a torture rack. Paige managed to fight out with elbows, and managed to gain a foothold with a running knee while Tamina was up against the ropes. She kicked Tamina in the stomach to set up something, only for Tamina to hoist her onto the top rope and push her to the outside.
Once Tamina had thrown Paige back into the ring, she went for a Superfly Splash. Paige seemed to look to boot her in the face, but didn't get her feet up high enough. Tamina thought about selling the move, but instead retreated to the corner. When she lurched forward, Paige rolled her up for the win... [C]
Paige defeated Tamina Snuka in 5:40.
[Q3] Camacho came out to silence, but Adam Rose managed to generate a fair amount of noise...
3. Adam Rose vs. Camacho. Rose ran straight at Camacho, only to be outpowered. Rose managed to slide between the ropes, and kicked Camacho away with the newly dubbed "Rose pedal". After Rose landed a few corner punches, Camacho put him down with a Samoan drop. He followed up shortly after with a double underhook suplex and a legdrop for a two count. He bounced Rose's head off of the turnbuckles a few times, which only fired up Rose.
Rose hit a double A spinebuster, before hitting a cornered Camacho with an elbow and a bronco buster. Rose got the crowd to start clapping in anticipation of the Party Foul, but Camacho threw him off and rolled to the outside. Camacho mean mugged Rose from the outside, but declined to get back in the ring. The ref counted to 10 ...
Adam Rose defeated Camacho in 4.14 via countout.
Camacho said something about "My time" before Rose got the party started again...
As Sasha Banks made her way out with Charlotte, a backstage video popped in, with Charlotte saying that while she hopes Sasha beats Natalya tonight, she doesn't know if she has the heart to expose Banks' weaknesses should the meet in the final.
4. Natalya vs. Sasha Banks in the Semi Finals of the NXT Women's Title Tournament. Natalya was all over the opening minutes, until Banks managed to force her into the corner and hit her with a double knee drop to the stomach. Banks locked in a straight jacket hold, but Natalya managed to break loose and fight back with a double underhook suplex.
Her advantage didn't last long however, as Banks put her down with a bulldog. Banks sold that she had landed awkwardly on the bulldog, rolling to the outside. Charlotte shouted at her to get back into the ring, eventually throwing her back inside herself. As Banks told her not to touch her, Natalya upended her and locked in the Sharpshooter. Banks tapped...
Natalya defeated Sasha Banks in 4.08 to advance to the final of the NXT Women's Title Tournament.
Charlotte looked on shocked, and didn't help Banks out of the ring while Natalya celebrated... [C]
[Q4] The seldom seen Curt Hawkins came out to relatively little noise. I was completely distracted during Adrian Neville's entrance by the fact that Eden apparently nailed the pronunciation of "Newcastle". Bravo! . .
5. Adrian Neville vs. Curt Hawkins. After a nice amount of back and forth, Neville took control first with a running dropkick, and then with a missile dropkick. Following a running back elbow, Hawkins landed in position for the Red Arrow, and Neville quickly hit it...
Adrian Neville defeated Curt Hawkins in 2.21.
After the match, Tyson Kidd's music hit. He got in the ring with a mic, and ran down a list of his accomplishments, including winning the WWE Tag Team Titles and appearing at Wrestlemania. He said he wants that feeling back, and the NXT Title will be his launch pad.
Neville claimed that if Kidd thought he would be using NXT as a launch pad, he had another thing coming. NXT was the future, so therefore, he (Neville) was the future. He told Kidd the only person in Kidd's family taking home gold at NXT Takeover would be his wife, "as usual". The crowd "oooo"'d as the two men squared up to each other. The commentators plugged NXT Takeover as Kidd retreated up the ramp and NXT came to a close...
Full Report by Prowrestling.net