Full Report by Prowrestling.net
WWE NXT Results 4/17/14
Apr 18, 2014 - 1:15:22 AM
The opening video played… Inside the NXT Arena, Colin Cassady made his entrance. Tom Phillips, Renee Young, Byron Saxton, and William Regal checked in on commentary. Aiden English made his return to NXT and sang himself to the ring as usual and Regal nearly lost it on commentary. A fan chanted for an encore and English replied "you wish."
1. Colin Cassady vs. Aiden English. English tried to take the upper hand but Big Cass took control very early. Cassady hit a running knee and a boot to the head for a two count. English backed out to the apron and kicked out Big Cass' knee to take the momentum. Around the four minute mark, English went for the Directors Cut but Cassady reversed. He looked to hit a swinging side slam, but English rolled him up with a handful of trunks for the win…
Aiden English pinned Colin Cassady in about 4:12.
Backstage, Tyler Breeze made Devin Taylor introduce him in a ridiculous manner. He said that he just came to add a bit of gorgeous, and then walked off set… Scott Stanford hyped the main event of Adrian Neville vs. Brodus Clay… [C]
A video package recapped Paige's main roster debut and Divas' Championship win… Backstage at Raw, Tom Phillips interviewed Paige. She said it still doesn’t feel real. She said her 9 year dream has been fulfilled. Phillips said that with both titles, she has a pretty big target on her back. Paige said that when she won the titles, she got hugs and congratulations from the other girls, but she knows that they're conniving behind her back. She singled out Sasha Banks, Charlotte, and AJ Lee. She said that she isn't going to get complacent because she knows they’ll be coming after one or both of her titles. She said she looks forward to them trying…
Back in the arena, Camacho made his entrance. A replay from last week showed Camacho's confrontation with Oliver Grey last week, and the commentators seemed to be building heat between Camacho and Adam Rose. Oliver Grey was out next.
2. Camacho vs. Oliver Grey. The commentators mentioned Grey's year on the shelf with the knee injury. Camacho took control early. He hit a running powerslam for two shortly after the minute mark. He hit a running Samoan drop for the win…
Camacho defeated Oliver Grey in about 2:00.
Backstage, Devin Taylor interviewed Bo Dallas. He said that the Bo-lievers didn't want to do anything unlawful and that’s why they didn’t occupy NXT with him last week. He said that the Bo movement will never die, and then forced his smile. He implored Devin, "don’t stop Bo-lieving…" [C]
NXT Tag Champions The Ascension made their entrance.
3. The Ascension vs. Wesley Blake and Cal Bishop. Konnor ran through Blake with multiple shoulder blocks before Viktor went to work on him outside the ring. Back in the ring, Konnor brooded over Blake before hitting stomps which enticed a "one more 'yah'" chant. The Ascension hit the Fall of Man for the win…
The Ascension squashed Blake and Bishop in about 2:20.
Backstage, Devin Taylor asked Sasha Banks about her two consecutive losses. Sasha began to speak, but Charlotte cut her off and said that giving her the reigns was an epic fail. Charlotte said that next week, they had a tag match against Emma and a partner of her choosing. Sasha tried to agree with Charlotte, but Sharlotte but her in her place and said she was the boss now… [C]
CJ Parker made his entrance. He cut a promo about how he lays awake at night wondering what the planet would be like if there were no NXT Universe. He said it'd be a place he'd be proud to call home; no litter, no animals in zoos, no SUV's (only feul-effieciency). He asked how they can boo a guy who cares. The Great Khali's music hit and he lumbered to the ring.
4. CJ Parker vs. The Great Khali. Khali just chopped and slapped, but the crowd ate it up because Parker was getting his ass kicked. Parker ducked out to ringside and then took out Khali's knee to take control back in the ring. He told the referee he just wants to change the worls and flashed a big peace sign. The crowd started a "global warming" chant before Khali chopped Parker out of mid-air. He hit the Punjabi Plunge for the win moments later…
The Great Khali beat CJ Parker in about 2:30.
A backstage exclusive with Emma has her teasing that she may or may not have a partner for next week's tag match… Another with Sami Zayn focused on his head injury. Sami said that he could've hung in there against Graves but the ref made the call he made. Zayn said next week, he would team up with the Usos against Graves and The Ascension next week. Zayn said Graves made it personal and guaranteed that he'd be 100 percent for next week's match…
The new tag team of Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan made their entrance. Their opponents were already in the ring.
5. Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan vs. Baron Corbin and Sawyer Fulton. Dillinger and Graves hit some nice tag team offense. Dillinger was in control until Corbin reversed with a clothesline and tagged in Fulton. Corbin and Fulton worked over Dillinger for the next few minutes before he made the hot tag to Jordan. He went to work and hit a nice high dropkick. Moments later, the duo hit a fireman's carry/DDT combo (the Snapshot) for the win…
Dillinger and Jordan beat Corbin and Fulton in about 4:30.
Scott Stanford hyped the main event next…
Brodus Clay made his entrance. NXT Champion Adrian Neville was out next.
6. Brodus Clay vs. Adrian Neville in a non-title match. Clay shoved Neville to the mat, but Neville fired back and went to work with kicks and shots in the corner. He used his quickness to get the better of Clay. He used his up-and-over handspring and then dove off the top rope, but Clay caught him and tossed him overhead with a T-bone suplex. Clay hit a heart punch for a two count and then settled into a nerve hold.
Clay hit a Banzai drop for another two-count. Clay went for the powerbomb, but Neville backed himself into the corner. Clay maintained momentum however and Neville was struggling to stand. Clay settled into another nerve hold before the crowd rallied behind Neville. Neville fought out with leg kicks and a jawbreaker. Neville fought out of the powerbomb again and hit a running dropkick to Clay's knee. Neville hit a high kick from the apron and followed up with the Styles flying forearm. Neville went back to the top rope and landed on his feet when Clay avoided the 450 splash.
Action spilled to ringside where Clay hit a bodyslam. Clay climbed onto the ringsteps and dove off for a splash, but Neville evaded. Neville made it back into the ring at the nine-count and Clay wasn't able to make it back in.
Adrian Neville defeated Brodus Clay by countout in about 6:30.
Post-match, Neville dropkicked Clay off the apron. Clay backed up the ramp and the show closed with Neville holding the NXT Championship in the ring…
Full Report by Prowrestling.net