Posted in: TNA Slammiversary Notes - Two Titles Changes, New No. 1 Contender, Streak Ends
By Daniel Pena
Jun 10, 2012 - 11:49:52 PM
The following events occurred Sunday night at TNA Wrestling's Slammiversary pay-per-view event:
- Bobby Roode beat Sting in the main event to retain the World Heavyweight Championship. The finish came when Roode grabbed a beer bottle that James Storm left at ringside during his appearance earlier in the show and bashed Sting over the head with it. Following the match, Sting wailed on Roode throughout the Impact Wrestling Zone and hit him with a Scorpion Death Drop off the entrance ramp.
- Miss Tessmacher captured the TNA Women's Knockouts Championship from Gail Kim. The title change ends Kim's record 210-day reign as champion.
Tessmacher rolled-up Kim, who had been gloating for dominating the match. Kim appeared in shock from the loss while Tessmacher appeared emotional. Christy Hemme then appeared on scene to interview the new champion, who called her victory "truly epic" and proclaimed, "God Bless Texas."
- Mr. Anderson beat Jeff Hardy and Rob Van Dam in a #1 Contender's Match to earn a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. Anderson will face Bobby Roode on this Thursday's episode of Impact Wrestling.
- James Storm answered Crimson's open challenge and defeated him in approximately two minutes via Last Call. This ends Crimson's 470-day undefeated streak.
- AJ Styles and Kurt Angle captured the TNA World Tag Team Championship from Daniels and Kazarian. Daniels and Kazarian captured the belts at last month's Sacrifice pay-per-view event from Magnus and Samoa Joe.