Posted in: PPV TNA Sacrifice PPV Results 5/13/12
By Marc Middleton
May 13, 2012 - 10:51:19 PM
- The 2012 TNA Sacrifice pay-per-view opens up with Earl Hebner trying to get Bobby Roode's World Heavyweight Title belt so he can hang it high for the Ladder Match tonight. Roode rants on Hulk Hogan and says to tell Hogan he will be getting that belt back tonight. Roode tells Hebner to get out and we go to the Sacrifice opening video.
- We're live from the Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida as Mike Tenay hypes up tonight's main event.
TNA Tag Team Title Match: Daniels and Kazarian vs. Samoa Joe and Magnus
Out first comes Daniels and Kazarian followed by the TNA Tag Team Champions Magnus and Samoa Joe. Daniels starts things out with Magnus and they lock up, trading holds. Magnus takes control but Daniels turns it around in the corner. Magnus comes back again and hits a big suplex. Joe gets in some right hands before tagging in. Joe beats Daniels down in the corner.
Kazarian comes in but Joe keeps control of the match. Joe and Magnus keep with the quick tags and hit some double team moves. Magnus covers Kazarian for 2. The challengers take control after Daniels gets in a cheap shot. Now the challengers keep with quick tags and double team moves. We see Joseph Park, the brother of Abyss in the crowd.
Magnus finally hits a big clothesline and tags in Joe. Joe unloads on Daniels. Daniels misses a moonsault. Kaz comes in and Joe works him over also. Joe dumps Kaz and hits a big urinagi on Daniels. They double team Joe and Kaz hits a big jumping DDT. Daniels with a takedown and a 2 count on Joe. They go to double team Magnus now and Joe makes the save. Daniels goes for the Best Moonsault Ever but Magnus moves. Double teaming by the champs now. Joe with a pele. Magnus drops on Daniels but Kaz breaks the pin. Magnus goes to finish Daniels when Kaz takes his leg out from behind. Kaz stops Joe from coming in and takes out Magnus for the win and the titles.
Winners and New TNA Tag Team Champions: Daniels and Kazarian
- We go Tenay and Taz, who want the fans to get involved on Facebook and Twitter tonight. Tenay claims that the Sacrifice hashtag is already trending worldwide on Twitter.
- We get a video for tonight's Knockouts Title match.
TNA Knockouts Title Match: Brooke Tessmacher vs. Gail Kim
Out first comes Brooke Tessmacher for the next match. The TNA Knockouts Champion Gail Kim is out next.
Gail attacks before the bell rings. They go at it and Tessmacher hits some high impact moves early on. Tessmacher tries to do Eat Defeat and Gail blocks it. Tessmacher with another dropkick and a second rope clothesline out of the corner. Tessmacher goes for Eat Defeat for a third time but Gail blocks it. Gail turns it around and takes control on the apron now.
Gail works over Tessmacher and hits a big backbreaker, turning it into a submission. Tessmacher breaks the hold and Gail drops her with a big clothesline. Tessmacher turns it around in the corner with a big boot and then clotheslines. Tessmacher slams Gail hard with a face plant. Tessmacher hits an elbow from up top but Gail kicks out at 2. She finally hits Eat Defeat but Gail goes to the floor. Tessmacher brings her back in for 2. Gail rolls Tessmacher up and uses the ropes for leverage to get the win.
Winner: Gail Kim
- Jeremy Borash is backstage with new Tag Team Champions Kazarian and Daniels. They talk about how AJ Styles became the face of TNA by "whistling Dixie" but they got to the top by doing what we just saw. Daniels says AJ's nightmare is just beginning and the rest of the world now has permission to worship them.
TNA Television Title Match: Robbie E vs. Robbie T vs. Devon
We go to the ring and out comes Robbie E and Robbie T together. The TNA Television Champion Devon is out next. Devon strikes E first and dodges T. They get him in the corner and go for the double team but Devon blocks it. Devon knocks T out of the ring and goes to work on E.
Devon takes it to E until T pulls him out to the floor. Devon gets worked over and brought back in as there's some tension between E and T. T goes back to work on Devon but E pushes him off and says he's got this. They double team Devon in the corner again. T drops Devon and E covers him for the 2 count. More double teaming and another pin attempt by Robbie E. Devon makes a comeback and hits offense on E until he knocks him out of the ring. Robbie T attacks Devon from behind and hits a big running powerslam. T covers but E pulls the referee away and breaks the count. Robbie E and Robbie T have some words now. T gets mad and backs E into the corner. Devon splashes them both from behind and rolls Robbie T up for the win.
- After the match, Robbie E yells at Devon as he heads up the ramp with the TV Title. E backs into Robbie T in the ring. E turns around to a pissed off T. Robbie E jumps on T and starts hugging him. T falls for it and gives E a noogie. They're back friends again.
- We get a promo for tonight's match between Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson.
Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson
We go to the ring and Mr. Anderson is out first. He drops the mic and introduces himself. Jeff Hardy is out next to a decent reaction from the Impact Zone. They lock up and trade holds.
They fight out to the floor and Hardy slams Anderson's face into the steel steps. Hardy runs and leaps off the steps but Anderson moves and Hardy almost smacks the fan barrier. Hardy brings it back in the ring but Anderson kicks him in the face. Hardy connects with a jawbreaker and a Russian leg sweep. Hardy with the big leg drop for 2.
Anderson takes control of the match now and works Hardy over for several minutes. Anderson with several pin attempts. They collide and both go down. Hardy fights out of the corner and once again Anderson stops him. Hardy hits a pair of clotheslines and takes Anderson down. Hardy goes for a senton but Anderson moves. Anderson hits Twist of Fate on Hardy for a 2 count, trying to use his own move. Anderson goes to the top for a Swanton but Hardy puts his legs up. Hardy nails a Swanton now but Anderson kicks out at 2. They trade right hands. Hardy an inverted atomic drop but Anderson blocks the leg drop for a quick roll-up for the win. Anderson looks surprised he won and the win came out of nowhere.
Winner: Mr. Anderson
- After the match, Hardy has words with Earl Hebner about the pin. Hardy says he kicked out but Hebner says it was a pin. Anderson puts his hand out and Hardy shakes it. They embrace as we go to replays. The replays show that Hardy kicked out. Tenay and Taz wonder if Hulk Hogan will make Anderson #1 contender but it looks like they legitimately messed up that finish.
- Christy Hemme is backstage with Austin Aries and fan questions from Twitter. Aries says he's not afraid of Bully Ray and talks about how he's going to win their match later tonight.
- Tenay shows us last Thursday's Impact Wrestling when Abyss made his return.
- JB is in the crowd with Joseph Park, the brother of Abyss. He talks about how much fun he's had at Universal today. JB asks what he thought about Abyss returning on Thursday. Joseph says he missed it because he was recovering from Bully Ray bullying him but he knows his brother is close by tonight. In the mean time, he's going to sit back and watch Austin Aries kick Bully Ray's ass.
Crimson vs. Eric Young
We go to the ring and out comes Crimson. Crimson cuts a promo on Matt Morgan and says he will continue to do nothing but win. Crimson says nobody wants to fight him. He issues an open challenge and calls a referee to the ring. A "we want Steiner" chant breaks out. Crimson wants the referee to start the match and begin a count out so he can get another check in the win column. The bell rings and the referee starts to count an invisible opponent. Eric Young's music and out he comes with ODB - the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Champions. ODB takes the mic and calls Crimson a douche. She talks trash but EY takes the mic. EY says her problems are his problems since they're married and in love. EY goes to the ring to fight. EY enters the ring and locks up with the referee. Crimson grabs him and beats him down in the corner.
EY makes a comeback and sends Crimson out to the floor. Crimson comes back in and they go at it again. Crimson finally grabs Young and tosses him over the top rope, out to the floor. Crimson follows and ODB tries to stop him. Crimson brings EY back in the ring and covers him for 2. Crimson with a big sit down suplex. ODB eventually comes in the ring and Crimson shoves her back into the corner. She goes down and he gets in her face. EY comes from behind and he's pissed off. EY unloads on Crimson and goes up to the top. EY hits the big elbow drop. EY tends to ODB but Crimson attacks from behind and hits Red Sky for the win.
- JB is backstage with Bully Ray with a Twitter question. Ray says he doesn't use Twitter, he goes old school and still uses MySpace. Ray talks about how he is going to destroy Austin Aries tonight.
Bully Ray vs. Austin Aries
We go to the ring and out first comes Bully Ray. The TNA X Division Champion Austin Aries is out next for this non-title match.
They meet in the middle of the ring and Ray looks down at Aries. Ray yells and points in Aries' face. Aries backs into the corner and sits up on the ropes, taunting Ray. Aries comes back into Ray's face with words of his own. Finally they go to lock up but Ray goes outside the ropes and stalls some more. They get ready again but Ray puts his body outside of the ropes again. Ray walks off the apron and to the steps now, as the crowd boos. Aries finally gets Ray in and unloads on him in the corner. Aries with a big boot. Aries comes off the second rope but Ray catches him in the air and slams him hard.
Ray spits on Aries and Aries responds with a slap and more offense. Aries goes to the top but Ray kicks him in the head and knocks him out to the floor. Aries has some nasty contusions and deep bruises on his back as he landed hard fro the top. Aries comes back in and Ray works him over around the ring. Ray applies a bear hug and Aries fights out but gets caught with a huge back drop. The back of Aries is in bad shape. Ray with a big chop and Aries goes back down. He gets up and wants a fight. Ray knocks him down again but Aries gets right back up. Aries has welts on his chest now from the chops. Ray goes for another chop but does a rake to the eye. Aries gets knocked to the apron but fights back in with elbows to the head. Aries hits a running forearm in the corner but runs right back into a big boot. Ray with a big slam for a 2 count. Very physical match here.
More back and forth. Ray hits his own version of the 3D but Aries kicks out at 2. Ray grabs his chain but Joseph Park, the brother of Abyss, comes through the crowd. Ray comes to ringside and grabs Park, bringing him over the barrier. Ray grabs a chair but turns around to Aries diving through the ropes. Ray comes back in the ring dazed. He turns around to a missile dropkick from Aries. Aries with a running dropkick in the corner and the brainbuster for a close 2 count. More back and forth. Aries counters a powerbomb and applies the Last Chancery submission for the win.
Winner: Austin Aries
- We see footage of Kazarian and Daniels on Impact, revealing photos of AJ Styles and Dixie Carter kissing.
- JB is backstage with Styles. He doesn't want to talk about the photos, Dixie, Daniels, Kaz or any of that. He's here to wrestle Kurt Angle and that's it.
- We get a promo video for the Angle vs. Styles match.
Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles
We go to the ring and out first comes Kurt Angle. AJ Styles is out next and here we go. They lock up and trade holds back and forth to start the match.
The trading of holds continues. Angle blocks a Styles Clash early on. AJ eventually fights out of a headlock and dropkicks Angle. AJ takes control now and drops a big knee for a 2 count. Styles powerbombs Angle and covers him for another 2 count. AJ sends Angle out to the floor and comes flying over but Angle moves. Angle goes for a German on the floor but AJ avoids it and hits Angle. They come back in the ring and AJ misses a big shot in the corner. Angle comes back with a suplex.
They go on and Angle hits a big tilt-a-whirl backbreaker for another pin attempt. Angle goes to a body scissors now. AJ fights out and tries for a comeback but Angle backdrops him. Angle takes it back to the mat with a headlock. They get back up and both go for crossbody blocks but butt heads in the middle of the air and go down. They go at it again and AJ drops Angle with a kick. Angle avoids a springboard and AJ drops him again. AJ goes for a Styles Clash but it's blocked. Angle gets dumped out to the floor. AJ springboards out to the floor with a big right hand on Angle.
Angle suplexes AJ back into the ring and takes him to the top. Angle goes for a superplex but AJ fights him off. Angle runs back up and throws AJ to the mat and covers him for 2. More back and forth. AJ hits the Styles Clash this time but Angle kicks out at 2. Angle connects with a big Germans suplex. They get to their feet and trade shots. AJ misses a moonsault and they trade holds again. Angle hits the Angle Slam but AJ kicks out again. Angle mocks AJ and calls for the Styles Clash but AJ won't allow it. AJ backdrops Angle but Angle applies the ankle lock. AJ kicks out and goes for a hurricanrana but Angle catches him and hits the Styles Clash. AJ rolls over for a 2 count. Angle goes up top for the moonsault but AJ moves out of the way. AJ springboards in and splashes down on Angle for another 2. AJ goes back to the top but Kazarian runs down. He gets knocked off the apron but Daniels distracts AJ and interferes. Angle with an Angle Slam but AJ kicks out again. Angle applies the ankle lock again and this time AJ taps.
Winner: Kurt Angle
- After the match, Daniels and Kazarian attack AJ as Angle looks on. Angle takes out Kazarian and then attacks Daniels, sending them both fleeing from the ring. Angle helps AJ to his feet and they hug.
- JB is backstage with Bobby Roode. Roode says Hulk Hogan can try and stack the deck against him but it won't work. Roode says he will beat Rob Van Dam tonight and nobody can stop him. Roode says in 10 days, he will go down in history as the longest reigning champion in TNA history.
- We get a promo video for tonight's main event.
Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Title: Rob Van Dam vs. Bobby Roode
We go to the ring and out first comes the challenger Rob Van Dam. Out next comes the TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode. JB is in the ring for formal ring introductions.
The bell rings and they go at it. RVD drops Roode with a heel kick to the head. RVD with shoulder thrusts in the corner before tossing Roode out to the floor. RVD gets a ladder from outside the ring but Roode hits him from behind. Roode works RVD over at ringside now. RVD turns it round and drops Roode over the barrier. RVD goes to the apron and crashes out onto Roode and the barrier. They bring it back in the ring but end right back up on the floor as RVD comes crashing on Roode. RVD sets up the ladder in the ring but Roode comes from behind and throws him into it.
Roode takes control of the match now and works RVD over in the corner. RVD counters and throws Roode head first into a ladder in the corner. RVD lays the ladder on the second rope in the corner. They tangle and Roode ends up catapulting RVD under the ladder. RVD's head gets stuck in between the rungs of the ladder. Roode hits RVD with the ladder and leans it on the ropes. Roode goes to suplex RVD onto it but he blocks. RVD counters and suplexes Roode onto the ladder. RVD leaves Roode on top of the ladder and splashes him onto it. RVD puts the ladder in the corner and turns around to a big boot. RVD comes back and springboard kicks Roode. RVD runs and takes Roode into the ladder with a body scissors. RVD with a boot to the throat in the corner now.
More back and forth. The chair comes into play and Roode eats that and a ladder in the corner again. Roode ends up going for the title belt but RVD stumbles into the ladder and knocks it over. Roode drops RVD's back onto the ladder with a big spinebuster. RVD monkey flips Roode onto a ladder in the corner and then hits Rolling Thunder. RVD's elbow is busted open bad. RVD ends up putting Roode onto the ladder again and going for the frogsplash but Roode moves. RVD smacks the ladder and flies out of the ring. RVD tries to come back in but Roode knocks him back to the floor with a ladder.
Roode climbs for the title. RVD comes in off the top and tries to jump onto the ladder but his leg gets caught and he falls bad, twisting the leg. RVD comes back up the ladder but Roode knocks him off and his head hits a steel chair. Roode grabs the title as RVD tries to kick the bottom of the ladder.
Winner: Bobby Roode
- We go to replays as Roode recovers and clutches the World Heavyweight Title belt. Sacrifice goes off the air with Roode's hand being raised.