Ladies and gentlemen,
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: YOU VOTE on the 2014 LOP Hall of Fame Induction Class (Nomination Period Ends at Midnight)
By The Doc
Feb 1, 2014 - 11:59:34 PM
Last year, we at Lordsofpain.net began what we hoped would become an annual special happening for our readers with the advent of the LOP Hall of Fame. With a strong voter turnout in 2013, we are pleased to announce that, during the first week of April, we will be unveiling the second induction class into the LOP Hall of Fame
The LOP Hall of Fame consists of professional wrestlers and professional wrestling matches that you, the readers of LOP, nominate and vote on. From March 31st until April 6th, special “induction” columns dedicated to each inductee will be posted as part of our “LOP Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony,” a weeklong celebration of wrestling’s past.
We would like you to nominate Two singles wrestlers, one Tag Team or Faction, a Manager or Other Personality, and Two Wrestling Matches.
The Fabulous Moolah, based on her overwhelmingly close vote up against Trish Stratus a year ago, will be the female wrestler of the 2014 Class automatically.
The Nomination period will begin Saturday, February 22 and last one week, through Saturday, March 1.
At that time, nominations will be compiled and an official “Hall of Fame” ballot will be put together for readers to vote.
1) A singles nominee must be at least 3 years removed from his final singles match. Note that we will round up for someone who is on the cusp of the 3 year cutoff, so Edge is eligible, for those wondering.
2) The above cut off applies only to a major promotion. For the purposes of this Hall of Fame, TNA/Impact Wrestling will NOT be considered at this time, so Hulk Hogan and Sting are eligible, for those wondering. Suggested promotions to choose from include WWE, WCW- NWA (all major regions), AWA, and ECW (for its influence and popularity). You may also nominate someone from an international promotion such as New Japan or AAA.
3) Matches nominated must be from at least 5 years ago to allow for thorough and proper historical perspective to be gained and the test of time to be passed. **Note that these matches can include active superstars**
4) Wrestlers in factions or tag teams will be considered separate from their singles nominations, so if you want to nominate The New World Order, for instance, then go right ahead, as even though Kevin Nash is not eligible for singles induction, The N.W.O. has been defunct for over a decade.
We would like you to nominate, preferably below in the comments section, in the following format:
1) A Wrestler of Your Choosing
2) A Wrestler of Your Choosing
3) A Tag Team or Faction
4) A Manager or Personality
1) A Match of Your Choosing
2) A Match of Your Choosing
Thank you and we look forward to your participation in continuing to make this a great yearly tradition.
On behalf of Lordsofpain.net,
(Note - If there are any questions, feel free to leave it in the comments. I will check periodically)
(Note 2- For those that do not remember, the 2013 Class consisted of Ric Flair, Steve Austin, Bobby Heenan, The Four Horsemen, Trish Stratus, Steamboat vs. Savage from Mania 3, and Austin vs. Hart from Mania 13; so don't nominate those please)